2019-20 Rotation

Advertisement
So we have no proven bigs and L brings in one guy who is out half the season and another guy who is sitting out the whole season. WTF?

Advertisement
Since our frontcourt will be a weakness no matter what, here is what I'd do:

Starting 5: Lykes / Vasiljevic / Beverly / McGusty / Miller

Bench: Wong, Walker, Waardenburg
Is Gak not available? SIAP.

With what you listed. Concerns would be: (1) In Italy, it seemed Beverly wasn't as far along in his development as I had hoped (that may change before Louisville); and (2) if you're playing a guard-heavy lineup, can Miller run the court well enough?

Basically he is punting the season. It is very clear he is loading up for a run in 2020-2021. I don't care how good they think Rodney Miller is he can't be your only true big to start a season.

Even though this makes NO SENSE; you can technically do this (in bold) AND be competitive this season.

These are not mutually exclusive things.

Advertisement
So we are going into this season with the same depth issues that plagued us last year? He better not continue to recite it as an excuse.

I hope Coach is considering playing 4 guards at a time.
I don't think he has a choice. Our only healthy bigs are Miller, Sam (barely a big), and Walker. Stone is out til January, Brooks is shirting (makes zero sense to me still), and no one has confirmed that Gak is healthy enough to play yet.

Advertisement
So we are going into this season with the same depth issues that plagued us last year? He better not continue to recite it as an excuse.
He is a medicore game day coach, solid recruiter, and a terrible roster manager. He has brought UM basketball to some prevalence but if he doesn't fix these issues next year and I still hear him using the depth as an excuse, I want him gone.

He is a medicore game day coach, solid recruiter, and a terrible roster manager. He has brought UM basketball to some prevalence but if he doesn't fix these issues next year and I still hear him using the depth as an excuse, I want him gone.
I'd say he's a very solid game day coach and, most often, an uninspiring recruiter.

Advertisement
I'd say he's a very solid game day coach and, most often, an uninspiring recruiter.

I disagree. I think his X's and O's are well below average. Ever since we lost that assistant a couple of years ago (don't remember his name) our offense has become non existent. I will agree his in game adjustments are solid on the defensive end. In regards to recruiting, signing a couple top 10 classes at Miami is impressive.

Coach L went to a school where BBall was not much higher thought of than baseball, and had a history of dropping the sport all together. He had some nice credentials and made a silk purse out of a sow a year or 2. Getting that done in the prestigious ACC was good for the ego as well as us fans. And he gets a good paycheck, and so far unlimited run of the ship with Blake Lame hardly worth a nod.

But (and I wouldn't go so far as to say Coach L sucks like just said in another thread here) "lazy" comes to mind (as in resting on your laurel), uninspired, possibly understaffed assistants-wise (due to Blake funding). Results and future results have a rather poor horizon; ie - my patience ("our" patience?) may be wearing as thin as the roster.

I give Coach great credit for his work here at UM. That "double" ACC championship he pulled off, I never thought I'd ever see accomplished. It should be pointed out, though, that Coach Ham did win (actually share) a Big East title in a conference that, at that time, rivaled the ACC in quality. Both of those teams are the highlights of UM hoops since 1985.

Advertisement
Back