2019 Uniforms

Advertisement
Just for the sake up something highly opinionated, and "light" after all the heavy posts lately...

With a new regime, should we stay with the classic threads Richt brought back, or should Manny make us the "Oregon" of Adidas?? and go....
For the most part Oregon uniforms are terrible.

I like the classic look of the current Uniforms. I miss the orange pants with white shirts though. I have turned Oregon games off because of the hideous stuff they wear.

nice opinions.... Dan approves! haha

A co-worker said they wished Adidas did a smoke gray one like they did for UTenn. a few years ago, but green accents? a loose interpretation of this...

View attachment 77311

No. Just no.

Orange on White. White on Orange. Occasional Green on White or White on Green. All black every now and then, should be at home only, we should never wear the black outside HRS. I guess I'll make an exception for Thursday night at VT or something like that every few years.

I'm fine with Orange on Orange or Green on Green every now and then if that's what the kids like (but not for FSU got dang it), but we absolutely do NOT need that ghey *** "smoke" crap or any other uni combos than what we already have.

Aside from the all blacks, don't touch the helmet. No. Matter. What.

Same jerseys but with a smoke home and away jersey

I’m confused.

When Nike gave us smoked unis, a lot and I mean a lot of people complained and I explained we got smoke unis to paid homage to our smoke entrance (which later came out).

Now we’re asking for smoke again?? Lol. (Not saying you, bro, just saying in general)

Advertisement
I like the classic look of the current Uniforms. I miss the orange pants with white shirts though. I have turned Oregon games off because of the hideous stuff they wear.

Yeah, Oregon is way too much. I hate that chit. I like their white on white w silver and when they go old school, but my god I can’t stand all the northern lights, disco light show crap they be putting on sometimes)

No. Just no.

Orange on White. White on Orange. Occasional Green on White or White on Green. All black every now and then, should be at home only, we should never wear the black outside HRS. I guess I'll make an exception for Thursday night at VT or something like that every few years.

I'm fine with Orange on Orange or Green on Green every now and then if that's what the kids like (but not for FSU got dang it), but we absolutely do NOT need that ghey *** "smoke" crap or any other uni combos than what we already have.

Aside from the all blacks, don't touch the helmet. No. Matter. What.

Agreed.

However, I’m good w some throw back uni combos once every blue moon, which means the lid would be different just b/c we wore different lids. ****, to be honest, I don’t even like the orange on orange or green on green. Lol.

Advertisement
so as it stands, seems like the favorable vote is the classics, black socks, black cleats, and occasional black outs, and MAYBE another alternate, but not a big fan of smoke... keep the ideas flowing...

Agreed.

However, I’m good w some throw back uni combos once every blue moon, which means the lid would be different just b/c we wore different lids. ****, to be honest, I don’t even like the orange on orange or green on green. Lol.
agree... not a fan of all orange/all green...

I did like this...
1547744860669.png

I like the 04-06 unis. But I’d stay with these and classic socks like the ones we wore vs FSU in 16

I am a fan of the classic uniforms, but the one gripe I have with the current ones is that the U on the collar and the name plates on the back end up looking stretched out and sideways (surely I am not the only one to notice this). I am sure that it has to do with the elasticity of the jersey itself, but I wish Adidas would figure out a solution because it looks like garbage. I like the Black uni set based on the Miami Nights name alone, but not in favor of a "smoke" concept. I love grey, but have never seen an iteration of that concept that I actually liked. If we were to do anything different than the classics I agree that a version of that 2000/2001 batwing jersey would be fire.

Advertisement
Agreed.

Yes, as a throw back to an actual uni we actually wore in the past, I'd be fine with one of those every other year or something like that. Do it against Bethune or FIU, though.

I'm not a fan of the orange/orange or green/green either (although I can take the orange/orange better than the pickle), but if the players like it, let them wear it on occasion.

National TV games, I'd really rather we stick to our base of orange, white, or green with white. Or all black if at home. Let the play on the field be the electricity. We can do other stuff to add spice to boring games like Bethune FIU, and Duke, although let's string up about 5-10 straight wins against Duke before we even put them back in that category.

so as it stands, seems like the favorable vote is the classics, black socks, black cleats, and occasional black outs, and MAYBE another alternate, but not a big fan of smoke... keep the ideas flowing...
White cleats/socks for green on white and orange on white...road games black socks black cleats. Back to HS DAYS

I am a fan of the classic uniforms, but the one gripe I have with the current ones is that the U on the collar and the name plates on the back end up looking stretched out and sideways (surely I am not the only one to notice this). I am sure that it has to do with the elasticity of the jersey itself, but I wish Adidas would figure out a solution because it looks like garbage. I like the Black uni set based on the Miami Nights name alone, but not in favor of a "smoke" concept. I love grey, but have never seen an iteration of that concept that I actually liked. If we were to do anything different than the classics I agree that a version of that 2000/2001 batwing jersey would be fire.

You're not. Focus on fixing that for 2019 and don't do anything else to the uni's.

Advertisement
agree... not a fan of all orange/all green...

I did like this...
View attachment 77321

Oh these are legendary. Will always be my all time favorite. We by far had the coolest unis. While everyone was going w the basic solid color jersey, block numbers, solid pants (w maybe a stripe), we broke out a unis that looked the par w a NFL team. These were super dope.

1547745039732.png

You can see here what I was talking about with the name plates looking distorted with the "N" on Dean's jersey. I love everything else about the current Unis.

Yes, as a throw back to an actual uni we actually wore in the past, I'd be fine with one of those every other year or something like that. Do it against Bethune or FIU, though.

I'm not a fan of the orange/orange or green/green either (although I can take the orange/orange better than the pickle), but if the players like it, let them wear it on occasion.

National TV games, I'd really rather we stick to our base of orange, white, or green with white. Or all black if at home. Let the play on the field be the electricity. We can do other stuff to add spice to boring games like Bethune FIU, and Duke, although let's string up about 5-10 straight wins against Duke before we even put them back in that category.

Agreed completely. (And u’re right, orange on orange trumps green on green if we had to choose. Lol.)

Advertisement
Back