2019 sofla free agency thread

Advertisement
Is he a really good coach or is he really good at assembling talent? I'm genuinely curious. I know he's gotten loads of talent to Chaminade but when you have those teams, how hard is it to out-talent someone in 3A? Maybe he is a really good coach, but I'm a bit skeptical.
He's awful.

We aren't talking about the kids with DI hopes. We are talking about the kids who are one of the better players on their mediocre teams that colleges never visit. most of the kids that come to ride the bench aren't being poached. They are asking for a spot because they haven't heard a thing from schools yet and they know they got a better chance of getting noticed during a practice at STA then in a game at their school. There is a reason STA always has 20+ seniors signing on NSD and at least 7 of them have less then 100 snaps on the season.

I don't know about all that.
Every kid we (myself or coaching buddies) ever lost to STA already had P5 offers when they left us.
And we were winning games too, it's not like we sucked.

Some kids simply just can't turn down the opportunity to say that they play at STA. It's like an offer from Bama to them.

Advertisement
I tried to be nice about it.lol
I'm sure this is the case. Harriot at STA runs an embarrassing *** heinous offense.

So what's the deal? WTF is happening? How are these corches able to hoard all this talent? Why are Chaminade and STA cleaning up in Free Agency? My suspicion is that high school "bag men" exist and are as awful as imagined. Why else would a kid with P5 offers leave his school, teammates, guaranteed playing time to link up with a "super team" managed by a corch?

Man, if we now got HS bag men, I'd just be out on South Florida talent. How can you possibly overcome the entitlement mentality?

Advertisement
I always say this about high school coaches...

Show me what they do when they don't have a roster full of D1 kids.

For example, the guy at West Broward has done a phenomenal job. They have zero talent at that school and he's managed to go 7-3 and get them into the playoffs.
I'm sure this is the case. Harriot at STA runs an embarrassing *** heinous offense.

So what's the deal? WTF is happening? How are these corches able to hoard all this talent? Why are Chaminade and STA cleaning up in Free Agency? My suspicion is that high school "bag men" exist and are as awful as imagined. Why else would a kid with P5 offers leave his school, teammates, guaranteed playing time to link up with a "super team" managed by a corch?

Man, if we now got HS bag men, I'd just be out on South Florida talent. How can you possibly overcome the entitlement mentality?

Cause all of these programs have at least one coach that hangs around the optimist programs, 7-on-7 teams, camp circuits, etc. They slurp these 14-16 year old kids and convince them to go to their program.

The kids don't know that they're being coRched. They're winning games so they must be doing something right. *shrug*

I remember years ago I had a LB who was getting phone calls from Flanagan and Heritage coaches while we were in the middle of our season. LOL
Right after football practice his phone would start ringing. They didn't even let him finish his Sophomore season before they were up his a$$.

They weren't even paying attention to him before this, but he started his Sophomore season with 8 sacks in 4 games and they started pursuing him.

dude im just going to give you the heads up ...we have "bag men" in OPTOMIST/Pop Warner. This isnt even new...there were bag men when i was a kid. You think Luke just came up with the bounty or money for big plays? thats a Miami Staple. I grew up in the time when the JoHn Doe boys (Liberty City) use to pass out money for big plays, etc. Aint nothing change.

Those schools listed keep one or 2 guys as recruiters whom also either coach optomist clubs or fratenize with optomist clubs. What made it more open is this 7 on 7 sh*t. More so in the early 2000s when i was in high school you didnt really link up or even get along with guys from other schools because you didnt cross paTHs much. The only ones you did with is the guys that went to middle school with you whom may have went to another nearby school due to zoning. So i was always cool with the miramar, Hallendale, Flanagan kids on team because we likely went to middle school together. Now all these kids are "friends" because they play 7 on 7 together...and thats where alot of the recruitment and respect my decision takes place.

Sta also pays most of the school fee, scholarships, transportation, and even **** home school..the set up is really good.

Chaminade gets in the game on a smaller level and hits up pocket areas..they uisually will grab the hollywood, dania, hallendale area and sometime go into dade north area like norland.

