2019 Fletcher WR Jeremiah Payton talks Canes

Advertisement
Keep up the good work.

I will be dropping a Plug Talk soon about what I've been hearing about Miami invading Central Florida, It will have something about Miami's newest DT commit Jordan Miller. Not much info about the 18 class because it's so late in the 18 cycle. A lot of 19 info though

Originally unlimited football scholarships, then 105, then 95, as you mentioned, now 85.

This isn’t the same as back in the 90’s and earlier when they had 95 ship limits and most of the freshmen class got redshirted. Those days are over. True freshmen will continue to have chances to contribute. That’s not gonna change for UM any time soon.

I don't really care for all the talk about dudes being able to get early playing time as a selling point. Because it just wont hold true for the 2019 class and beyond. We're bringing in so much talent now, and we are finally going to be back to close to max scholarships that the only freshman that will be making big impacts will be sure fire studs.

We're loading up. So I hope these dudes are looking at Miami as more than just a place they can get early PT, because that not going to be the reality much longer....I mean obviously they havethe opportunity to win the job. Best man wins.

If he's better as a true freshman than all but three or four WRs older than him he's gonna play. It's not that we're handing out PT to the highest rated true freshmen, it's that they have the opportunity to play early if they're good enough. That's all they want. They see the willingness to play true freshmen so they see an opportunity to make an early impact. No kid wants to hear, "we have eight upperclassmen in front of you so you're going to have to sit for a year."

Advertisement
I don't really care for all the talk about dudes being able to get early playing time as a selling point. Because it just wont hold true for the 2019 class and beyond. We're bringing in so much talent now, and we are finally going to be back to close to max scholarships that the only freshman that will be making big impacts will be sure fire studs.

We're loading up. So I hope these dudes are looking at Miami as more than just a place they can get early PT, because that not going to be the reality much longer....I mean obviously they havethe opportunity to win the job. Best man wins.

BS. Players get injured, get in trouble, go Pro, or just plain disappoint. If a kid is ready to play as a FR, you put him on the field -- no sorry feelings to the older guy. Players of Payton's talent usually feel they can compete with anyone and they will strive to get on the field ASAP.

BTW, remember our embarrassment of riches in the '16 WR class. We got the best WRs in each of Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach (which is saying a lot). We thought that group would be terrorizing secondaries for 3-4 years. Well two of those three were gone in a years time. And the one that's still here was injured most of the last season.

You bring in studs and let them compete.

Last edited:
Erick, I’m being completely sincere with this, if you’re going to continue writing you need to get grammarly. You will avoid roughly 99.9999% of possible mistakes you have (which you have started cleaning up).

Bruh, even Pete made his share of mistakes. Ya'll are harder on Erick by a mile for no reason, especially when everyone can tell he's been getting better at it.

Erick, I’m being completely sincere with this, if you’re going to continue writing you need to get grammarly. You will avoid roughly 99.9999% of possible mistakes you have (which you have started cleaning up).

Bruh, even Pete made his share of mistakes. Ya'll are harder on Erick by a mile for no reason, especially when everyone can tell he's been getting better at it.

..but Pete wasn’t a closet gator and didn’t tweet out congrats to recruits who were committed to us for a long period of time only to **** us at the last minute and sign with another school

Advertisement
“What’s shocking a lot of people is that they’re playing a lot of young guys,” Payton said “They’re getting the work done with young guys and honestly that what guys like myself look at. We want to play as freshman and there’s really no other schools right now playing more young guys then Miami.”

Than** ... UF English teachers suck!!! Get your money back Erick

BS. Players get injured, get in trouble, go Pro, or just plain disappoint. If a kid is ready to play as a FR, you put him on the field -- no sorry feelings to the older guy. Players of Payton's talent usually feel they can compete with anyone and they will strive to get on the field ASAP.

BTW, remember our embarrassment of riches in the '16 WR class. We got the best WRs in each of Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach (which is saying a lot). We thought that group would be terrorizing secondaries for 3-4 years. Well two of those three were gone in a years time. And the one that's still here was injured most of the last season.

You bring in studs and let them compete.

yall have poor reading comprehension.

"Obviously they have the opportunity to win the job. best man wins. " Was literally the very last thing I wrote.

I'm saying the easy early PT factor is GONE.. like everybody in our 2016 class had to make an impact for us. Thats not going to happen in the future. The only guys that will be getting heavy PT as freshman are going to be the dudes that absolutely earn it. However, One guarantee is the amount of PT we give to freshman will be declining. That is a pretty simple observation when the overall talent level and depth drastically increases.

not saying Freshman wont play, im saying itll be much harder for them to. And if the only reason they are looking to come here is for the early PT, they won't be interested in us for too long. Im not even specifically talking about this kid or how his recruitment will go.

Advertisement

Leave the kid alone. At least I am getting some information instead of the childish and immature ****ing match that has infiltrated this site over the last few months. This site is going downhill and this young kid is at least bringing info instead more BS to this board.

Last edited:
Erick, don't wurry about speling or gammur.

You git the info out - we'll take it, and be grateful four it.

Advertisement
Nobody gives a **** about grammar, young Marrero start dropping info & podcasts y’all will start kissing his ***. Not like y’all paying for this information from this site or anything.

Leave the kid alone. At least I am getting some information instead of the childish and immature ****ing match that has infiltrated this site over the last few months. This site is going downhill and this young kid is at least bringing info instead more BS to this board.

You guys are ridiculous — I’m giving the kid legitimate advice. If his goal is to write, and wants to be taken seriously professionally, grammar/spelling is a pretty important. Go back in the corner while I actually help get people off his *** instead of you two crying about actual advice.

You guys are ridiculous — I’m giving the kid legitimate advice. If his goal is to write, and wants to be taken seriously professionally, grammar/spelling is a pretty important. Go back in the corner while I actually help get people off his *** instead of you two crying about actual advice.

Send him a PM. Quit derailing the thread.

Advertisement
Back