2019 Potential Depth Chart (Defense)

This will probably be even more debated than the Offensive Depth Chart I did because so many spots can be moved around.

Whats your going rate fam? This was a nice read. BIG fan of the worries and why we shouldn't be here. 3 years with Manolo, 3 years of worrying about drop off after leaders leave, 3 years of improved defense. Manolo is hungry and I'm sure he'd like to have a top defense in the nation under his belt.

Advertisement
I think it will be a helluva competition for the Safety spots along w the 2nd corner. I think the 3rd Safety, whoever it is, will play a ton anyway. I personally would like to see Hall and Bolden back there, but Carter has the most experience in this system and is in his 3rd year which is where guys usually make their biggest leap so him starting initially wouldn’t surprise me. I’m the most excited about Hall though and I think he is going to be an absolute dog back there. Regardless, those 3 guys are as talented as any 3 in the country. I just don’t want to see 20 on the fvckin field unless it’s special teams.
Agree with this wholeheartedly.

I'm most excited about the CB2/3 competition in Spring & Fall, I really think we'll be upgraded at Corner not having liabilities in the secondary like Dean or Delaney anymore.

Everyone will talk about how inexperienced the CB's are but people seem to be forgetting that Malek Young came in halfway through the 2016 season as a TF and immediately made an impact. That INT he had vs NC St was a crucial one late in the 3rd quarter in the End zone when we were down 10-3, if NC St scores the whole game changes, that turnover prevented a TD & changed the whole momentum of the game. He then finished out the season as a very good starter the rest of the way.

His Sophomore year he was a lockdown Corner, he did a great job shutting down his side of the field & would've had multiple INT's if he just got his head around lol but played great games vs FSU, Va Tech & Notre Dame.

Same with Trajan Bandy, his TF year he made plays including arguably the play of the season in 2017 with the pick 6 vs ND & last year in 2018 played a huge part in us having the #1 ranked pass Defense, with 4INT's & 14PD's.

Point being, between Ivey, Blades, Frierson & Bethel we have 4 Corners with a year of experience in the system & have very good upside to be more than capable to pair up with Bandy. I think our Secondary will be even more athletic than last year & what they lack in experience they'll make up for with big play ability.

I'm most excited about the CB2/3 competition in Spring & Fall, I really think we'll be upgraded at Corner not having liabilities in the secondary like Dean or Delaney anymore.

Everyone will talk about how inexperienced the CB's are but people seem to be forgetting that Malek Young came in halfway through the 2016 season as a TF and immediately made an impact. That INT he had vs NC St was a crucial one late in the 3rd quarter in the End zone when we were down 10-3, if NC St scores the whole game changes, that turnover prevented a TD & changed the whole momentum of the game. He then finished out the season as a very good starter the rest of the way.

His Sophomore year he was a lockdown Corner, he did a great job shutting down his side of the field & would've had multiple INT's if he just got his head around lol but played great games vs FSU, Va Tech & Notre Dame.

Same with Trajan Bandy, his TF year he made plays including arguably the play of the season in 2017 with the pick 6 vs ND & last year in 2018 played a huge part in us having the #1 ranked pass Defense, with 4INT's & 14PD's.

Point being, between Ivey, Blades, Frierson & Bethel we have 4 Corners with a year of experience in the system & have very good upside to be more than capable to pair up with Bandy. I think our Secondary will be even more athletic than last year & what they lack in experience they'll make up for with big play ability.
Facts

Agree. I've actually been preaching that for a while as well that I think our secondary will be fine for the reasons you stated. The people that disagree don't think our pass rush will be as good so the secondary will therefore be affected (negatively) by it. I disagree with that as well, lol. I guess we'll see. But physically this is the most talented we have been at CB and S in quite some time, and Rumph/Banda have not given me a reason to doubt them so I am not going to start now. Maybe if we had a bunch of Ryan Mayes' and Kacy Rodgers' running around back there but we don't.