American Heritage was recruiting at sta level for a short time (when the u school split) . They had dade kids mixed in with inner city fort lauderdale kids..lumped in with rich kids from weston like Nesta and company down to west miramar/pembroke pines (Wilsons, schwartz, Campbell, etc)

Advertisement
dude im just going to give you the heads up ...we have "bag men" in OPTOMIST/Pop Warner. This isnt even new...there were bag men when i was a kid. You think Luke just came up with the bounty or money for big plays? thats a Miami Staple. I grew up in the time when the JoHn Doe boys (Liberty City) use to pass out money for big plays, etc. Aint nothing change.

Those schools listed keep one or 2 guys as recruiters whom also either coach optomist clubs or fratenize with optomist clubs. What made it more open is this 7 on 7 sh*t. More so in the early 2000s when i was in high school you didnt really link up or even get along with guys from other schools because you didnt cross paTHs much. The only ones you did with is the guys that went to middle school with you whom may have went to another nearby school due to zoning. So i was always cool with the miramar, Hallendale, Flanagan kids on team because we likely went to middle school together. Now all these kids are "friends" because they play 7 on 7 together...and thats where alot of the recruitment and respect my decision takes place.

Sta also pays most of the school fee, scholarships, transportation, and even **** home school..the set up is really good.

Chaminade gets in the game on a smaller level and hits up pocket areas..they uisually will grab the hollywood, dania, hallendale area and sometime go into dade north area like norland.

American Heritage was recruiting at sta level for a short time (when the u school split) . They had dade kids mixed in with inner city fort lauderdale kids..lumped in with rich kids from weston like Nesta and company down to west miramar/pembroke pines (Wilsons, schwartz, Campbell, etc)
All facts

This is a common misconception. Kids who can play get attention, regardless of what school they go to. Most are not transfering from "small schools" either. A majority of the public schools that STA poaches athletes from have larger enrollments. A lot of guys who could have played a whole season and had a whole highlight feel to show recruiters, get stuck on the bench with nothing to show for a potential scholarship offer. Getting a DIII offer is pretty much worthless since there is no DIII school in Florida. Whatever minor scholarship you'd receive wouldn't come close to offsetting the added costs of paying out of state tuition. Maybe for the wealthy kids who's parents are actually paying for them to attend STA, that matters. But the kids they're poaching aren't trying to get DIII offers.

All of college football knows there's a ton of talent here. They don't need St. Thomas to "get noticed".

Basically every word that you typed is wrong.

Whether it's about kids who can "play" getting attention (what about those that "can't" play?), STA getting the majority of their transfers from schools with larger enrollments (Dillard, Calvary Christian, American Heritage, Coconut Creek etc. have *smaller* enrollments) or sitting the bench not being worth it (go to one of their spring practices and see the offers being extended to kids who won't play in the fall).

Somebody who's totally ignorant of economics.

And the gogeta4's of the past (about 10-15 years ago) used to claim that STA bought houses for players and their families. It's just as stupid a claim today as it was back then.

But keep spouting your illiterate nonsense.

Last edited:
Advertisement

And the gogeta4's of the past (about 10-15 years ago) used to claim that STA bought houses for players and their families. It's just as stupid a claim today as it was back them.

How is that a stupid claim. Even Plant down here in Tampa use to rent apartments in their zone. The players would never move into them but would use the addresses. That’s how they started winning during the “Robert Marve era”. And I’m sure they are nowhere near the level of recruiting that STA is on.

Coach Irving bought Deonte Lucas beats headphones to go to the High

How is that a stupid claim.

Because STA is a private school that is run by the Archdiocese of Miami. They have to remain financially viable (in fact, they are one of only two high schools in the Archdiocese that IS in fact financially solvent). They can't throw around the kind of money that these clowns claim if they are to remain, you know, open.

And the gogeta4's of the past (about 10-15 years ago) used to claim that STA bought houses for players and their families. It's just as stupid a claim today as it was back them.

Huh? Guarantee i know more about sta than you....who do you know on the current staff, what current players do you know?. I never claim they bought houses or anything...but im pretty in tune with the set up. They award scholarships, pay the tuition for certain kids, and some of the kids attend home school or virtual

Advertisement
Back