2019-20 Transfer Portal (NCAA Basketball)

Advertisement

Still searching for transfers. I would rather see them bring in two high school bigs.
I really want to avoid another Michael Gilmore situation.

The only thing Gilmore has in common with Santos Silva is that he played at VCU. Gilmore averaged 3 points and 2 rebounds at VCU, while Santos Silva averaged nearly 13 and 9.

I'd be more than happy to get him to come in, and I'm not concerned at all that he would be a senior and add another open scholarship for the 2021 class. It isn't like we can't take transfers next year to balance out the classes, if that is the main concern.

Advertisement
Why are we kicking them off the team?
Wilson? Muhammad? We'll never know what led to their departures. The mystery with those two players was WHEN It happened (like, a full year into their "sitting out" year at UM). With Burnett, LeComte, Palmer and Barnes -- seems to been mostly an issue of PT but, likely more to the stories there too. Happens at all programs though.

Advertisement
Wilson? Muhammad? We'll never know what led to their departures. The mystery with those two players was WHEN It happened (like, a full year into their "sitting out" year at UM). With Burnett, LeComte, Palmer and Barnes -- seems to been mostly an issue of PT but, likely more to the stories there too. Happens at all programs though.

ugh some of those pt transfers still made no sense

As I said before, the fit simply wouldn't have worked. We don't need a below the rim big that doesn't play defense, we already have Rodney for that.

Seems the high majors, with one exception, passed on him.

I understand that Coach L loves and wants to hold a scholarship for a transfer. Given that it has been more than a month now and Miami is now 0 for 3, I think it would be best to end the transfer pursuit and focus on prep players with the last two scholarships for next season.
Frank Anslem and Dylan Cardwell are still available plus we should expect a few other 2021 kids to reclassify pretty soon.

But we’re not just kicking them off the team.

Advertisement

Just wondering, does Miami really need another 8 point, 6 rebound big?
Miami currently has two and sometimes 3 when Sam can score.

Advertisement
Yes. We need more talent. We have two open scholarships and that is before the summer (perhaps when someone MAY be thrown out of school or transfers on their own). Use them.

I agree that Miami should use the scholarships but they need to be very selective about who they offer.
I think it is more beneficial to the team to wait and see which kids from 2021 reclassify to 2020 as the college admissions standards have changed due to the Coronavirus.
Plus, I am not a fan of the sit one, play one transfer.

I agree that Miami should use the scholarships but they need to be very selective about who they offer.

Where have you been? When was the last time we came close to using all of our scholarships? We need more talent and we don't use our scholarships. Seems like this selective stuff is utter bullchit.

I am not suggesting we take cancers but this stuff about being selective is bullchit when our track record in roster management is "sub-par".

Advertisement
Back