2019 TE Larry Hodges receives offer

Hartley killing it. Kid looks like a more athletic Chris Herndon with better feet. Hope he sticks.

definately not more athletic than Herndon. I dont know why it always get stated like Herndon isnt a solid to above average athlete. I guess because were use to and have freaks like Graham,Shockey, Njoku , Winslow running around.

Herndon is like 6'3-6'4 250+ and likely windmills dunks basketballs, and should run sub 4.8.
This kid seems to be a fullback/hback specifically..and looks like a kid that could be a good compliment to Uncle Realus down the road. They already run similar plays for him at his high school

He's more athletic than Herndon and has better feet. Not a knock on Chris at all and he'll likely fill out about the same.

He looks to be a really athletic TE as of now, no way Miami is making this man a fullback. It's highly unlikely he would have committed this early as a FB.

its not a diss to say hes a full back..at a time here we had fullbacks like Najeh Davenport, Willis Mcgahee, and DJ Williams...this kid looks to fit that mold. Realus will be the deebo...hes a guy we can hit in the flats and actually give carries to. Richt use to consistenly throw to full backs in the redzone i think he still has it in the playbook.

Advertisement
I know the OP meant to complement Hodges not criticize Herndon by calling him a "more athletic Herndon". Respectuflly, Herndon is a stud and is ridiculously underrated here. Hodges is better built to be a FB than Herndon, and may turn out to have a vertical leap high enough to play TE despite his height at 6'1"+. He's a top quality athlete.

But I'd take Herndon at TE every time, given he is 2 or more inches taller, has exceptional balance, punishes defenders, and can always be counted on for 5 or more YACs. Herndon may go lower in the draft because of his injury. But he's going to play for many years on Sunday.

Regardless, I'm very happy for the commit. Welcome to the U!

I know the OP meant to complement Hodges not criticize Herndon by calling him a "more athletic Herndon". Respectuflly, Herndon is a stud and is ridiculously underrated here. Hodges is better built to be a FB than Herndon, and may turn out to have a vertical leap high enough to play TE despite his height at 6'1"+. He's a top quality athlete.

But I'd take Herndon at TE every time, given he is 2 or more inches taller, has exceptional balance, punishes defenders, and can always be counted on for 5 or more YACs. Herndon may go lower in the draft because of his injury. But he's going to play for many years on Sunday.

Regardless, I'm very happy for the commit. Welcome to the U!

Herndon was a very average athlete when he committed to UM, which is why he was rated so low. He worked his *** off in the weight room and now he's an above average athlete.

At this stage, Hodges is far more athletic than Herndon was. Anyone who can't admit that is just forgets what Herndon was like in HS. Hodges would be a 2* if what gogeta and grover are trying to claim is true

Last edited:
Hartley killing it. Kid looks like a more athletic Chris Herndon with better feet. Hope he sticks.

definately not more athletic than Herndon. I dont know why it always get stated like Herndon isnt a solid to above average athlete. I guess because were use to and have freaks like Graham,Shockey, Njoku , Winslow running around.

Herndon is like 6'3-6'4 250+ and likely windmills dunks basketballs, and should run sub 4.8.
This kid seems to be a fullback/hback specifically..and looks like a kid that could be a good compliment to Uncle Realus down the road. They already run similar plays for him at his high school

He's more athletic than Herndon and has better feet. Not a knock on Chris at all and he'll likely fill out about the same.

He has good feet..actually very nifty for a 6'2 kid. I like the pick up...i just dont think he is athletic as a 6'4 Herndon.

Here are his numbers from a combine his soph year.

Hodges, Larry Tampa Jesuit - FL TE 19 6-1 206 5.05 4.51 35.5 25.1 66.81

5.0 40 yd dash...He obviously lookes much more explosive than that. And has put on over 25 pds since then.

He'll be a nice HBACK, motion guy out of the backfield...and i think he has ability to play some full back as well..based on his feet and willingness to block.

Combine #'s from when he was 15? Really?

Let's see how he does this Summer. Either that or find me Herndon's combine #s from when he was 15

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back