Isaac Quinones Woodstock River Bandits
Bailey Mantilla Woodstock River Bandits Transferred

South Florida Collegiate League
Austin Pollak Palm Beach Diamond Ducks

California Collegiate League
Chad Crosbie Orange County Rip Tide

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is of course still a moving target. Lala was headed to Alaska as of a couple weeks ago with Cook and Cloonan, but is no longer listed on the roster. I wouldn’t be surprised if he pops up as a temp in Cape Cod.

Canes Summer Teams (subject to change)
Cape Cod League
Daniel Federman Chatham Anglers
Alex Toral Chatham Anglers
Anthony Vilar Chatham Anglers
Freddy Zamora Chatham Anglers
Adrian Del Castillo Wareham Gatemen
JP Gates Wareham Gatemen
Slade Cecconi Wareham Gatemen
Raymond Gil Orleans Firebirds
Willy Escala Y-D Red Sox (Temp)

Alaska Baseball League
Jeremy Cook Anchorage Bucs
Dylan Cloonan Anchorage Bucs

Thanks for the info. I thought Cloonan was hurt? Was he able to get a medical red-shirt?

Advertisement
Thanks for the info. I thought Cloonan was hurt? Was he able to get a medical red-shirt?
I had heard he was close to healthy a few weeks ago. A medical redshirt may be why we didn’t see him at the end. He and Tuero both got injured in that borderline midseason area.

I had heard he was close to healthy a few weeks ago. A medical redshirt may be why we didn’t see him at the end. He and Tuero both got injured in that borderline midseason area.

That would be nice if they get it, as they both have nice strokes from the left side. We would be loaded w quality LH hitters for the next couple of years.

That would be nice if they get it, as they both have nice strokes from the left side. We would be loaded w quality LH hitters for the next couple of years.
At the same time, I could see Cloonan being a guy that transfers this summer. If the next couple days go well for us, we’re going to need to clear some bodies.

Advertisement
I love the Summer leagues, I spend a lot of time out on the tip of Long Island and go to several of the Hamptons Collegiate League games, usually one or two kids from Florida, but never guys from the big three.

Canes Summer Teams (subject to change)
Cape Cod League
Daniel Federman Chatham Anglers
Alex Toral Chatham Anglers
Anthony Vilar Chatham Anglers
Freddy Zamora Chatham Anglers
Adrian Del Castillo Wareham Gatemen
JP Gates Wareham Gatemen
Slade Cecconi Wareham Gatemen
Raymond Gil Orleans Firebirds
Willy Escala Y-D Red Sox (Temp)

Alaska Baseball League
Jeremy Cook Anchorage Bucs
Dylan Cloonan Anchorage Bucs

by the way, I should know this, but how are the summer league assignments determined?

by the way, I should know this, but how are the summer league assignments determined?
The staff works to get them into the right summer assignment. We tend to send our guys to the same teams year after year, often with a teammate on the same team or in the next town over.

Advertisement
Glad to see Gates is pitching this summer. He had a rough year on the mound but still has a ton of potential there. I'm sure he'll still be our DH for the next 2 years, hopefully he gets his command back this summer/fall and ends up as our set-up man or maybe even closer in 2020

I'm not sure how to word this question...

If we have seen some of our players (and I can only assume there are others across the country) hit a wall toward the end of the season, why are a lot of these guys pushed into Summer Leagues?

Is there a "rest" period for these guys?

Additional updates per 247

Lala - Cape Cod (Orleans Firebirds)
Rivera - Northwoods
Jenkins - Northwoods

Advertisement
The Cape season starts tonight. Lala and Gil are our only players listed on the active rosters. It appears the rest are taking some time off before heading up. Lala is in the leadoff spot for Orleans tonight.

Advertisement
Back