2019 predictions

Call it like I see it.

We have no proven QB
We have an entire new OC, offensive staff and offense scheme.
We have no true OT besides Zion
We lost a an AA at DT.
We lost a very very good secondary

10 wins will be an absolute miracle.
I’m thinking we’ll be closer to 7/8. Just way too many question marks.
The top 2 are huge and we can’t get any worse than we were last year

Advertisement
Wouldn’t be surprised with that. Still going to be a depth/talent gap but I think we’ve closed the gap a lot since we last played

The rematch under Manny's Direction would be nice. Interesting to see how our Canes Defense would contain their Golden Boy QB.

It's still Clemson, but if we could keep it close, we could send them a message: New Sheriff in Town.

Anything less than a 10 win regular season this year then Diaz isn’t the guy. I hate to put those stipulations on him but given the roster and the schedule, let’s have some standards around here as it’s not asking for much. Diaz knew what the problem was and as of now looks like he fixed most of them with a litany of moves he’s made. We will see what happens ultimately but this should be a big season this year imo. Remember we would have won 11 in the regular season last year with even just the output of the 2017 offense which was average and better than the 2018 offense but far more explosive

We’ve won 10 games once in 15 years...

Yes we some decent talent but this will take time

Call it like I see it.

We have no proven QB
We have an entire new OC, offensive staff and offense scheme.
We have no true OT besides Zion
We lost a an AA at DT.
We lost a very very good secondary

10 wins will be an absolute miracle.
I’m thinking we’ll be closer to 7/8. Just way too many question marks.

Absolutely on point on all 5 markers.

Our one salvation is that Manny appears to want to open things up and score more points to take advantage of his talent base. Richt didn't do that, and it showed in game after game against weak opponents. The Wisconsin Game was when the mask really came off. Offensively, we need to be radically different than how we were last year to the extent that looking at last year's film helps nobody.

I would rather roll FSU.

Still salty over 1997 and 2010.

2001 was nice but I won’t be satisfied until we scalp em for a 30+ beatdown.

Now is the time to jump on them both and take control of the state.

Yea I need to see a FSU get massacred.

Advertisement
Kind of scary to see that Vegas has us at 8.5 wins with juice on the Under. But let's be real: our OL is suspect, we don't have a proven second starting CB, we're breaking in a brand new head coach, and we'll have a new starting QB.

Now, I'll be the first to say whoever starts at QB should be better than Rosier was last year. But new head coach and new starting QB combos don't tend to win 10 games the first go around. That's just a fact. I don't care if you're talking Saban or Dabo, they didn't just show up and start winning 10+ games in year one. So I'm skeptical, too. Skeptical but hopeful.
A former player said that when he was talking to Sereals last year Sereals said that if he can just make it through the year, he thought we would have a decent oline this year. Obviously he didn't make it, and we still have serious questions (especially at LT) but with Feeley doing what he's doing and Butch coaching them up I think our oline will surprise some people. There is really no dline on our schedule talented enough to expose us but maybe FSU.

A former player said that when he was talking to Sereals last year Sereals said that if he can just make it through the year, he thought we would have a decent oline this year. Obviously he didn't make it, and we still have serious questions (especially at LT) but with Feeley doing what he's doing and Butch coaching them up I think our oline will surprise some people. There is really no dline on our schedule talented enough to expose us but maybe FSU.
Well I think you of all people would appreciate this, but I think that Tate's mobility could really help the OL look better than it is. And we just need the OL to stay healthy. OL and LBs absolutely must stay healthy this year to get to 10+ wins.

Well I think you of all people would appreciate this, but I think that Tate's mobility could really help the OL look better than it is. And we just need the OL to stay healthy. OL and LBs absolutely must stay healthy this year to get to 10+ wins.
I 100% agree. We need some 2017 type luck and stay healthy this year. If Enos is the OC everyone thinks, he will be able to scheme around relying heavily on the oline. Really think we will be okay at that position barring any injuries. But yeah Tate starting is already set in stone and that's going to help also.

Advertisement
Wow. It’s only early July.

We don’t usually see these kinds of out of control “We goin’ all the way!” threads until at least mid-August.

10-2 during Regular Season, but new offense dictates UM loses one game early.

I could see a loss to Florida and some close wins before the offense clicks.

We should go 11-1, but Enos' system is complicated.

Advertisement
I know it’s early, we have question marks on OL, have to replace a top DT, and 2 drafted safeties on the back end plus 1 CB. All that and figuring out a starting QB early enough in camp that Enos can get the offense all firing from the same cylinders for Week 0. I think we surprise the hated Gayturd, and badly launching Miami into the Top 15-20 to begin the regular season. After that, we should be predicted favorites for all remaining ACC Coastal games, including at Doak versus FSU. I do however think we’ll trip up especially if the team starts pumping their chest instead of focusing on the opponent at hand. Give me 11-1, 10-2 at worse for the season. That should be good enough for a rematch against Clemson. By then we will have solidified the offense and defense, making it truly anyone’s game to win.

I like Cam’ron to lead all RB’s with 800+ yards and 7 TD’s followed by DJ at @600 yards rushing but 400yds receiving and 6 total TD’s. I’ll take KJ with the yardage title at WR with 800yds and 5TD’s but JT goes @700yds with 8TD’s. That leaves Brevin and Mallory to split @600yds and another 8TD’s. We’re going to see an explosive offense, and not just against CMU either.

On defense I’ll take Hall leading all tacklers from the safety spot followed by Shaq then Pinckney. Rousseau will lead the way in TFL and Hill in sacks. Ford and Miller play stout enough to combine for GWIII’s 2018 production, leading the defense to a Top 10 ranking along with a Top 40 offense.

Advertisement
9 wins and forward momentum are the goal, with 10 wins and hot at year end being the Manolo outcome.

The vegas win total is properly set.

I don’t think people are sleeping on him really. It’s just that there are two talented backs already entrenched above him

Assuming all three are healthy, who has the most talent, and the most homerun potential?

I think they all three are going to play. They’re all going to get their carries. But if Lo is healthy, he’s going to be breaking long ones all season

Anything less than 10 regular season wins is a failure

A four win improvement in his first year is too ambitious, and setting that up as the expectation does the program no favors. Vegas doesn't just have us at 8.5, the juice is on the under.

Advertisement
Back