G McGusty / A.Walker 3
F Waardenburg /Stone 1(when healthy )
C Miller / Deng 4

PG Lykes / Wong 2
SG DJ / Beverly 5
G McGusty / A.Walker 3
F Waardenburg /Stone 1(when healthy )
C Miller / Deng 4
I know it’s already been talked about but power forward and center look scary really wish we could get a waiver on the Cincinnati transfer. Love what we have at guard though especially with the 2 promising freshman.

No question from the press to Coach L on why no attempt to get a waiver for Brooks? There may be a good reason but ... seems like a legit question that could/should be asked.

Advertisement
No question from the press to Coach L on why no attempt to get a waiver for Brooks? There may be a good reason but ... seems like a legit question that could/should be asked.

Why wouldn't they say this "reason" when he transferred? Why would they hold off?

I would love to hear some suggestions even from the site.

Suggestion: He is scared to compete with the current players.

Needs a season off to mend fully from injury? Academics? These are two possibilities that you could speculate about. Cinncy is always one of the most physical teams in the nation so ... I know your "scared to compete" with our soft bigs had to be tongue in cheek. :D

Needs a season off to mend fully from injury? Academics? These are two possibilities that you could speculate about. Cinncy is always one of the most physical teams in the nation so ... I know your "scared to compete" with our soft bigs had to be tongue in cheek. :D

Si.

The injury suggestion is as bad as "scared to compete". If he was injured, he wouldn't have played in useless exhibition games.

I doubt it is grades. I can't imagine we would let him transfer here if his grades were *****.

Si.

The injury suggestion is as bad as "scared to compete". If he was injured, he wouldn't have played in useless exhibition games.

I doubt it is grades. I can't imagine we would let him transfer here if his grades were *****.
Then ... someone with the ability, pls give Coach L the third degree as to why no waiver request for Brooks? Certainly, L has to see more clearly than anyone how much we need the guy THIS season.

Advertisement
Then ... someone with the ability, pls give Coach L the third degree as to why no waiver request for Brooks? Certainly, L has to see more clearly than anyone how much we need the guy THIS season.

Given our roster management over the last ______ seasons, I am not so sure.

The only year we have had a roster management issue was last season. Unfortunately, our recruiting class was screwed up by the bogus FBI case plus add in Dewan being ruled ineligible and Miles WIlson getting booted just before the season. Those are the facts.

Mack

@Iam_AnthonyMack

·
Aug 6

I have decided that it is in my best interest to forgo my college career and pursue professional opportunities. I appreciate all the schools that have recruited me up until this point and this would not be possible without the man above

🙏🏼

Fact #1: The NCAA allows 13 scholarships for basketball.

Fact #2: Since 2014-15 (the last 5 seasons), we've started the season using (on average) 10 active scholarships.

Fact #3: Since 2014-15 (the last 5 seasons), we've started the season using (on average) 11 total scholarships.

Fact #4: In 2017, the complaint (via the Justice Department) stated their bullchit against "University-7" (us).

Fact #5: The 2014-15, 2015-16 and 2016-17 seasons were complete before the complaint was filed/public. This means that the FBI bullchit happened AFTER these 3 seasons were in the books. This bullchit had NO IMPACT on anything that happened BEFORE the complaint.

In summation: Again, roster management issues have been prevalent for a long time and before the FBI issue.

See this post here: https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/anthony-mack-transferring.146869/page-3#post-3945121

Advertisement
Another thread ruined with the roster management topic I see

We interrupt this thread to bring you this important announcement:

In fairness, the use and allotment of scholarships along with player rotation and starting lineups all fall under the umbrella of roster management.

Now back to our regularly schedule thread, already in progress.

Advertisement

FYI.....The NCAA is still giving out waivers to those who apply. Coach L needs to follow in the steps of Coach Izzo and Coach Miller and at least tell us that Nysier Brooks has applied for the waiver.

Sitting out for academics is unlikely since he has been accepted and enrolled at Miami. Academic questions don't get admittance. It cannot be for injury purposes because he played in two of the exhibition games in Italy. I see no logical reason why Brooks should not be playing this season. Especially since he left Cincinnati due to a coaching change, which is an NCAA approved reason to get a waiver.

Not unless there is some unknown NCAA rule where a school can only apply for one player waiver every two years and Miami used that waiver last year on Anthony Mack. Honestly, the NCAA will approve anything but paying the athletes so apply for the waiver.

Or it could be strategy by Coach L not telling everyone his full roster.

Since our frontcourt will be a weakness no matter what, here is what I'd do:

Starting 5: Lykes / Vasiljevic / Beverly / McGusty / Miller

Bench: Wong, Walker, Waardenburg

Advertisement
Back