2019 TE Larry Hodges receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
[TWEET]834075661904003073[/TWEET]

[HUDL]video/3/6015835/584593e4dfd8b80a08132643[/HUDL]

Larry Hodges, Jesuit, Tight End

6'2 200lbs TE from out of Tampa, goes to a good 5A school in Jesuit, they're only loss on the season was to AH in the playoffs.

Has 37rec 498yds & 4TD's for his career thus far.

Advertisement
Hope this doesn’t need scare off zipperer unless we are taking 2 TE’s

I don't think it will, but if we are going to take 2 TE's again this class 2019 has quite a few good prospects still available.

We also still could have a legit shot with Isaiah Foskey from out of De La Salle. Idk if Miami is still recruiting him though.

Advertisement
I don't think 2 TE's are necessary in 2019.

But if we only get 2 WRs (not including athletes like Mark Richards), I'd be down for 2 TEs. I think we have like 10 purely offensive scholarships available for 2019.

[HUDL]video/3/6015835/5a1c27f5dfd88206f8787ca6[/HUDL]

Finished his Junior year with 399yds rushing & 7TD's, with 26rec 249yds 1TD receiving.

Advertisement
In his junior highlights, they have him split out wide, in the slot, on the line with his hand down, taking snaps at RB, and even running the wildcat. He looks like one **** of an athlete, and looks like he has the sort of frame to put on more good weight and bully people around.

But if we only get 2 WRs (not including athletes like Mark Richards), I'd be down for 2 TEs. I think we have like 10 purely offensive scholarships available for 2019.
I think 2 are necessary, especially because hodges it’s a typical TE (under 6’2”).

Irvin is a bad week from being past richt’s dog house. Polendey ain’t a UM TE, IMO. we have two good frosh but that ain’t enough of a depth chrt and we’re one injury away from really thin.

Advertisement

Huh? We need more depth at TE. Jordan and Mallory are a start, still need a couple more.

Huh? We need more depth at TE. Jordan and Mallory are a start, still need a couple more.

By the time Hodges gets on campus we will have 5 TEs on the roster.
Now obviously if say Michael Irvin or Polendey left the program between now and next NSD, then obviously we'd want 2. But otherwise it isn't absolutely NECCESARY.

I don't think it will, but if we are going to take 2 TE's again this class 2019 has quite a few good prospects still available.

We also still could have a legit shot with Isaiah Foskey from out of De La Salle. Idk if Miami is still recruiting him though.

Thanks for the update.

As per Andrew Ivins from Inside the U today when asked what his weight was now.

"234 (lbs) is from this weekend."

Looks great as an H-Back blocker and receiver....guy can play multiple roles and very well.

Advertisement

Thanks for the update.

Looks great as an H-Back blocker and receiver....guy can play multiple roles and very well.

Don’t think we’ll ever target a prototypical TE under this regime and I can dig it. You get kids that can be in I form the motion into the slot without switching personnel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update.

MR likes to create mismatches so has a variety of receivers to exploit different defenses. This guy will help Realus George in pass protection, short yardage running, and devastating blocking.

He is 6-1 and 1/2 and 234 now...........will be solid 250 here. Nice addition as he is so multi-purpose.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back