2019 OL Michael Tarquin commits!

This is the type of whiny **** people are talking about.

Who cares? There was basically zero difference between us at #8 (#6 on Rivals) and the #5 team. If you care so much that you feel you just have to correct the OP, it's pathetic.

Anyways, welcome Tarquin! Got to stack talent like him and Neal on the OL
Well, I'm right and you're wrong, so take your sanctimonious bull**** somewhere else. I don't care if it was close to others. It was behind them.

I'm not complaining about our class, which was the OP's point. There is some point at which one class is not as good as another's. Add up all the points and you get a ranking. We were 8 in that ranking. But feel free to cry about the truth.

Advertisement
Kid is only 16 right now and an EE. He will explode in the S&C program! Gonna be a monster after taking a redshirt, he should compete immediately in year 2 as an 18yo

Didnt realize he was that young even better. Need some of these old heads like George Brown to step up so it allows him to take a shirt. I'm in the mind that unless an ol is elite..let him get a shirt. Check the best ol groups at the end of the year they are loaded with 5th year seniors or true seniors with 2 kids a family.

How does this have 11 downvotes? Stop being homers. It was not top 5 on any site. Jesus

I (sort of) agree. I think it was an excellent class. But the so-called "experts" ranked it in the 6-8 range. So it's not really accurate to say top 5 class. That said, who gives a ****. You don't get a trophy for having a top 1,5, or 10 ranked recruiting class.

Recruiting rankings is a very inexact science. The recruiting gurus don't know nearly as much as the coaches do. How in the **** was Rousseau a 3 star? The same the year before with Garvin. Anyone who saw Garvin play in H.S. knew he was a stud. But the experts somehow missed it. Year in and year out there are kids like this. There are just too many H.S. players across the country for the recruiting services to truly evaluate everyone.

If we have a top 10 ranked class every year AND we do good evaluations, we should be in BCS playoff contention regularly. Our greatest teams typically had top 10-, but not top 5- ranked recruiting class. The 2001 team which is considered the great college team ever was not made up of top 5 classes.

Advertisement
Fawk, this is huge. Oline recruiting is definitely on da upswing. Richt from da SEC, he know da tREncHeS and FoXholES is where dis game is won.

I like this kid's film. Bullying is wrong. Except on the football field where the goal is to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women.

I like that he's bullying with clean footwork and sound technique. He makes a successful block and finishes it. You can tell he's well-coached by his stance and fundamentals. If he's indeed only 16 then that's even more impressive and he may have more athletic upside than I initially thought.

Gaynor had extensive "bully highlights" but I never thought it would translate because he was constantly grabbing smaller guys outside of his frame with his feet lagging, and he had no pass game highlights. I don't have that concern with Tarquin.

I just started watching The Wire. I've been on a super binge. I'm on season 3 now. It's awesome.
Just started.... smdh.. and after you finish watching that go watch The Corner.. I grew up 4 blocks from there.. Classic shows right there...

Advertisement
Just started.... smdh.. and after you finish watching that go watch The Corner.. I grew up 4 blocks from there.. Classic shows right there...
Been meaning to watch it for years. Finally got around to it. I don’t watch a lot of tv. It’s great dude.

I (sort of) agree. I think it was an excellent class. But the so-called "experts" ranked it in the 6-8 range. So it's not really accurate to say top 5 class. That said, who gives a ****. You don't get a trophy for having a top 1,5, or 10 ranked recruiting class.

Recruiting rankings is a very inexact science. The recruiting gurus don't know nearly as much as the coaches do. How in the **** was Rousseau a 3 star? The same the year before with Garvin. Anyone who saw Garvin play in H.S. knew he was a stud. But the experts somehow missed it. Year in and year out there are kids like this. There are just too many H.S. players across the country for the recruiting services to truly evaluate everyone.

If we have a top 10 ranked class every year AND we do good evaluations, we should be in BCS playoff contention regularly. Our greatest teams typically had top 10-, but not top 5- ranked recruiting class. The 2001 team which is considered the great college team ever was not made up of top 5 classes.
Alabama has several trophies to compliment their several number 1 classes. Call it coaching, call it bias. Call it whatever makes you feel better like some of our fan base that thinks there is some anti Miami bias.

the root of the matter, which has nothing to do with the commit that i am stoked for by the way, is that we had a top 5 recruiting class nowhere else but our own minds. the OP that I quoted was making **** up, which is OK because this is a fan site, but is still making **** up, and it really shouldn't be a problem for fake facts to be called out.

If Rousseau is as good as we think he will be. It was a top 5 class easy. They had him as a 3 Star. He might actually be a 5star player for us.
Thats not really how it works though. This is a pretty straight forward metric. Look at the website, what does it say. It may turn out to be wrong down the road, but that doesn't change what it says today and how it is interpreted. Are we numbers 1-5 on espn, 247, or rivals? No? then we didn't have a top 5 class. That doesn't mean they aren't excellent recruits that may one day win a title, but they are not a top 5 class, by any metric that is applicable beside our own fanbase opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Can somyou one please convince me that Brevin Jordan isn’t a 5 star while trying to convince me that gurvan Hall wasn’t a top 5 safety in the country. I don’t know if that would crack this fascination for a top 5 class. Yes by any metric we weren’t a top 5 clas but no way we weren’t given the players we got. As far as the Miami bias there’s is evidence for both.
But too many kids in last years class dropped a lot spots. Hightower’s drop was huge. Hall dropped even before he was hurt.
I still recall Jeudy getting a huge bump and 5th star after committing to Satan in 17’s class. Everyone who watched 15 seconds of his film new he was a 5 star.
Nesta got a huge bump and Ivey picked up a 4th star.

Alabama has several trophies to compliment their several number 1 classes. Call it coaching, call it bias. Call it whatever makes you feel better like some of our fan base that thinks there is some anti Miami bias.

the root of the matter, which has nothing to do with the commit that i am stoked for by the way, is that we had a top 5 recruiting class nowhere else but our own minds. the OP that I quoted was making **** up, which is OK because this is a fan site, but is still making **** up, and it really shouldn't be a problem for fake facts to be called out.

Thats not really how it works though. This is a pretty straight forward metric. Look at the website, what does it say. It may turn out to be wrong down the road, but that doesn't change what it says today and how it is interpreted. Are we numbers 1-5 on espn, 247, or rivals? No? then we didn't have a top 5 class. That doesn't mean they aren't excellent recruits that may one day win a title, but they are not a top 5 class, by any metric that is applicable beside our own fanbase opinion.

I don’t really care how it works. There’s a lot of bullsht that shape the rankings that have nothing to do with a players talent. Like there can only be so many 5stars in a particular state. What if one state actually has 10 five star kids one year? They won’t rank them that way. One or two kids being 4 and not 5 stars could take you from 10th to 4th or higher. See how that works. We truly won’t know who had the top 5 recruiting classes in 2018 until 4 years from now. It’s like the top 25 preseason poll that only half the teams in it end up in last top 25 poll. Look at last years preseason poll for a good laugh.

Advertisement
Miami had 5 legit 5 stars in the class this year
Lingard, pope, Jordan and Silvera. Ratings be damned.... had any of the kids committed to bama they would have been rated as such

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article209522204.html

Michael Tarquin 6'-5" 290lbs 4* OT. An not a moment too soon. Keep em coming CMR!!

Too bad he isn't here already. We could use him

4820b5b5ed1c76d113f93594d1565883a1442e658c0ed5d690c241f2ad18da2e.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back