2019 CB Marcus Banks hits portal

SIze and testing numbers are relatively close.

Clarke will be a good player - hard to make an assessment of his first real playing time while being coached by a guy that's not ready to be a position coach at this level - love DVD but his tutelage led a few guys to regress and wasted a year for some others. We didn't see anyone make a jump.
Completely fair and aligned with everything we've heard on DVD; definitely not giving up on him, just going off what I saw. Hopefully T-Rob or the new DBs coach gets him to reach his potential.

Advertisement

Clarke will be a good player - hard to make an assessment of his first real playing time while being coached by a guy that's not ready to be a position coach at this level - love DVD but his tutelage led a few guys to regress and wasted a year for some others. We didn't see anyone make a jump.
I think Banks is a little bigger but either or I want to see Clarke in the slot more. I think he should start over Couch.

Advertisement

With real coaching, I'd like to see some of our CB's who showed promise in the past, really make some strides this year. Especially, Couch.

In fact, because of his measurables and potential, I'd like to see Ivey have a Cinderella season and I'd love to see Blades have a big come back.

Why? Somebody get hurt that I missed? Metchie is a big loss for them, but they missing a DB too?

Yes,
Jobe is out and Jaylan Armour Davis is pretty banged up too and hasn’t played since game 11 for them and probably will miss playoff as well. He was their starting Nickel.

True freshman McKinstry had already been thrown into the lineup due to injury but now that Jobe is out, Banks would have been next up.

Huge. Need to completely revamp our defense at every position group via the portal.

Advertisement
He’s had 1 interception in his career & that was against Mercer.

I know you guys think every player at Bama is a God amongst mere mortals, but they have players who aren’t that good too... He doesn’t play at Bama because he’s not good enough.

Saban doesn’t play favorites or defer to Senoirtity, if you’re a TF he’ll start you ahead of a Senior who’s been in the program if you show that you’re clearly better.

Banks is a Junior & he can’t beat out Josh Jobe’s slow ***, even TF Kool-Aid McKinstry has played more than Banks.

Upton Stout from North Shore entered the Portal today too, I’d take him before Banks & I’m not even arguing we should take either of’em.

There will be better Corners than this that come in the Portal.
Well, this scares me a bit because I've never watched Banks play and LCE follows every **** CB (and coach) in the world.

Advertisement
Ya I would have liked to see Banks move any higher than say...4-5ish on the depth chart. If I'm gonna celebrate him committing to UM.

Yes they have a better defense with better depth than us...But I just have no idea if this kid is any good.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back