I dont Care what you do but you ain’t about to belittle my opinion like that foh lol. And you talking about hi jacking threads? Man stfu, how is that hi jacking if I’m talking about the players on the depth chart at safety :monkey-serious:

And this whole comment was in reference to “he’s not like that” I disagree With that entirely, top 80 overall in the country yet you insinuate he’s not good. There’s good football outside of Florida and Gorman plays a national schedule filled with top teams.

“Not all world” when is the last time Miami had a safety ranked as high as him? Plus you acting like bolden ain’t a gifted db -6’3 200 and runs a 4.57. Hes a better overall safety than carter period especially playing in coverage. You acting as if carter played amazing last season, he didn’t. Took terrible angles and missed tackles when the opportunity presented itself to make them. Anyhow all of this is just projections we finally have depth throughout the roster so it’s not point in having perceived biases over who should start. I like bolden more than carter but if he don’t show it on the field I’d obviously want carter to play over him. Don’t know who will start but the 3 safeties who will play the most will be hall, bolden and carter imo. excited to see who emerges

View attachment 79937

Yeah I am & I did. I’ll do it again too. Lol

Fact is...you don’t HAVE A CLUE!!!! You’re basing his ability to start here based on his high school star ranking & Sparq scores?? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 that’s clown Ish & you’ve NEVER watched him play live...you’ve never seen him in person...I HAVE. Never in your life have you seen him play.

You ****ting on Carter for a kid you’ve never seen play...he & Carter will have the same coaching now. The same coaching that hasn’t brought out all the potential in Carter & continues to play Robert knowles. You didn’t even compute that.

& yeah you hi jacked the thread bc this ain’t your post to argue Carter vs Bolden. We are debating Bolden vs Hall.

You like Bolden more than Carter based on nothing but high school recruiting rankings. Those rankings is the foundation of your analysis.

Bubba bolden has a lot of Taylor Mays in his game. That doesn’t impress me like it does you.

Kick rocks or take notes.

May the best man win but dismissing someone bc he’s a 4 star recruit that you salivate over is craziness

Last edited:
Advertisement
Have to agree, but with that being said I Have full confidence in rumphs coaching and developing his guys, he knows what he’s doing and has 3 years of experience at this level of doing so. Now he has even more talented players as his pieces in his secondary? Sign me up, can’t wait to watch it unfold

I know Rumph gets a ton of chit for his crootin', but he's a **** of a DB Coach. Glad to have him RN.

Good stuff bruh

I respect your opinion a lot Lu. I think we'll use Amari the way we did in 2017 as an in Box Zone Safety that brings pressure as a Blitzer on 3rd down.

I admit I'm probably the biggest fan of Amari on the board so that clouds my opinion lol I just don't think he'll be immediately sent to the bench coming into his 3 year in the system. The staff values experience & I think his intelligence & experience will give him the edge. He will improve this season, just like Redwine & Rome Finley did in their Junior year's as well, I'm betting on that.

As I already stated, no one has to convince me how good Gurvan Hall is & I'm not arguing he won't play at all, I see him playing a similar role to what Jaquan did on the 2016 Defense as the 3rd Safety behind Jenkins/Jamal Carter.

Finley's been a great surprise. Kid from my area. Glad to see him emerge last year at that spot.

Fact is...you don’t HAVE A CLUE!!!! You’re basing his ability to start here based on his high school star ranking & Sparq scores?? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 that’s clown Ish & you’ve NEVER watched him play live...you’ve never seen him in person...I HAVE. Never in your life have you seen him play.

You ****ting on Carter for a kid you’ve never seen play...he & Carter will have the same coaching now. The same coaching that hasn’t brought out all the potential in Carter & continues to play Robert knowles. You didn’t even compute that.

& yeah you hi jacked the thread bc this ain’t your post to argue Carter vs Bolden. We are debating Bolden vs Hall.

