2019 Fletcher WR Jeremiah Payton talks Canes

View as article

ErickMarreroU

Staff Writer
Premium
Kissimmee, FL: The 2019 class was well represented at Pylon’s second tournament of the year held in Orlando this past weekend with guys like Frank Ladson Jr, Tyrique Stevenson, and others, but the one player who made the most noise was 2019 Fletcher HS WR Jeremiah Payton

“I’m a dog,” Payton said “I don’t really like to talk a lot on the field because I just let my play speak for itself. There’s a lot of great competition out here this week and I’m looking to make the most of my opportunity.

Payton wasted no time on Saturday and Sunday to impress people as he was named 247 Alpha Dog on day 1 of the tournament. Payton’s play on the field quickly translates to off the field where he has a number of top programs across the country that are making him feel like a priority.

“I have a lot of schools recruiting me pretty hard right now.” Payton said “Alabama, Florida, Ohio St, Louisville, South Carolina, but the one school recruiting me the hardest is Miami.”

Payton who grew up rooting for the local Florida Gators like many kids in the Orlando/Jacksonville area has seen a shift in recruiting in the area the last couple years due to the resurgence of Miami Hurricanes

“I think Miami is really hot right now,” Payton said “The type of energy that they’re bringing to the game is amazing. Not all teams can bring that type of swagger and intensity to, so it’s really just the Miami vibe.”

A shift in recruiting has occurred in the Central Florida area, an area that is traditionally dominated by Florida and Florida State has become Miami’s territory with Miami already having four commits Central Florida in 2019, Payton explains why this shift is happening.

“What’s shocking a lot of people is that they’re playing a lot of young guys,” Payton said “They’re getting the work done with young guys and honestly that what guys like myself look at. We want to play as freshman and there’s really no other schools right now playing more young guys then Miami.”

Miami has visited Payton at Fletcher HS multiple times during the last two months, Mark Richt and Todd Hartley were in attendance at his high school basketball game to watch the star athlete play. When I asked Payton which coach is recruiting him the hardest, I was not surprised at all.

[TWEET]957441373271154688[/TWEET]

Payton was scheduled to visit Miami a few weeks back, but due to his school's basketball game, he was unable to be in attendance. While that might discourage some fans, Payton told me he quickly rescheduled his visit.

“Yeah I couldn’t make it because I had a basketball game,” Payton said, “I’m going to be visiting Miami very soon.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kissimmee, FL: The 2019 class was well represented at Pylon’s second tournament of the year held in Orlando this past weekend with guys like Frank Ladson Jr, Tyrique Stevenson, and others, but the one player who made the most noise was 2019 Fletcher HS WR Jeremiah Payton

“I’m a dog,” Payton said “I don’t really like to talk a lot on the field because I just let my play speak for itself. There’s a lot of great competition out his this week and I’m looking to make the most of my opportunity.

Payton wasted no time on Saturday and Sunday to impress people as he was named 247 Alpha Dog on day 1 of the tournament. Payton’s play on the field quickly translates to off the field where he has a number of top programs across the country that are making him feel like a priority.

“I have a lot of schools recruiting me pretty hard right now.” Payton said “Alabama, Florida, Ohio St, Louisville, South Carolina, but the one school recruiting me the hardest is Miami.”

Payton who grew up rooting for the local Florida Gators like many kids in the Orlando/Jacksonville area has seen a shift in recruiting in the area the last couple years due to the resurgence of Miami Hurricanes

“I think Miami is really hot right now,” Payton said “The type of energy that they’re bringing to the game is amazing. Not all teams can bring that type of swagger and intensity to, so it’s really just the Miami vibe.”

A shift in recruiting has occurred in the Central Florida area, an area that is traditionally dominated by Florida and Florida State has become Miami’s territory with Miami already having four commits Central Florida in 2019, Payton explains why this shift is happening.

