2019 TE Larry Hodges receives offer

This is a solid pickup. He has great film and his versatility is amazing. Running Back, H-back, Tight End, Wide Receiver he plays them all

Advertisement
This kids tape is amazing. Making plays everywhere on the feild. One handed grabs, TDs from direct snaps, td throws etc. Can't believe anyone watches that film and complains about his rating. Our staff is doing their own talent evaluation. Perfect.

Advertisement
This kids tape is amazing. Making plays everywhere on the feild. One handed grabs, TDs from direct snaps, td throws etc. Can't believe anyone watches that film and complains about his rating. Our staff is doing their own talent evaluation. Perfect.

Kid does look very good. Do you think his height hurts his rating as a TE? He seems to play more like a 4*. Not as big safe target for QB, maybe? Might help his blocking though. TE is important and we seem to be sort of them lately, so I’m good with taking a couple each year. We’ve never won title without a real good one.

Tavaris Johnson 2.0

Whether you like the take or you don't...And whether Hodges pans out or it doesn't...that is really a bad comparison.

Johnson had measurable, didn't make plays...This kid doesn't have measurables but makes a ton of plays

Kid does look very good. Do you think his height hurts his rating as a TE? He seems to play more like a 4*. Not as big safe target for QB, maybe? Might help his blocking though. TE is important and we seem to be sort of them lately, so I’m good with taking a couple each year. We’ve never won title without a real good one.

My son is at the same school. Malek Davis came out of Tampa Jesuit as a 3 star last year and was Florida's best player before he was injured. UF went to **** after he went down. This kid was the best thing they had after Malek left. He will shoot up next year when the Jesuit coverage comes back. They really had a down year.

Advertisement

Don't give a **** about the ratings.

Hartley killing it. Kid looks like a more athletic Chris Herndon with better feet. Hope he sticks.

Last edited:
Hartley killing it. Kid looks like a more athletic Chris Herndon with better feet. Hope he sticks.

definately not more athletic than Herndon. I dont know why it always get stated like Herndon isnt a solid to above average athlete. I guess because were use to and have freaks like Graham,Shockey, Njoku , Winslow running around.

Herndon is like 6'3-6'4 250+ and likely windmills dunks basketballs, and should run sub 4.8.
This kid seems to be a fullback/hback specifically..and looks like a kid that could be a good compliment to Uncle Realus down the road. They already run similar plays for him at his high school

Advertisement

definately not more athletic than Herndon. I dont know why it always get stated like Herndon isnt a solid to above average athlete. I guess because were use to and have freaks like Graham,Shockey, Njoku , Winslow running around.

Herndon is like 6'3-6'4 250+ and likely windmills dunks basketballs, and should run sub 4.8.
This kid seems to be a fullback/hback specifically..and looks like a kid that could be a good compliment to Uncle Realus down the road. They already run similar plays for him at his high school

He's more athletic than Herndon and has better feet. Not a knock on Chris at all and he'll likely fill out about the same.

He's more athletic than Herndon and has better feet. Not a knock on Chris at all and he'll likely fill out about the same.

He looks to be a really athletic TE as of now, no way Miami is making this man a fullback. It's highly unlikely he would have committed this early as a FB.

Advertisement

Don't give a **** about the ratings.

I never use to so I understand that. I do like the look of this kid.

My son is at the same school. Malek Davis came out of Tampa Jesuit as a 3 star last year and was Florida's best player before he was injured. UF went to **** after he went down. This kid was the best thing they had after Malek left. He will shoot up next year when the Jesuit coverage comes back. They really had a down year.

Jeusit is a good school and team too. Like I said, kid looks like a 4. We need to stack good TEs. DT, QB and TE were always the delta between Miami and everyone else.

He has good feet..actually very nifty for a 6'2 kid. I like the pick up...i just dont think he is athletic as a 6'4 Herndon.

Here are his numbers from a combine his soph year.

Hodges, Larry Tampa Jesuit - FL TE 19 6-1 206 5.05 4.51 35.5 25.1 66.81

5.0 40 yd dash...He obviously lookes much more explosive than that. And has put on over 25 pds since then.

He'll be a nice HBACK, motion guy out of the backfield...and i think he has ability to play some full back as well..based on his feet and willingness to block.

Advertisement
Back