2018 WR Watt wants to hear more from big three

Advertisement
Reminds me of Dingle - physical guy with good hands but definitely not a blazer.

With the other guys out there, i'm not rushing to offer yet either.

He added that he wants to hear more from Miami, FSU, UF, and Alabama.

But i'm never a fan of guys who have to go public asking for "more love" from so many schools. They tend to need attention instead of letting their play and film speak for itself.....and definitely ones who can be trusted even after committing.

is it possible that he was asked what schools he would like to hear more from and he simply answered the question ?

I've always liked this kid. Only question mark is level of competition and speed. McArthur's schedule and district is a joke. Western, Northeast, South Broward, Cooper City, West Broward, Hollywood Hills, Fort Lauderdale, Nova and South Plantation. I don't think you could assemble an easier schedule if you tried.

The more I watch him the more I think he's a Louisville type kid.

Advertisement
Considered "slow" on here but ran a solid 4.72 at Nike combine as a sophomore last year. The same camp that alot of " fast guys "and some of our commits or targets known as fast guys scratched their 40 time. He isn't Dingle slow...he's got solid speed imo. He's a 4.6 guy coming in college at over 200 pounds. Trojan Bandy ran a 4.68 at this camp, Wilder known as a speed lb..ran a 4.81 and he weighed in bigger than Wilder. Alot of big names including Jerry Jeudy scratched their times, Mark Pope as well. Ran faster than Gurvan Hall and Randy Russell.

Last edited:
I've always liked this kid. Only question mark is level of competition and speed. McArthur's schedule and district is a joke. Western, Northeast, South Broward, Cooper City, West Broward, Hollywood Hills, Fort Lauderdale, Nova and South Plantation. I don't think you could assemble an easier schedule if you tried.

Doesn't pick his schedule. He does what your suppose to do with it though and that's kill that schedule. I really don't have concerns as he is a kid that does the local camp thing and lines up against the best dbs down here and routinely beats them in one on ones. You name them ...he has beaten the head up.

Miami Nike Combine March 6, 2016--

Watt, Dominick... 18... WR ...McArthur... FL.. 6-1(H)... 191(W)... 4.72(40)... 4.49(shuttle)... 35(power ball)... 29.9(vert)... 80.37(SPARQ)

Here some other who did not perform so well in the 40 at the same combine..but ran HS track times to fall back on.

Russell, Randy ..18.. DB.. Carol City FL.. 5-11 ..172.. 4.75 -----ran 22.75--200m has a 10th grader

Nesbitt, Michael.. 17.. DB ..Boyd Anderson.. FL ..5-11.5.. 175... 4.72--ran 60m 7.05 -national elite 7.05}

Wright, Daniel.. 17.. DB.. Cardinal Gibbons.. FL 6-0.. 168... 4.71--ran 22.24-200m national elite 22.00

Sherwood, Jamien.. 18.. DB.. Jensen Beach.. FL.. 6-1.. 181 ..4.96 ---ran 23.66 200m

Wright, Derrick ..17.. WR.. West Broward.. FL.. 5-10.5.. 186 ..4.79--ran 100m--11.15

Jean, Gregory... 17... WR... Boyd Anderson... ..FL.. 5-11.. 164.. 4.80--ran 100m--11.09'

There appears to be some other reason(s)

Last edited:
Give me Wiggins, Pope, and Kevin Austin and call it a day. Worry about the rest of the team.

Advertisement
Miami Nike Combine March 6, 2016--

Watt, Dominick... 18... WR ...McArthur... FL.. 6-1(H)... 191(W)... 4.72(40)... 4.49(shuttle)... 35(power ball)... 29.9(vert)... 80.37(SPARQ)
Post Roy Livingstone ..the speedster from mnw.. and Randy Russell another fast guy time from that event

I thought his tape looked good. He was underthrown a couple times. He isn't as fast as the guys we just brought in, but he was the fastest guy on the field in those clips. I would at least keep in contact and see how he progresses.

Advertisement
Give me Wiggins, Pope, and Kevin Austin and call it a day. Worry about the rest of the team.
Watt is better than Austin and Wiggins imo.

Not even close to Austin. I get the feeling that a lot of folks haven´t really watched Austins highlights. Very good speed and change of direction (especially for a tall kid), very dangerous in the open field, but he also is great at going up and snatching the ball away from defenders.

[HUDL]video/3/4844420/5869c482ff0d1a2db0ce7f2c[/HUDL]

Last edited:
Reminds me of Dingle - physical guy with good hands but definitely not a blazer.

With the other guys out there, i'm not rushing to offer yet either.

He added that he wants to hear more from Miami, FSU, UF, and Alabama.

But i'm never a fan of guys who have to go public asking for "more love" from so many schools. They tend to need attention instead of letting their play and film speak for itself.....and definitely ones who can be trusted even after committing.

is it possible that he was asked what schools he would like to hear more from and he simply answered the question ?

Sure....anything is possible. But usually when that happens, a kid will say the school he was a fan of growing up or something along those lines. To individually name the Big3 and Bama sounds a bit different.

Considered "slow" on here but ran a solid 4.72 at Nike combine as a sophomore last year. The same camp that alot of " fast guys "and some of our commits or targets known as fast guys scratched their 40 time. He isn't Dingle slow...he's got solid speed imo. He's a 4.6 guy coming in college at over 200 pounds. Trojan Bandy ran a 4.68 at this camp, Wilder known as a speed lb..ran a 4.81 and he weighed in bigger than Wilder. Alot of big names including Jerry Jeudy scratched their times, Mark Pope as well. Ran faster than Gurvan Hall and Randy Russell.
Thanks for the info

Advertisement

Doesn't pick his schedule. He does what your suppose to do with it though and that's kill that schedule. I really don't have concerns as he is a kid that does the local camp thing and lines up against the best dbs down here and routinely beats them in one on ones. You name them ...he has beaten the head up.

If he hits the camp circuit and does Paradise camp and shows he can hang with the big boys..he will be on the map instantly. Reality is he is an "evaluation" kid..not an offer asap type kid. People need to see more of him and probably want to see if he is a S or a WR.

With that size (200lbs) and speed (4.6)...I like him at safety personally.

I love the certainty with which some people claim someone will either be a baller or a jag in college.

Don't fall for it, don't believe it. There are very few "can't miss" type wide receivers like Jeudy or Thomas when looking at high school players. So many other variables, especially the level of competition.

Message board evaluations have to be taken with a pound of salt.

Bandy also clocked in at a 4.51 at the opening and looks much faster than 4.68 on the field. Wilder looks faster than his time on the field. This dude looks like a 4.7 which is the problem.

I wouldnt take him over other big wrs like austin, thompson, hightower, and harris.

Would love to see what Watt clocks at other camps. That one Nike camp where everyone ran slow seems to be the anomaly.

I love this dude's game. If he rises up at Paradise and starts clocking around 4.6 he should work his way into an offer.

UM rightfully isn't handing out offers like after dinner mints. I'm sure there will be plenty of fck **** with the South Florida divas in 2018 so what appears to be a slam dunk list of 5 or 6 targets right now will change quite a bit before signing day.

Advertisement
Back