2019 recruiting

Hmm, no, I just reread it. I understood.

Now you reread mine.

Here is your original response to my post.

Does being dragged into an FBI investigation count as "some crazy explanation"?

No because these issues occurred before that. A freak explanation would be everyone on the team transfers because of sanctions or a coach leaving. Again, this doesn't mean the FBI didn't *** recruiting. It means that these issues were prevalent way before the FBI stuff.

I know people are tired of hearing about it, but that type of stuff has ramifications for years - recruiting classes of 0 are unheard of!

There are two REAL ways to bring in talent:

1. Recruiting (HS and JUCOs), and
2. Transfers (from other schools).

So like the post said...Now the FBI investigation did really hurt us recruiting wise, nobody would say the opposite, but this doesn't mean that these issues didn't exist before that. So you have an issue that already existed, roster management, and then you have an even bigger hurdle (from outside forces). Even with the FBI bullchit, Coach was able to bring in 3 transfers last year (McGusty, Mack and Johnson). Clearly those 3 didn't care, I am sure there were others too.

When you constantly don't fill the class and don't use all the scholarships...these issues will continue.

Advertisement
Don't need to "join" in order to read.

You and the kid on the sprectrum @Da_Lucky_One whining about roster management and 13 scholarships after the catastrophe that we experienced this year is one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Two questions Kunty:

1. How many handles have you created?

2. What is the "sprectrum"?

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is all you can do.

You have no other move.

Porster above inserts herself into a conversation between two posters. Before Kunty shows up, you have a conversation that is on topic with different POVs. No big deal.

Shut up.

Your shtick is old.

Get a clue.

Random **** joins March 14, 2019. How many handles have you created? What do you add here besides a smelly ****?

First of all, @Consigliere you need to chill out and not be as combative as you often times are. Not saying that you don't have the right to your own opinion, but this tough guy moniker you are trying to play around here is completely unnecessary.

I also believe that you are wrong about this idea of "roster mismanagement". The staff went all-in on perceived one and done's like Huell, Brown and Walker. It was a clear deviation from the norm (2-3+ year guys) and something I doubt they do again. Even so, this past year's roster with a core of Huell, Lykes, DJ, Amp, Miles Wilson, Gak, Zach Johnson, Buka and Sam W is 9 deep and probably gets us into the tourney comfortably. As it was, Wilson got booted, Huell implicated, Gak tore his ACL and Rodney Miller was too out of shape to step up and contribute in his stead. As the 2019 class is revealing, 2018 was the exception and not the rule.

I also believe that you are wrong about this idea of "roster mismanagement". The staff went all-in on perceived one and done's like Huell, Brown and Walker. It was a clear deviation from the norm (2-3+ year guys) and something I doubt they do again. Even so, this past year's roster with a core of Huell, Lykes, DJ, Amp, Miles Wilson, Gak, Zach Johnson, Buka and Sam W is 9 deep and probably gets us into the tourney comfortably. As it was, Wilson got booted, Huell implicated, Gak tore his ACL and Rodney Miller was too out of shape to step up and contribute in his stead. As the 2019 class is revealing, 2018 was the exception and not the rule.

These issues have been going on for a long time. Please see my post here (below). I went into all of this stuff.

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/anthony-mack-transferring.146869/page-3#post-3945121

Advertisement
These issues have been going on for a long time. Please see my post here (below). I went into all of this stuff.

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/anthony-mack-transferring.146869/page-3#post-3945121

Annual recruting class rank of 10, 15, ZERO commits, and now 25. You must be really bad at pattern recognition.

Yes Miami should've had an extra player or two. They probably would've been an NIT team last year had that been the case.

But had they recruited like they normally do, they would've brought in multiple 4+ star players and made the tournament.

Here is your original response to my post.

No because these issues occurred before that. A freak explanation would be everyone on the team transfers because of sanctions or a coach leaving. Again, this doesn't mean the FBI didn't *** recruiting. It means that these issues were prevalent way before the FBI stuff.

There are two REAL ways to bring in talent:

1. Recruiting (HS and JUCOs), and
2. Transfers (from other schools).

So like the post said...Now the FBI investigation did really hurt us recruiting wise, nobody would say the opposite, but this doesn't mean that these issues didn't exist before that. So you have an issue that already existed, roster management, and then you have an even bigger hurdle (from outside forces). Even with the FBI bullchit, Coach was able to bring in 3 transfers last year (McGusty, Mack and Johnson). Clearly those 3 didn't care, I am sure there were others too.

When you constantly don't fill the class and don't use all the scholarships...these issues will continue.

Cool. If the issues continue and we still make the tournament more often then not, then let them continue.

No coach is perfect. Coach L has an issue with managing the end of his roster.

If that's your biggest weakness as a coach, you're a **** good coach.

Annual recruting class rank of 10, 15, ZERO commits, and now 25. You must be really bad at pattern recognition.

Yes Miami should've had an extra player or two. They probably would've been an NIT team last year had that been the case.

But had they recruited like they normally do, they would've brought in multiple 4+ star players and made the tournament.

Again, I said the FBI really really really hurt recruiting BUT we had these issues with roster management for some time and we still brought in 3 transfers. In addition, as the post clearly stated, why not bring in for fillers and/or local guys. You know players that just want the opportunity to compete.

Again, I am not saying the FBI didn’t *** us. I am saying that there are options and this problem occurred before the FBI came around.

Advertisement
I’ll agree that we need to hit the local ranks a bit more diligently, but you aren’t landing 3 top 25 classes in 4 years if you are taking mostly local kids. Just not realistic

Was just going to mention. Adding Beverly is a huge coup in a variety of ways. He was one of the BPA still left on the board, and that is a big deal from a perception standpoint, especially considering our recruiting shortcomings last year and the subsequent season we had. Getting a kid from Montverde cannot be understated either as they are one of the best programs in the nation and perpetually have high-D1 talent.

From a purely basketball standpoint, this potentially allows DJ to slide back to a super-sub role where we can hide some of his defensive deficiencies. A guard lineup of Lykes - Beverly - McGusty is strong and gives us enough shooting to keep opposing defenses honest. I'd love if we'd be able to add to that with a bench led by Wong - DJ - and perhaps a kid like Enaruna.

Our bigs situation is pretty lean with really just Gak, Sam, Miller, and Anthony Walker so hopefully we turn our attention there next.
Calling our big situation "lean" is a severe understatement. The shlt looks tragic right now.

Gak is an undersized PF coming off a season-ending injury
Waardenburg is barely a big--he's a PF because he's tall. He's useless in the paint
Miller-HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH
Walker is a true freshman who doesn't look physically ready for college basketball

We need other high school big as well as a grad transfer that can play next year, IMO.

I’ll agree that we need to hit the local ranks a bit more diligently, but you aren’t landing 3 top 25 classes in 4 years if you are taking mostly local kids. Just not realistic

My concern is about numbers not ranking. Look at the numbers and the actual issues we had surrounding said issue. Did you read my post?

Advertisement
Back