You like Bolden more than Carter based on nothing but high school recruiting rankings. Those rankings is the foundation of your analysis.

Bubba bolden has a lot of Taylor Mays in his game. That doesn’t impress me like it does you.

Taylor May's is alright so I dont know what ur trying to get at. I'm pretty sure he is basing his statement on what Bolden was suppose to do at USC before getting in trouble, which was to start.

Advertisement
I didn't know taylor Mays was a high 4 star, jk hes not so to that statemant was stupid.

Meaning he plays somewhat stiff...next time ask idiot.

I'm pretty sure he is basing his statement on what Bolden was suppose to do at USC before getting in trouble, which was to start.

If he’s basing it off that then that makes him as stupid as you.

Like what kind of gibberish are you dudes even uttering???

Go away

I was at that game and you are absolutely right about it changing the dynamic. We were sleepwalking against a pretty good team, and then just kinda put it in gear and ground them down after that.

May the best man win but dismissing someone bc he’s a 4 star recruit that you salivate over is craziness

Lol you got your opinions and I got mine. We will see either way this year. As you said May the best man win the job

Advertisement
If he’s basing it off that then that makes him as stupid as you.

Like what kind of gibberish are you dudes even uttering???

Go away
No stupid it just shows u don't use context to make a decision, just ur opinion. U have a highly coveted safety who was guaranteed to start at another d1 college program, and is very athletic, but didn't becuase he got in trouble. Then you have carter. If you think that carter is just show much better and Bolden is just another average player then obviously ur not good at projecting players and are just as stupid as the rest of ur comment.

No stupid it just shows u don't use context to make a decision, just ur opinion.

Context of what exactly? Can you even read? What about comprehend? You are CLUELESS...clout chasing ***.

U have a highly coveted safety who was guaranteed to start at another d1 college program, and is very athletic, but didn't becuase he got in trouble.

Guaranteed to start at USC means what at Miami exactly? You are CLUELESS

Then you have carter. If you think that carter is just show much better and Bolden is just another average player then obviously ur not good at projecting players and are just as stupid as the rest of ur comment.

You've never even seen Bolden play...you are a star ***** who not only cannot use context but basis college level competition on high school rankings. STFU

Let the comp play itself out.

We know Hall is better than Knowles...yet who played more?

Advertisement
Context of what exactly? Can you even read? What about comprehend? You are CLUELESS...clout chasing ***.

Guaranteed to start at USC means what at Miami exactly? You are CLUELESS

You've never even seen Bolden play...you are a star ***** who not only cannot use context but basis college level competition on high school rankings. STFU

Let the comp play itself out.

We know Hall is better than Knowles...yet who played more?
Definitely not a starwhere, I just know how to evaluate and typing things in all caps doesn't help ur point, just shows that u don't know anything. Talking without even having reasons behind ur claim. Again obviously u can't comprehend, a sophmore who was guaranteed to start at USC means a lot, bc he obviously has the tools and talent to start at a d1 program. Obviously u was to slow to get that, but cool.

Definitely not a starwhere, I just know how to evaluate and typing things in all caps doesn't help ur point, just shows that u don't know anything. Talking without even having reasons behind ur claim. Again obviously u can't comprehend, a sophmore who was guaranteed to start at USC means a lot, bc he obviously has the tools and talent to start at a d1 program. Obviously u was to slow to get that, but cool.

You haven’t evaluated ****..who pays you to evaluate? No one does.

Go put your red nose on man. Leave me alone bc I am out of your league.

@Liberty City El Who would you give the nod to as the corner to come in when bandy goes into the slot in nickel packages Ivey or Gilbert? Personally think its Ivey and gilbert on the outside with Bandy on the inside but going off with what you put out.

You haven’t evaluated ****..who pays you to evaluate? No one does.

Go put your red nose on man. Leave me alone bc I am out of your league.
I didn't know you had to get payed to evaluate. There u go again making dumbass statements :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

Advertisement
Back