“What’s shocking a lot of people is that they’re playing a lot of young guys,” Payton said “They’re getting the work done with young guys and honestly that what guys like myself look at. We want to play as freshman and there’s really no other school right playing more young guys then Miami.”

Miami has visited Payton at Fletcher HS multiple times during the last two months, Mark Richt and Todd Hartley were in attendance at his high school basketball game to watch the star athlete play. When I asked Payton which coach is recruiting him the hardest, I was not surprised at all.

Payton was scheduled to visit Miami a few weeks back, but due to his school's basketball game, he was unable to be in attendance. While that might discourage some fans, Payton told me he quickly reschedule his visit.

“Yeah I couldn’t make it because I had a basketball game,” Payton said, “I’m going to be visiting Miami very soon.”

rescheduled.

Advertisement
I will be dropping a Plug Talk soon about what I've been hearing about Miami invading Central Florida, It will have something about Miami's newest DT commit Jordan Miller. Not much info about the 18 class because it's so late in the 18 cycle. A lot of 19 info though

“I’m a dog,” Payton said “I don’t really like to talk a lot on the field because I just let my play speak for itself. There’s a lot of great competition out here this week and I’m looking to make the most of my opportunity.

“What’s shocking a lot of people is that they’re playing a lot of young guys,” Payton said “They’re getting the work done with young guys and honestly that what guys like myself look at. We want to play as freshman and there’s really no other school right playing more young guys then Miami.”

Payton was scheduled to visit Miami a few weeks back, but due to his school's basketball game, he was unable to be in attendance. While that might discourage some fans, Payton told me he quickly rescheduled his visit.

Fix

Advertisement
‘19 might be a better class than ‘18. Show out on the field, beat FSU again and a mediocre uf season and this class will compliment ‘18 and we’ll be back to competing in the top 5. We are poised for another run.

Erick, I’m being completely sincere with this, if you’re going to continue writing you need to get grammarly. You will avoid roughly 99.9999% of possible mistakes you have (which you have started cleaning up).

Erick, I’m being completely sincere with this, if you’re going to continue writing you need to get grammarly. You will avoid roughly 99.9999% of possible mistakes you have (which you have started cleaning up).

Grammer is for the week.

Hopefully all those Qb recruits out there are taking notice of the stud skill position players were bringing in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
h5jW4Dv.jpg

Whats up with everyone piling on the grammar ****? He gets it. He has to use spell check before he submits. Dont beat a **** dead horse. And how about looking at the content instead of making sure words are spelled right? I was so into the article I didnt even notice he had grammar issues. You guys are a trip.

Advertisement
Whats up with everyone piling on the grammar ****? He gets it. He has to use spell check before he submits. Dont beat a **** dead horse. And how about looking at the content instead of making sure words are spelled right? I was so into the article I didnt even notice he had grammar issues. You guys are a trip.

board is full of emotional little boys. if erick had never tweeted a congrats to a recruit that choose another team, they wouldn't pretend to care so much about his spelling errors. now they all are news room editors.

‘19 might be a better class than ‘18. Show out on the field, beat FSU again and a mediocre uf season and this class will compliment ‘18 and we’ll be back to competing in the top 5. We are poised for another run.

I feel like we've been doing this to ourselves for years, however, depending on how we close on NSD this could be the case.

Beating LSU is paramount this year.

I don't really care for all the talk about dudes being able to get early playing time as a selling point. Because it just wont hold true for the 2019 class and beyond. We're bringing in so much talent now, and we are finally going to be back to close to max scholarships that the only freshman that will be making big impacts will be sure fire studs.

We're loading up. So I hope these dudes are looking at Miami as more than just a place they can get early PT, because that not going to be the reality much longer....I mean obviously they havethe opportunity to win the job. Best man wins.

This isn’t the same as back in the 90’s and earlier when they had 95 ship limits and most of the freshmen class got redshirted. Those days are over. True freshmen will continue to have chances to contribute. That’s not gonna change for UM any time soon.

Advertisement
Back