2019 predictions

12-0 is a bold statement because anything can happen during the season, but I'm very confident this team wins at least 11 regular season games. I'm not even sure it matters who starts at Quarterback. Our schedule is weak enough that we could probably win 11 games with any of the three QBs.

Advertisement
If Miami gets 15 TDs out of its RB1 and 10 out of its QB, this team isn’t losing more than a game.

I doubt the entire team hasn’t run for more than 25 TDs in the past 10 years, never mind 2 guys.

I would rather roll FSU.

Still salty over 1997 and 2010.

2001 was nice but I won’t be satisfied until we scalp em for a 30+ beatdown.

Now is the time to jump on them both and take control of the state.

Anything less than a 10 win regular season this year then Diaz isn’t the guy. I hate to put those stipulations on him but given the roster and the schedule, let’s have some standards around here as it’s not asking for much. Diaz knew what the problem was and as of now looks like he fixed most of them with a litany of moves he’s made. We will see what happens ultimately but this should be a big season this year imo. Remember we would have won 11 in the regular season last year with even just the output of the 2017 offense which was average and better than the 2018 offense but far more explosive

The title of the thread is not EXPECTATIONS it is PREDICTIONS. Vegas says we win 8.5 games. I say 8. You say our DC knows what needs to change. I say we already had a DC who said he knew what needed to change. Until he proves me wrong, I am predicting more of the same.

The title of the thread is not EXPECTATIONS it is PREDICTIONS. Vegas says we win 8.5 games. I say 8. You say our DC knows what needs to change. I say we already had a DC who said he knew what needed to change. Until he proves me wrong, I am predicting more of the same.
I wouldn’t predict the same unless you expect Miami’s offense to be a repeat of last year which was the worst we have had in decades. Can’t get no lower than they were

Advertisement
Top 5 D again a top 40 offense Canes roll into Charlotte 11-1 with a shot at the playoff. Regardless of Perry or Martell being QB1 I believe Enos will get the Offense where it needs to go. Although I believe Martell has that “it” factor to put us over the top

I wouldn’t predict the same unless you expect Miami’s offense to be a repeat of last year which was the worst we have had in decades. Can’t get no lower than they were

Even an improvement in offense does not predict a decline in defense. Anything is possible. There's also the possibility we have similar offensive production because our players are mostly the same. KJ Osborn looks like one of the few players capable of hanging onto the ball.

On defense, my fear is we take a step back until the DT and Safety situations settle around mid-season. Hope to be pleasantly surprised.
On offense, I would be surprised if we click on anywhere close to all cylinders early in the year. However, I think we're rolling on O in second half of the season and toward the end.

Advertisement

This stat cannot be shared enough.

We are going to blowout Florida. I see Manny running up the score in that one. Statement game, put CFB on notice. FSU will be our most challenging game. I'm not nearly as worried about Clemson as most people. It will be a good game we won't get blownout. NY6 bowl and #7 class on the way.

From your mouth to God's ear my brother

On defense, my fear is we take a step back until the DT and Safety situations settle around mid-season. Hope to be pleasantly surprised.
On offense, I would be surprised if we click on anywhere close to all cylinders early in the year. However, I think we're rolling on O in second half of the season and toward the end.

Agree with you on the DT situation. We've been so good against the run the past few seasons due to incredible DT play. Shaq and the boys will need to step up early and make sure those guys get comfortable.

Kind of scary to see that Vegas has us at 8.5 wins with juice on the Under. But let's be real: our OL is suspect, we don't have a proven second starting CB, we're breaking in a brand new head coach, and we'll have a new starting QB.

Now, I'll be the first to say whoever starts at QB should be better than Rosier was last year. But new head coach and new starting QB combos don't tend to win 10 games the first go around. That's just a fact. I don't care if you're talking Saban or Dabo, they didn't just show up and start winning 10+ games in year one. So I'm skeptical, too. Skeptical but hopeful.

Advertisement
Kind of scary to see that Vegas has us at 8.5 wins with juice on the Under. But let's be real: our OL is suspect, we don't have a proven second starting CB, we're breaking in a brand new head coach, and we'll have a new starting QB.

Now, I'll be the first to say whoever starts at QB should be better than Rosier was last year. But new head coach and new starting QB combos don't tend to win 10 games the first go around. That's just a fact. I don't care if you're talking Saban or Dabo, they didn't just show up and start winning 10+ games in year one. So I'm skeptical, too. Skeptical but hopeful.
Some things in our favor that play against that historical data:
- Our new HC was here, in the program, already
- Our former HC/OC was actually holding the offensive talent back
- Our new OC has a clear eye toward conversion and running the ball
- Our schedule is seemingly weak

Some things supporting the historical data:
- Our OC brings in a totally new (thank Goodness) system, so there'll be transition
- Our OL is a collection of question marks
- We lost a highly impactful centerpiece DT to last year's productive defense
- We lost 2 NFL-level Safeties in a defensive system highly reliant on Safety experience and play
- We have two rivalry games and one is in Week 0

Advertisement
Some things in our favor that play against that historical data:
- Our new HC was here, in the program, already
- Our former HC/OC was actually holding the offensive talent back
- Our new OC has a clear eye toward conversion and running the ball
- Our schedule is seemingly weak

Some things supporting the historical data:
- Our OC brings in a totally new (thank Goodness) system, so there'll be transition
- Our OL is a collection of question marks
- We lost a highly impactful centerpiece DT to last year's productive defense
- We lost 2 NFL-level Safeties in a defensive system highly reliant on Safety experience and play
- We have two rivalry games and one is in Week 0
Agreed, and that’s why I can see it going either way. I just don’t see us winning 10 games being a lock as many do.

OL was not horrendous last year unless we were trying to pick up 3rd & 2

Recently Ive come to accept that 3rd & short should be a passing situation for us🤔.....until proven otherwise🤨...I hope this is finally the year it changes 🤗

Call it like I see it.

We have no proven QB
We have an entire new OC, offensive staff and offense scheme.
We have no true OT besides Zion
We lost a an AA at DT.
We lost a very very good secondary

10 wins will be an absolute miracle.
I’m thinking we’ll be closer to 7/8. Just way too many question marks.

Advertisement
Back