2019 Spring Preview: QB

View as article
I'm sure some schools wish they had one of our 4 QBs on their roster,I still feel there is talent in that group.
The last coaching staff did no justice to this QB group. Clean slate and may the best man win. It is just a matter of time before we know
who has the heart, will and cojones to lead.
Very important Papo, you left out the cabeza, lol.

Advertisement
Data, facts are Data based. You listed what Rosier SAID about Richt. His experience and perception of those experiences. That is subjective. An opinion so to speak. Besides, never did talk about Malik, I expressed my opinion about Kosi. Which y’all took umbrage too. But the two verifiable facts on Kosi that he waved a wad of cash and his **** on the internet. Does that sound like a kid the had his head on right, was focused? Never said I don’t want Kosi to succeed, of course I do. He succeeds, we succeed. Just want him to be present and focused, to compete. Not challenging your ego, just having a difference of opinion.be glad to have a seat, at the bar and I’ll buy y’all a beer🙌🏿

I’m always down for a beer. My thing is remember Kosi was only 19. If social media was rolling when I was 19 as it is now— I’d be scared. Hot young stud at a campus with students from all across the globe. What that shows is a lack leadership from seniors and Coaches. I’m not saying Kosi doesn’t have a long way to go, because he does. If Enos can’t get more out of him, I will salute you for your stance. I just want to see what Enos dies with that whole room first.

I’m always down for a beer. My thing is remember Kosi was only 19. If social media was rolling when I was 19 as it is now— I’d be scared. Hot young stud at a campus with students from all across the globe. What that shows is a lack leadership from seniors and Coaches. I’m not saying Kosi doesn’t have a long way to go, because he does. If Enos can’t get more out of him, I will salute you for your stance. I just want to see what Enos dies with that whole room first.
I wouldn’t have wanted a lot of my antics and activities in Coral Gables recorded, that would be embarrassing.you’re right Enos has a *** load of talent at QB, let’s hope he brings that talent to fruition. That would bode well for our future.

Advertisement
I have NO favorite...nor do I care who will be finally selected.

I will NOT be listening to anyone following any of these guys around campus giving updates on how they look or what they've saying. In fact, I'm hoping Campus Security or CGPD stops the stalking and lets these young men be young men.

I accept that we have zero input on who is selected .....and willingly leave the selection of our QB in the capable hands of Enos and Diaz

GO CANES

I know they have a clean slate with Enos. But it’s hard for me to forget that Perry was so undisciplined on the field and immature off the field on so many occasions that he lost his starting spot back to Rosier. And Williams’ answer to being third string was to invest less time improving his craft and more time eating donuts.

I hope they make the most of their second shot. I’m not optimistic Martell will get his waiver.

I do think Enos is a good enough coach to get enough out of his starting QB to win with our schedule. Even if the QB isn’t NFL caliber physically and/or mentally. Williams is my horse because of his accuracy. I also think he’s more poised than Perry.

Perry: The old coach's guy who had two years (that's 2, Dos) to learn the old simple playbook, while making one muttonheaded move after another off the field.

Yeah sure, he's gonna have this playbook down and be able to read coverages that dictate multiple routes.

There's an old saying; "You can't polish a sneaker."

We've heard for 2 years how Williams didn't know the playbook; last year how Perry didn't study the playbook blah blah. It's going to be very interesting how quickly they pick up Enos's offense and perform under the new staff (FIVE new offensive coaches). The QB's are now going to have to put up or shut up. :neonu:
I guarantee it’s not that they didn’t know the playbook but that it was more to do with them not doing exactly what richt says on the field. Remember malik said richt would get on to them if they threw to someone who was open and not the progression richt wanted them to.. you cant play modern football trying to control actions on the field like that

Last edited:
Advertisement
I wouldn’t have wanted a lot of my antics and activities in Coral Gables recorded, that would be embarrassing.you’re right Enos has a *** load of talent at QB, let’s hope he brings that talent to fruition. That would bode well for our future.
I've never understood this stance..."Well I know what I was doing when I was 19..." We also weren't a starting qb for UM. With that comes more responsibility than the average 19 year old. Hes proven so far he cant handle it so somehow we look to give him or any of the QBs(3 of them suspended) a pass. Let stop lowering the bar and have a standard like Manny had been preaching with his defense the last 3 years and hopefully the whole team going forward

I gurantee it’s not that they didn’t know the playbook but that it was more to do with them not doing exactly what richt says on the field. Remember malik said richt would get on to them if they threw to someone who was open and not the progression richt wanted them to.. you cant play modern football trying to control actions on the field like that
Facts.

When QBs fail, dumb fans always blame it on them because dummies typically think coaches are not to blame. It’s always, “The QB is dumb” or “The QB doesn’t know the playbook” or some other tired dopey fan ****.

Rickety was an abomination. All our QBs got progressively worse under him because he didn’t let them play. He had them paralyzed in thought.

Facts.

When QBs fail, dumb fans always blame it on them because dummies typically think coaches are not to blame. It’s always, “The QB is dumb” or “The QB doesn’t know the playbook” or some other tired dopey fan ****.

Rickety was an abomination. All our QBs got progressively worse under him because he didn’t let them play. He had them paralyzed in thought.

I will admit I scratched my head when Richt once commented that Williams often didn't hit the right guy but found the open man. Isn't the open man the right guy? Yes, in a perfect world the QB makes the perfect throw to the WR with the most perfect route after going through his progressions perfectly. But it starts with completions and getting a rhythm going. We haven't looked smooth in nearly 20 years since Dorsey (arguably Berlin's second year was okay, too). Closest was Fisch with Harris and Morris, which is approaching 7+ years ago now. Let's start there and build up some confidence.

That said, I think it's fair to be concerned that Williams reportedly slacked off when the Richts derailed his development. It's both coaches and players. Perryman didn't let Mark D'Onofrio stop him from being great.

Putting the onus on Richt only in the failures of all 3 QB’s from last year doesn’t sell the entire picture. I get kids get disinterested and were “going through the motions”. But at some point you have to own your own life/world and take accountability for your actions. Here’s hoping that all 3 learned a valuable lesson from last year. If they couldn’t gather their thoughts in a 5 play offense I’m concerned they’ll fully grasp Enos’ much more complex offense. Let’s hope all QB’s have immersed themselves into the playbook, are learning it front to end, and will be ready to go next week in Spring practice. It’s not going to look good if they aren’t at least going through their progressions, getting the ball out, with an accurate throw. Thats the time where someone, or a couple, will start separating themselves from the pack. I don’t want to go down to 2wks before the Gayturd game not knowing who the clear cut starter is going to be. I want that decided before then, with at minimal 2 QB’s who are starter worthy working with the 1st team receiver group, getting down their timing and route running. If we’re still flipping through pages in the playbook come Fall, no way we’ll be ready for 8/24.

Advertisement
I disagree. There's nothing that says this is Martell's job. No one even knows if he can read defenses any better than the other QBs. This is a competition. There are NO favorites!!!! Just fan favorites.

The guy that masters the offense and can make plays will win the starting job.

May the best man win!!!!

Martell was coached under a legit coach, the other 3 QBs were coached by Jon richt

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back