2019 Potential Depth Chart (Defense)

Advertisement
Worried about Linebacker depth going forward, we badly need to land some talented dudes (we have some but are very thin) this next cycle.
The future is riding on Brooks & Huff being developed & being that Diaz got Shaq, Pinckney & McCloud ready to play as TF's I believe he'll be able to get Brooks/Huff ready as Red Frosh. Plus with Steed & Jennings I think we have 4 solid/good LB's for next season, unproven obviously but I like the upside.

To me the biggest question is what we'll do at Mike LB, Jennings will have to make the biggest leap being that he'll be a Redshirt Junior next year & ideally you'd like for him to be able to step up as a starter in his 3rd year. But if not, we'd probably hit the Portal for another LB next year.

The 2020 class isn't really crazy deep with Mike backers, there's some good OLB's but none that I could see coming in starting at MLB as a TF. 2021 however has a pure unadulterated monster at MLB that will be able to play day 1, but that's too far down the line to even consider right now lol

The future is riding on Brooks & Huff being developed & being that Diaz got Shaq, Pinckney & McCloud ready to play as TF's I believe he'll be able to get Brooks/Huff ready as Red Frosh. Plus with Steed & Jennings I think we have 4 solid/good LB's for next season, unproven obviously but I like the upside.

To me the biggest question is what we'll do at Mike LB, Jennings will have to make the biggest leap being that he'll be a Redshirt Junior next year & ideally you'd like for him to be able to step up as a starter in his 3rd year. But if not, we'd probably hit the Portal for another LB next year.

The 2020 class isn't really crazy deep with Mike backers, there's some good OLB's but none that I could see coming in starting at MLB as a TF. 2021 however has a pure unadulterated monster at MLB that will be able to play day 1, but that's too far down the line to even consider right now lol
I was hoping that we could get a mike LB this cycle, but unfortunately we didn't. That being said, I agree with you on Jennings, it will all depend on his development as well as joyner since I think he will move back to LB, specifically MLB.

Advertisement
I was hoping that we could get a mike LB this cycle, but unfortunately we didn't. That being said, I agree with you on Jennings, it will all depend on his development as well as joyner since I think he will move back to LB, specifically MLB.
That's the question I keep having, are we developing Joyner into a DE or LB, if he's playing Mike LB that could be a big plus for our LB depth & give Diaz/Baker/Patke a clearer pathway with how they bring in LB's for the next 2 classes.

I’m just happy we finally have enough depth and talent at all the positions to compete with pretty much anyone.
Agreed, we have plenty of depth at every spot on both sides of the ball. The OL is still a huge question mark & we have to hope Coach Barry can get some of our young OL's ready to go, but we got bodies at a lot of spots where we needed it.

It always annoyed the fck outta me when Richt would complain about not having enough depth going into Spring & Fall camp. I can bet you we'll never hear Manny crying about not having enough players to run drills or scout team.

Advertisement
Agreed, we have plenty of depth at every spot on both sides of the ball. The OL is still a huge question mark & we have to hope Coach Barry can get some of our young OL's ready to go, but we got bodies at a lot of spots where we needed it.

It always annoyed the fck outta me when Richt would complain about not having enough depth going into Spring & Fall camp. I can bet you we'll never hear Manny crying about not having enough players to run drills or scout team.
I really believe the problem was CMR’s scheme or lack thereof more than the lack of talent on OL. UM has serious talent recruited by everyone in Scaife, Reed, Big Don, Hillery, Herbert, Brown, etc. I think they were just young overall and lacked experience. This year with real coaching and a playbook not written in stone they will be much better.

With the schedule of offenses we play there is no way possible the defense cant be top 10 just on accident the schedule like last year is so weak especially teams with any offense, this year we faced and avg offense in the 70-80’s range next year it might be worse looking at the schedule we dont face 1 good offense

Advertisement
Good chart but Bethel & Hall are starters.

