2018 will be a transitional year. But 2019 is a legit run for the NC.

Lexcane

Recruit
No team in history, not Bama, not Clemson, no one could recover from the losses we suffered on D and win a title. Even the mighty Saban got his *** kicked when he lost his starting LB corps for a game or two, even with all the cant miss 5 star all world recruits behind them. It'll take a year for the influx of talent from the great 2018 class to transition and contribute.

But boy oh boy, when you look at this roster in 2019...wow. And this list doesnt even include instant impact Cane locks from the 2019 class.

QB Williams or Perry
RB Lingard, Dallas, Davis
FB Realus
WR Thomas, Pope, Hightower, Ezzard, Wiggins, Harley, Njoku
TE Jordan, Mallory
OL Donaldson, Reed, Scaife, Hillery, Herbert, Gaynor, Campbell
DT Ford, Silvera, Martin, Miller
DE Patchan, Bethel, Garvin, Rousseau
LB McCloud, Shaq, Steed, Jennings, Joyner
S Smith, Carter, Hall
CB Frierson, Ivey, Blades, Bandy

This is a playoff depth chart. Not a single weak link. Sprinkle in Cane locks like Bogle, Ingraham, Daxon, Brown, Wright, Payton, Stevenson, Mcintosh, Huff, etc and you have the deepest team in the country in a couple years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Don't confuse "transitional" with "rebuilding." OP is right, IMO - we're another 10/11 win team this year. I will add one caveat that if Perry or Williams are the absolute truth, that could mean the difference between 10 wins and 12 wins, even with the losses on D.

We’ll see what happens. 2018 isn’t a team that you can predict will line up and smoke everyone, but I don’t see us going worse than 10-2 either. Some question marks will determine how far we go. I think best case scenario we are in the playoff; worst case we go 9-3 in the regular season. I don’t think we are a national title winning team this year unless Perry is Jameis Winston.

I think if Miami had planned better for the DL losses, we could have been a playoff team in 2018 with a more accurate qb and better run game. As it stands, I think we are going to get destroyed up the middle next year on D. Silvera might be all universe some day, but true freshman DTs don't normally take over games. And if he or Willis go down, lord have mercy.

Wouldn't even need to beat Clemson in the ACC championship game next year. If Richt has managed the team better prior to the Pitt game, we could have been a playoff team this year. The big Thanksgiving grabass celebration the night before the game was nice guy Richt sabotaging himself. Players had no fire in the game. You think stone cold assassins like Saban would have done that?

I think if Miami had planned better for the DL losses, we could have been a playoff team in 2018 with a more accurate qb and better run game. As it stands, I think we are going to get destroyed up the middle next year on D. Silvera might be all universe some day, but true freshman DTs don't normally take over games. And if he or Willis go down, lord have mercy.

Wouldn't even need to beat Clemson in the ACC championship game next year. If Richt has managed the team better prior to the Pitt game, we could have been a playoff team this year. The big Thanksgiving grabass celebration the night before the game was nice guy Richt sabotaging himself. Players had no fire in the game. You think stone cold assassins like Saban would have done that?

Calm down. Ford is going to start. In 2016 we relied on two totally unproven, inexperienced D tackles and it worked out just fine.

Advertisement
LOL.

Lowering the bar as per usual.

Make the playoffs next year or its a failure.

Why is everyone obsessed with lowering the bar or moving the goalposts? How many dumb cliches do you all want to spout in one thread?

This thread is about facts. When you look at the talent that we're amassing, 2019 looks like the year. That 2019 lineup i listed has no FR on it, no rooks needing to learn the ropes of big time college ball, no undersized FR still trying to gain weight like we'll have in 2018. It's a fully packed lineup. The Surge 19 class we're gonna get to to complement that lineup will be used for depth and spot relief, not for huge starter minutes barring catastrophic injuries. Just how it should be.

Advertisement
Why is everyone obsessed with lowering the bar or moving the goalposts? How many dumb cliches do you all want to spout in one thread?

This thread is about facts. When you look at the talent that we're amassing, 2019 looks like the year. That 2019 lineup i listed has no FR on it, no rooks needing to learn the ropes of big time college ball, no undersized FR still trying to gain weight like we'll have in 2018. It's a fully packed lineup. The Surge 19 class we're gonna get to to complement that lineup will be used for depth and spot relief, not for huge starter minutes barring catastrophic injuries. Just how it should be.

It’s cliche season. That’s all these guys have. They're on page 700 of the CIS cliche playbook and spring practice hasn’t even started yet. In this thread you have like three “moving the goalposts bro” posts and one “u think saban would do that bro?” posts and it’s not even the second page.

Advertisement
Back