2018 QB Casey Thompson

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
[HUDL]video/3/3959497/59da5efd3449380a44cbcb47[/HUDL]

[HUDL]video/3/3959497/59d676e50dc059119c6d30ae[/HUDL]

2018 4-star QB Casey Thompson Southmoore OK, this film is from his last 2 games.

Through 6 games of his Senior year, he's 129cmp for 226att 1,907yds 17TD's & 6INT's with 97carries for 567yds 7TD's rushing.

His team has been pretty bad, but they simply don't play Defense & aren't that talented. What's good is that they play legit comp in Oklahoma, this is a kid who's used to competing at a High level.

Has been a starter since his Sophomore year & has put up an astronomical 6,580yds 70TD's 17INT's & 2,150yds with 39TD's rushing & that's all not counting his current Senior season.

As I stated numerous times before, he's Charles Thompson's son who was a legendary QB @ Oklahoma in the 80's.

As we all know, Casey was a QB the staff seriously considered before landing Sitkow. I have been impressed with him since he came to Paradise last year & competed very well with the other QB's, he did a great job throwing the Football & showed his skill set.

He's not the ideal size at just 6'1 185lbs, but he's a great thrower with quick release, dual sport athlete that plays Basketball & is great natural runner. He can run our RPO well.

I was willing to give Sitkow a chance this to see how he does at IMG & he's been nothing short of terrible. Could he possibly turn into a great QB in college while not being good at all in HS? Maybe. And, if I'm wrong, I'll hold my L big time & eat crow, but I'm sorry man, I think we're missing out on much better QB's by sticking with this kid.

My favorite from this 2018 class is Casey Thompson. But, there's several other QB's like Adrian Martinez, DTR, Jarren Williams, Justin Rogers & even locally Jordan Travis (D$), that we need to take a serious look at.

Advertisement
And I know yall already know who he is, just felt the need to update his Senior year because of the recent stats posted about Sitkow.

Him or DTR would be an amazing upgrade to the current situation. I don't think Sitdownski starts the rest of his high school career.

Advertisement
I live in Oklahoma City and my father is the head boys basketball coach at Southmoore so here's what I'll spill on this kid:

Southmoore was a top team in 6A-1 last year, which is our highest and toughest division in the state meaning they play the toughest competition week in and week out. Anyways, they made the playoffs and got a tough draw against Jenks, which is neck and neck with Tulsa Union as the top high school program in the state, and had a shootout with them despite eventually losing 56-42 (the game was played in Jenks might I add). Despite Southmoore graduating a lot of key players last year, Casey was set to once again star this year alongside 5 Star OT Brey Walker and make another push at a state title. Instead, he transferred away from Southmoore to Newcastle which is 2 whole class sizes smaller than Southmoore to supposedly "follow his Offensive Coordinator" who was hired at Newcastle this summer but no one down here believes that for one second. The consensus belief is that he shy'd away from the tough competition and wanted to win an easy ring at a lower 4A school. Funny thing is however, Newcastle is only 1-5 this year so what a great decision that was.

Take it how you want, but if a kid is scared of competition now then what makes you believe he won't be scared if he were to come here.

I live in Oklahoma City and my father is the head boys basketball coach at Southmoore so here's what I'll spill on this kid:

Southmoore was a top team in 6A-1 last year, which is our highest and toughest division in the state meaning they play the toughest competition week in and week out. Anyways, they made the playoffs and got a tough draw against Jenks, which is neck and neck with Tulsa Union as the top high school program in the state, and had a shootout with them despite eventually losing 56-42 (the game was played in Jenks might I add). Despite Southmoore graduating a lot of key players last year, Casey was set to once again star this year alongside 5 Star OT Brey Walker and make another push at a state title. Instead, he transferred away from Southmoore to Newcastle which is 2 whole class sizes smaller than Southmoore to supposedly "follow his Offensive Coordinator" who was hired at Newcastle this summer but no one down here believes that for one second. The consensus belief is that he shy'd away from the tough competition and wanted to win an easy ring at a lower 4A school. Funny thing is however, Newcastle is only 1-5 this year so what a great decision that was.

Take it how you want, but if a kid is scared of competition now then what makes you believe he won't be scared if he were to come here.
I respect your insight being much closer to it than I am.

But, I don't believe he's scared of competition, he came down to Paradise as a Junior & competed.
He committed to Texas when they already had Cameron Rising committed.

Kids transfer from schools all the time, I don't think he's scared of competition, but if that's your assessment then that's fine.

Overall, what matters to me the most is that he's a better QB than Sitkow & he's a kid who seriously considered coming to Miami. That's my point.

Don't care about dumb local HS politics, I want a QB in this class who can actually make some throws & doesn't have 1:2 TD to INT ratio.

Advertisement
QB recruiting is obviously a different beast as it can go national much quicker than most other positions but have we pulled a kid from Oklahoma since Shockey?

[HUDL]video/3/3959497/59f62ba31762780de0407229[/HUDL]

From his game 3 days ago against Elk City.

Was 43/71att 583yds 9TD's & 2INT's, broke the state record for All Purpose yards & most TD's in a game, but his team lost 84-70 lol.

His #1 WR (who also transferred with him from Southmoore) Jacob Morris is the leading WR in the Nation.
Has 104rec 1,865yds & 18TD's on the season. NOT saying we should offer him, just adding that in there.

Advertisement
Casey has 3,034yds 33TD's & 9INT's on the season with a couple more games left.

As I said in the OP, CT is my favorite QB in this class, but I also like DTR, Jarren Williams & Justin Rogers too.

The thing I don't understand is why Richt didn't push Sitkow out months ago, we could've been on better QB's much sooner instead of having to scramble last minute.

Hopefully, Lil John has been on the phone with some of these QB's the whole time we were publicly giving off the appearance that we were staying put with Sitkow.

Casey has 3,034yds 33TD's & 9INT's on the season with a couple more games left.

As I said in the OP, CT is my favorite QB in this class, but I also like DTR, Jarren Williams & Justin Rogers too.

The thing I don't understand is why Richt didn't push Sitkow out months ago, we could've been on better QB's much sooner instead of having to scramble last minute.

Hopefully, Lil John has been on the phone with some of these QB's the whole time we were publicly giving off the appearance that we were staying put with Sitkow.

If Twitter is any indication:

Followed by Jon Richt, some other coaches AND Mark Richt: Jarren Williams,

Followed by Jon Richt, some other coaches, but NO CMR: Joes Milton, Casey Thompson, DTR, Josiah Johnson,

Followed by ONLY Jon Richt and no other coaches: Adrian Martinez, Cam Rising, Cade Fortin,

Last edited:
Advertisement
Is this what it’s down to for you tonite, 🐐? That all you got after Wiggins, Pope & Baker sapped the energy out of you tonight? You gathering your thoughts for the grand epiphany?

You deserve a rest. Lol
Lol nah. Have nothing left to say on the season.

People get a real hard on for throwing it in my face if I’m wrong about something but won’t give credit when I’m right, so then I get hit with all kinds of bullshît when things happen because I’m actuallly not afraid to have an opinin, but it’s all good because I see what it is now.

Lol nah. Have nothing left to say on the season.

People get a real hard on for throwing it in my face if I’m wrong about something but won’t give credit when I’m right, so then I get hit with all kinds of bullshît when things happen because I’m actuallly not afraid to have an opinin, but it’s all good because I see what it is now.
Dude you’re making me sad. There’s a loud handful of miserable asswipes and a much larger contingent of human beings who appreciate it.

Advertisement
Back