2018 will be a transitional year. But 2019 is a legit run for the NC.

Advertisement
I think if Miami had planned better for the DL losses, we could have been a playoff team in 2018 with a more accurate qb and better run game. As it stands, I think we are going to get destroyed up the middle next year on D. Silvera might be all universe some day, but true freshman DTs don't normally take over games. And if he or Willis go down, lord have mercy.

Wouldn't even need to beat Clemson in the ACC championship game next year. If Richt has managed the team better prior to the Pitt game, we could have been a playoff team this year. The big Thanksgiving grabass celebration the night before the game was nice guy Richt sabotaging himself. Players had no fire in the game. You think stone cold assassins like Saban would have done that?
I just want to blow out Narduzzis ****y *** in hard rock this year man.

I think if Miami had planned better for the DL losses, we could have been a playoff team in 2018 with a more accurate qb and better run game. As it stands, I think we are going to get destroyed up the middle next year on D. Silvera might be all universe some day, but true freshman DTs don't normally take over games. And if he or Willis go down, lord have mercy.

Wouldn't even need to beat Clemson in the ACC championship game next year. If Richt has managed the team better prior to the Pitt game, we could have been a playoff team this year. The big Thanksgiving grabass celebration the night before the game was nice guy Richt sabotaging himself. Players had no fire in the game. You think stone cold assassins like Saban would have done that?

Playoffs? No matter what happened at Pitt, we weren't going to be within 3 TDs of Clemson. We weren't making the playoffs.

Advertisement
Why is everyone obsessed with lowering the bar or moving the goalposts? How many dumb cliches do you all want to spout in one thread?

This thread is about facts. When you look at the talent that we're amassing, 2019 looks like the year. That 2019 lineup i listed has no FR on it, no rooks needing to learn the ropes of big time college ball, no undersized FR still trying to gain weight like we'll have in 2018. It's a fully packed lineup. The Surge 19 class we're gonna get to to complement that lineup will be used for depth and spot relief, not for huge starter minutes barring catastrophic injuries. Just how it should be.

Probably because everyone said the same thing last year. Everyone underestimates this program, our own fans included. At the beginning of last year if you would've said the Canes were gonna win 10 games, go to the ACCCG and play in a NY6 bowl you would've been laughed off and said wait til 2018. There's no reason for us to expect to be worse this year, so if we're playing in the ACCCG for a shot in the playoffs again in 2018 then we should be excited about that and not looking forward to 2019.

Mark has four QBs to pick from. One senior started who won the coastal for the first time and three he recruited. We have a pair of proven rbs, a 5 * freshman and beast with him, a outstanding DT plus one who might end up a great one, outstanding db class with a Blades, plus maybe best recruiting wr class in country. Why should we not win the ACC? We need to get to the dance this year so maybe we keep our juniors for a NC the next year. They need to taste the blood so they come Bach for the meat.

Advertisement

Even if we beat Pitt we would not have been in the Final Four after getting crushed by Clemson.

Honestly, it all depends on the QB play Miami gets. IMO any extended time with Rosier is wasted time. I want to see one of the young guys and see what happens( and yes, I realize they may not be great early on, too)

But really good QB play can make up for a lot of other short-comings. That's been proven many times before. But this Miami team again has a ton of NFL talent all over the field regardless of the narrative of some of our own fans

Even if we beat Pitt we would not have been in the Final Four after getting crushed by Clemson.

Point is, Miami could have lost to Clemson and still made it to playoffs. Yes, *** kicking likely knocks Miami from #1 seed to #5. Other teams (UGA) got beat down worse and made it to the playoffs. Even if Miami hasn't closed the gap all the way with Clemson next year and can't beat them in acc championship game, we could still make it in with another undefeated run. Every position is better except DT, and I don't think Diaz can mask it. Goes back to why I think we need an Oklahoma style offense putting up 50+ a game. That will cover up a lot of the problems on D.

Must win the coastal again — no excuses. We have the talent to beat everyone in our division. Clemson is going to be nasty next year — way better than last year — so I’m curious to see how we stack up with them in the ACC championship game.

Advertisement
11-1, ACC Champs is the goal in 2018. No way I’m accepting another defeat to Clemson this year. That’s our rivalry game outside of FSU.

10 wins and winning the coastal should no longer be the goal at this point. Winning the ACC guarantees you a spot in the playoffs, which is what we should be playing towards here on out. I'm not sure if we are there yet to win it all this year, although we are definitely capable of winning it. I think we may be a class or two away from it depending on what we do on the recruiting trail this year in particular. The 2019 class will be the most important class to dictate the next 2 years in terms of bringing the title back home. Not taking away from our current roster because they can get it done if put in the right situations.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Honestly, it all depends on the QB play Miami gets. IMO any extended time with Rosier is wasted time. I want to see one of the young guys and see what happens( and yes, I realize they may not be great early on, too)

But really good QB play can make up for a lot of other short-comings. That's been proven many times before. But this Miami team again has a ton of NFL talent all over the field regardless of the narrative of some of our own fans

The good news is we don't have a conference game until week 5.

If we can get better production from the offense by just imrpoving 3rd down effenciecy we wont need to rely so heavily on the defense next year.
Just think how many more points we could have scored if Rosier had completed just 50% of the passes to Jeff Thomas when he was running past his defenders.
The losses on defense will come to bite us on a game or two this year, but a 10-11 campaign seems resonable.
I will agree 2019 looks to be the year we can be legit contenders for a NC

Advertisement
Back