I don’t see Bolden coming in here taking his spot. He’s not like that.

Nesta gotta show me something more than a bull rush
What you mean he’s not like that?, the second he walks on campus he’s arguably the most talented safety or at least on par with gurvan hall. And who going to start over him Robert knowles? Lol. I like Amari Carter but bolden is much better than him and it makes Miami much more athletic with having bolden and hall back there starting at safety. Top 3 safeties imo will be hall, bolden and Carter. Carter Imo still has things he needs to clean up in his game in all areas so he shouldn’t be guranteed anything. Same thing with bethel, need to see more. He should have been a bit more impactful last year as a junior but maybe he puts it all together this year

Last edited:
This is how a miami depth chart should look!! Always should have at least 8 DT, 8 DEs on roster. Depth everywhere. If I could get anything, id love to get 1 corner from the portal. The corner and guard from Missouri posted in other thread would complete our team.

What you mean he’s not like that?, the second he walks on campus he’s arguably the most talented safety or at least on par with gurvan hall. And who going to start over him Robert knowles? Lol. I like Amari Carter but bolden is much better than him and it makes Miami much more athletic with having bolden and hall back there starting at safety. Top 3 safeties imo will be hall, bolden and Carter. Carter Imo still has things he needs to clean up in his game in all areas so he shouldn’t be guranteed anything. Same thing with bethel, need to see more. He should have been a bit more impactful last year as a junior but maybe he puts it all together this year

I trust my evaluation at DB way more than yours...you should too!

& if you read correctly...it was beteeen Bubba & Gurvan Hall per @Liberty City El depth chart. I was replying based on that & not making up my own stuff & hi jacking his thread like you are right now.

I don’t expect him to start over Hall bc he’s not some all world safety...wasn’t that in high school. Helluva player though but he ain’t Derwin James coming out of high school.

& you don’t know what he’s going to do over Amari either.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I trust my evaluation at DB way more than yours...you should too!

& if you read correctly...it was beteeen Bubba & Gurvan Hall per @Liberty City El depth chart. I was replying based on that & not making up my own stuff & hi jacking his thread like you are right now.

I don’t expect him to start over Hall bc he’s not some all world safety...wasn’t that in high school. Helluva player though but he ain’t Derwin James coming out of high school.

& you don’t know what he’s going to do over Amari either.
I dont Care what you do but you ain’t about to belittle my opinion like that foh lol. And you talking about hi jacking threads? Man stfu, how is that hi jacking if I’m talking about the players on the depth chart at safety :monkey-serious:

And this whole comment was in reference to “he’s not like that” I disagree With that entirely, top 80 overall in the country yet you insinuate he’s not good. There’s good football outside of Florida and Gorman plays a national schedule filled with top teams.

“Not all world” when is the last time Miami had a safety ranked as high as him? Plus you acting like bolden ain’t a gifted db -6’3 200 and runs a 4.57. Hes a better overall safety than carter period especially playing in coverage. You acting as if carter played amazing last season, he didn’t. Took terrible angles and missed tackles when the opportunity presented itself to make them. Anyhow all of this is just projections we finally have depth throughout the roster so it’s not point in having perceived biases over who should start. I like bolden more than carter but if he don’t show it on the field I’d obviously want carter to play over him. Don’t know who will start but the 3 safeties who will play the most will be hall, bolden and carter imo. excited to see who emerges

Last edited:
I think it will be a helluva competition for the Safety spots along w the 2nd corner. I think the 3rd Safety, whoever it is, will play a ton anyway. I personally would like to see Hall and Bolden back there, but Carter has the most experience in this system and is in his 3rd year which is where guys usually make their biggest leap so him starting initially wouldn’t surprise me. I’m the most excited about Hall though and I think he is going to be an absolute dog back there. Regardless, those 3 guys are as talented as any 3 in the country. I just don’t want to see 20 on the fvckin field unless it’s special teams.

Advertisement
Back