2018 South Dade DE/LB Patrick Joyner Offered

Advertisement
Reese, Sherwood, Louis, Pierre and Joyner are an excellent group and IMO if we play our cards right, we could have another trio of LBs worthy of the Bermuda Triangle moniker ready to take over once the current trio move on to the NFL. @DMoney If you had to pick 3 of the above LB prospects for this class who would it be and why?

Tough question. Based on our needs, the safe picks are Sherwood, Reese and Joyner. Pierre would be the wild card. He has as much talent as anyone.

Not a ton of separation, IMO. Louis is good, too, although I feel better in the middle than the outside.

Louis
Joyner
Sherwood

Perfect blend here. Two guys who are great athletes on the outside and a thumper in the middle. I like Pierre but you cant take Pierre and Rousseau. They look like the same type to me. They made their choice with Rousseau. I like Reese but isnt he like Joyner? Reese might be a little bigger.

I like Louis because even though I really like Jennings, we need someone to push him. And next year we will just have Shaq and Jennings as true MLBs. And Jennings while a thumper, isnt a sure thing like we knew Shaq would be.

Interested to see how this plays out as I assume we are only taking 3 since we took 3 last year.

Advertisement
Louis
Joyner
Sherwood

Perfect blend here. Two guys who are great athletes on the outside and a thumper in the middle. I like Pierre but you cant take Pierre and Rousseau. They look like the same type to me. They made their choice with Rousseau. I like Reese but isnt he like Joyner? Reese might be a little bigger.

I like Louis because even though I really like Jennings, we need someone to push him. And next year we will just have Shaq and Jennings as true MLBs. And Jennings while a thumper, isnt a sure thing like we knew Shaq would be.

Interested to see how this plays out as I assume we are only taking 3 since we took 3 last year.

I'm a big fan of Rosendo Louis and I'm in complete agreement with your assessment of the situation. Louis seems like an ideal MLB prospect and he could be Shaq's understudy for at least 1 year. As far as the other guys go it's tough to call. I love Sherwood and think he has a very high ceiling. Pierre blew me away and Joyner is another South Florida freak who plays like a madman. Can't wait for Paradise to see who shows out.

Advertisement
Back