2019 Freshman 15: June Edition

Not for every prospect but for some it’s definitely involved

****, but dude was the top ranked corner coming out...offers from every single school to include the Gaytor$ and Bama, yet he chose us. Some folks been saying that TS is all Cane...transferred to the Ridge and it was all but locked up with the Cooney clan running point...now all this UGA bag talk...

Advertisement
****, but dude was the top ranked corner coming out...offers from every single school to include the Gaytor$ and Bama, yet he chose us. Some folks been saying that TS is all Cane...transferred to the Ridge and it was all but locked up with the Cooney clan running point...now all this UGA bag talk...
I feel we are definitely in it more with Stevenson but hey who knows

Say if we do miss on dunmore at receiver, would anyone be against offering kalani Norris? He’s a stud and makes plays against any db he plays against
I'll bite. That's a good question. I love Dunmore but if we cannot land him, Norris is a very intriguing prospect. I agree with your assessment of Norris. He just makes plays and is quite productive no matter who he is going against. A WR class of Payton and Norris would be fine by me but don't forget that Mark Richards could decide that he wants to play WR in which case the spot is his.

The news about T.S is exactly why I said I was weary about his recruitment. I can care less of how much he comes on campus. TC going to UGA got me jaded about these guys.
I don’t get why. TC never really gave signs of coming here. He got a bunch of crystal balls in our favor outta no where and we all got our panties in a bunch.

Advertisement
We should have never let him go, made him co-OC or Associate Coach. He was an asset and we're paying the price now. Probably get downvoted to ****, but clear as day to me. He's one of the Top 3 recruiters in the country right now.
Lol if a coach ever sun tweeted me talking bout some join the shadow realm Imma make sure that’s he last school I gonto

Kirby & Mel are taking credit for Nick's ability to coach DB's and getting them into NFL. Kids will soon find out who is real. I would point out that their DB got smoked in NC game on 2nd and like 30 for game winning td. Don't think plays like that get you drafted

Based on this logic, we must have dropped a chit load of bags for Tracy Howard who was the #1 ranked CB in his class. He was a signing day surprise and had $EC written all over him...so either we got some bag men doing work around these parts, OR it's not all bags and fairies like some of you guys think...

For every Tracy Howard there are 10 Tyson Campbell’s and Patrick Surtain’s

Stefan is literally reporting that he’s going to make a business decision and that the more he thinks about it that way, the further he gets pulled from his personal ties at UM

Take the hint, he’s trying to put us down softly. Kid is not coming here

Based on this logic, we must have dropped a chit load of bags for Tracy Howard who was the #1 ranked CB in his class. He was a signing day surprise and had $EC written all over him...so either we got some bag men doing work around these parts, OR it's not all bags and fairies like some of you guys think...

Tracey Howard was overrated af

Advertisement

Stefan is literally reporting that he’s going to make a business decision and that the more he thinks about it that way, the further he gets pulled from his personal ties at UM

I get the hidden gems in Stefan's statements, but why would picking UGA be a business decision? It would have to come down to depth chart and departing players in the secondary, not just bags. Say the kid gets $60k to go to a school with an absolutely loaded secondary. Dude is likely not going to start or play much for the first couple of years, then he needs to compete with other studs. Our secondary would be ideal. We have some young studs and also several seniors that will be departing after the season. Mix that in with a couple of guys that have no business playing a down at UM, and you have an ideal depth chart situation to roll into. Business decisions should be about maximizing PT and getting to the league...not a mere $60k that will likely not even last him through his college career.

Then he's looking at his "business decision" incorrectly...Playing for Mel dogshytTucker and a Saban-less Smart, ain't no lock, or at least no advantage over UM.

Agree, but coming out of HS nobody knew that and dude was the #1 CB coming out.

I actually was kidding guys off on caneinsider cslling him overrated as ****. He was really well coached kid with good technique. Which is enough in hs, but he was an average athlete for a cb. I was on the Machenzie train.

Advertisement
Then he's looking at his "business decision" incorrectly...Playing for Mel dogshytTucker and a Saban-less Smart, ain't no lock, or at least no advantage over UM.
And I completely agree, but the hype of making it to the national championship and bags worth over $100K can cloud judgments

I get the hidden gems in Stefan's statements, but why would picking UGA be a business decision? It would have to come down to depth chart and departing players in the secondary, not just bags. Say the kid gets $60k to go to a school with an absolutely loaded secondary. Dude is likely not going to start or play much for the first couple of years, then he needs to compete with other studs. Our secondary would be ideal. We have some young studs and also several seniors that will be departing after the season. Mix that in with a couple of guys that have no business playing a down at UM, and you have an ideal depth chart situation to roll into. Business decisions should be about maximizing PT and getting to the league...not a mere $60k that will likely not even last him through his college career.
A kid of his caliber isn’t getting just $60k. Serious bags will be dropped for his services

I’m not saying his business decision is a good one, but it’s the one he will most likely make

Advertisement
"Kid probably don't even care about half of those things. You think these kids have seen either Miami or UGA win a championship? All they know is one is playing at the level to win one soon and the other can't even score a TD against a elite team."
Whether he cares about them or not, those facts are the facts and if he says "business decision" that decision has to constitute something. I stated a dozen or so somethings it could constitute. Either its strictly a football decision or its a business decision for other reasons. If there are other non-football decision reasons, beyond academics, alumni network, nfl placement, historical success, location, coaching comparison and "bags" I'd like to know them. They might exist and I welcome the new info. And lets not act like UGA didn't barely beat a ND team we smashed & lose to an Auburn team that lost to UCF on a neutral field. They had ups and downs last year like Miami did. Miami, due to injuries and Malik, had more late. Neither team ended the season with ****. So that's a wash whether you wanna give them moral victories or not.

"Richt is the better UGA coach only because he been there 15 years to Kirby 3 years. Based on what we're seeing in recruiting and on the field already he'll probably surpass Richt's 15 years in the mind of UGA in about 6 years based on his trajectory (as a football coach)."
There's a reason Richt was HC at that same school for 15 years. He was pretty good there too. And what we're 'seeing in recruiting' is Richt, without the va$t array of re$ource$ that UGA ha$ at their di$po$al, field Top 10 recruiting classes every year just like Kirby's doing, even beating him for kids like Frierson who could play almost anywhere. And trajectory smhasmhectory. That assumption nonsense ain't gonna cut it. When your argument is, "Based on what it SEEMS like in the last 2 years of HCing from Smart, it's safe to assume he'll surpass the guy who has successfully been a head coach for the last 18, in the next 6 years" I'm gonna assume you're just arguing for arguing's sake.

"In the last 10 years (including this year) UGA has 45 Draft picks (8 in the 1st round) Miami has 47 draft picks (4 in the first round) so.."
1) Who was UGA's head coach for 80% of those last 10 years? Exactly. Miami's current head coach. Making my argument for me.
2) By your numbers, Miami has more draft picks than UGA, even during what would be considered some down years. Anybody making a business decision would look at that and say, "I could go to the school that has had more guys drafted and is coached by the guy who got most of the guys for the other school drafted? So you mean to tell me, whether its' Richt's coaching, or just being at Miami, I've got a TREMENDOUS chance to get drafted? Sign me up." Making. My. Argument. For Me.

But you got it fam. I've already done more than enough typing on the subject. If my first post wasn't enough for you to see the light, and this post isn't enough for you to see the light, any more would be a waste of my time.

Have a good one. Wakanda Forever.

TLDR

Kirby DBs were toasted against Oklahoma. What happened in national championship game in overtime? Business decision means family support, which is an annual recruiting method.

Advertisement
Back