Current FSU Commit.

Like the offer. A faster, more aggressive Trent Harris

[HUDL]video/3/4763401/58321b29c124d813c8236fcd[/HUDL]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Current FSU Commit.

Don't see how he got an offer before Drew. Kid's really good but given they're the same size roughly and size is what's keeping the staff from pulling the trigger on Chatfield, I don't see what makes Joyner more offer-worthy...

Current FSU Commit.

Don't see how he got an offer before Drew. Kid's really good but given they're the same size roughly and size is what's keeping the staff from pulling the trigger on Chatfield, I don't see what makes Joyner more offer-worthy...

My guess is they think Joyner is fast enough to play in space and possibly play the same role as McCloud. Seems like they're not sold that Chatfield can make he same transition.

I mean, neither UF or FSU has offered Chatfield either. The staff is obviously keeping tabs on him and I think he gets offered eventually though, especially if he shows out at Paradise Camp

Like Joyner alot. Kid es extremely athletic. Hope we can get him to flip. Think we have good shot.

Advertisement
Current FSU Commit.

My guess is they think Joyner is fast enough to play in space and possibly play the same role as McCloud. Seems like they're not sold that Chatfield can make he same transition.

I mean, neither UF or FSU has offered Chatfield either. The staff is obviously keeping tabs on him and I think he gets offered eventually though, especially if he shows out at Paradise Camp

Understood. I agree with you in your belief that Drew will eventually get his offer, but I feel like he is one kid that Coach Kool should loosen his size protocol for. LB ability (and I know he can play that as well) be damned, you can't name three more pure pass rushers in his class. When he embarrasses everyone in front of him at the Opening and more importantly at Paradise Camp, I have a feeling that Kool's gonna say **** it, gimme one more Shane Ray body-typed guy...

Is this kid related to Lamarcus? If so, he's legacy, and that might make it harder.

Being from south dade... What took the staff this long to offer a kid a few miles away.

Advertisement
IMO Chatfield is a DE and this kid an OLB, with a chance to grow into WDE...That's why he was offered over Chatfield. And I think there are bigger needs than LB on this team and we may be starting to realize Gainer is a pipe dream, that's why he was offered late. We are doing well in Dade and making plenty of early offers...Some kids are still going to be late spring/summer/fall offers though depending on who we get.

Being from south dade... What took the staff this long to offer a kid a few miles away.

My thoughts as well, now gotta play makeup since he's committed to FSU.

Concur. Love Joyner and don't understand what took so long with this offer. I mean, if they were waiting for senior season film ok....but what has changed between now and the Nike combine (ie: before he committed to fsu)?

Kid is a LB. Has the frame and athleticism. Watch the way he explodes out of cuts. 6-2.5/210 as a junior in high school.

Advertisement

Concur. Love Joyner and don't understand what took so long with this offer. I mean, if they were waiting for senior season film ok....but what has changed between now and the Nike combine (ie: before he committed to fsu)?

Kid is a LB. Has the frame and athleticism. Watch the way he explodes out of cuts. 6-2.5/210 as a junior in high school.

I think Diaz wanted to see him live before projecting him at linebacker. He passed the test.

Advertisement
Semenhole posters seem to think Joyner's gonna flip. There's been discussion in a couple of their threads. They seem to view Joyner flipping similarly to the way we view Randy Russell.

I think Diaz wanted to see him live before projecting him at linebacker. He passed the test.

Agreed. Love the offer but this makes LB a relatively crowded field in terms of scholarships to give which in turn makes it extremely tough, at least from my perspective to decide. Reese, Sherwood, Louis, Pierre and Joyner are an excellent group and IMO if we play our cards right, we could have another trio of LBs worthy of the Bermuda Triangle moniker ready to take over once the current trio move on to the NFL. [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] If you had to pick 3 of the above LB prospects for this class who would it be and why?

Agreed. Love the offer but this makes LB a relatively crowded field in terms of scholarships to give which in turn makes it extremely tough, at least from my perspective to decide. Reese, Sherwood, Louis, Pierre and Joyner are an excellent group and IMO if we play our cards right, we could have another trio of LBs worthy of the Bermuda Triangle moniker ready to take over once the current trio move on to the NFL. [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] If you had to pick 3 of the above LB prospects for this class who would it be and why?

Louis
Sherwood
Reese

Then Joyner and Pierre if we strike out on the guys above

Advertisement
Back