2018 will be a transitional year. But 2019 is a legit run for the NC.

Advertisement
**** no . The next 2 years we make the playoffs. I think we lose in the championship game next year and then just annilhilate people in 19.

we will be in contention, folks we were in it with Rosier completing passes at 48% without our best two offensive players on the sidelines. We have way more talent. However, I'm the guy that thought it was a no brainer for the two AH cbs to sign with us, still believe it, but not my decision.

Its nice to dream or say we are in a rebuilding mode/transition period.since 2001 we haven't done anything to base that theory.first since joining the acc the canes won the coastal played in the acccg .Clemson and the bowl has shown how far we've came and what is needed to reach the next level.if your a true fan you know it'll take another two recruiting classes to get there.

Advertisement
If Miami can put together two more classes as strong as this one recruiting wide, they could and should contend seriously for the Natti in 20 when this Freshmen class are Juniors. The quality depth now is light-years away from what it was 4 years ago, but still lacking in some areas. We are yet to see a Richt QB start a game, and though the OL appears to be better than it was 3 years ago this version is certainly yet to get.

If Miami can put together two more classes as strong as this one recruiting wide, they could and should contend seriously for the Natti in 20 when this Freshmen class are Juniors. The quality depth now is light-years away from what it was 4 years ago, but still lacking in some areas. We are yet to see a Richt QB start a game, and though the OL appears to be better than it was 3 years ago this version is certainly yet to get.

Have you looked at our current recruiting ranking? 19th. Behind UF and FSU.

Oh and guess which team is currently #1?

This was a coach that was sold to us on being an excellent coach. Now he’s a guy who needs top recruiting classes to win, and he’s not landing them.

When you have one top ten class in four classes, you are failing at recruiting.

Have you looked at our current recruiting ranking? 19th. Behind UF and FSU.

Oh and guess which team is currently #1?

This was a coach that was sold to us on being an excellent coach. Now he’s a guy who needs top recruiting classes to win, and he’s not landing them.

When you have one top ten class in four classes, you are failing at recruiting.

I understand Taggart outrecruiting Richt, but Mullet is unacceptable.

I understand Taggart outrecruiting Richt, but Mullet is unacceptable.

I dont accept Taggart either. Guy is a corny nobody and he is crushing us on the trail. Thats what happens when u hire a staff of recruiters who coach so poorly that you embarrass yourself 4 national games in a row. And dont have the bags to compensate.

Same exact crap happened to Shannon and Golden. Losses killed recruiting momentum and once the momentum is lost its gone for that staff.

Advertisement
I dont accept Taggart either. Guy is a corny nobody and he is crushing us on the trail. Thats what happens when u hire a staff of recruiters who coach so poorly that you embarrass yourself 4 national games in a row. And dont have the bags to compensate.

Same exact crap happened to Shannon and Golden. Losses killed recruiting momentum and once the momentum is lost its gone for that staff.

Believe me. I don't accept it either, but I understand why Taggart is out recruiting Corch Richt. Mullet, however, is beyond my understanding. I guess that is what happens when you have a staff full of nobodies and people who were fired from their previous jobs.

Need another top 10 class in recruiting to be a championship team.

Not enough talent and too much talent imbalance on the roster to make a run. Possibly playoffs but recruiting needs to significantly pickup for the 2019 class for us to be championship material

We need another huge class and hit big on some positions. But like you I’ve always pointed to MR 4th year as the goal to really contend...personally and I know this ain’t popular, but if Hurts does decide to transfer I think MR should be at his front door that same day..I think He has the championship DNA, maturity and leadership that would not only be infectious to this team but will add another mature guy in that QB room which I think will be lacking once Malik leaves..when the coaches talk about those guys between the lines I hear a lack of overall maturity..if you can play and thrive in that bama pressure as a true freshman, your made of the right stuff..and before y’all say we don’t wont nobodies leftover or he lost his job, understand, the kid he lost his jobs too is trending as a future NFL franchise type talent

Advertisement
Of course. Homer will be a mid round pick, and Joe Jack and Ahmon have the potential to be first rounders. If we somehow get Joe Jack back then wow...wow... Jackson, Garvin, Rousseau, and Bethel...wow....
Homer might be trending downward..personally I believe he can play on Sundays but production matters. He’s already a JR and had a very good soph year. But **** we got Dallas who is gonna get carries, seems like choc has the coaches faith and zo who might become a new weapon too. The oline doesnt help either....so for Homer to be a mid round guy, nah. He definitely we be in somebodies roster tho..and as far as 82..Stacey had a better SR season than AR has ever put up here and I believe he was a 6th round pick, so unless he starts balling again and is healthy, I don’t see a team taking him in the 1st round. Talent wise yes tho..joe jack will be a 1st rounder if he comes out tho, you can book that. He’s likely gonna have the production and test great. He’s a kid who I see like Calais campbell who was very good here but we might not see him reach his full potential till he gets in the league. Team wont pass on him

Last edited:
Advertisement

Isn't it concerning (to say the least) that we are yet to see a Richt QB start a game, in year 3? The OL does not appear to be better than it was 3 years ago. The OL has looked like hot garbage. Still playing Golden holdovers in year 3.

Isn't it concerning (to say the least) that we are yet to see a Richt QB start a game, in year 3? The OL does not appear to be better than it was 3 years ago. The OL has looked like hot garbage. Still playing Golden holdovers in year 3.

Did anyone believe that we were going to get a high energy changeover with Richt? He knew, coming in, that even respectable results would make him shine, compared to Golden. It's now been three years. Be happy with what you see from Richt, because that's all you're going to get.

Advertisement
Back