2018 O-line updates

252cane

All-ACC
John campbell said miami leads. But said uf is his dream school and they would shoot to the top if they offer him.

Ed montilus said miami leads over auburn. Visiting for jr day.

Cleveland reed has uf leading over miami and osu.

William barnes said uf leads with unc and auburn slightly behind. Visiting for jr day but dont seem to be in it with him right now.

How many o-linemen are they taking this class?

Advertisement
Love Kahric Belle. Add him to Scaife then just chase some 5 stars for your number 3.

Give me John Campbell, Ed Montilus, Delone Scaife, Qadir White & Casey Holman.

Also like, Kharic Belle & Jawaun Wilson as projects you take, but then stash away for a year or two & see what they turn into.

Not saying we're going to take 7 OL's, I'm saying I would take those prospects as of right now.

There's also other in state kids like Nick Petit-Frere we could get later in the process, it's still very very early.

And there's an OOS OT I'm also real high on, kid is a pure savage.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Could see us taking 3. Take another guard prospect like Montilus, and then go and grab a tackle like Qadir White or Belle.

I think we'll take 2... Outside chance of 3 if they are the right ones. DT/RB/DB are all just too big of needs and the DB/WR fields are just too big in SoFla

Advertisement

Also like, Kharic Belle & Jawaun Wilson as projects you take, but then stash away for a year or two & see what they turn into.

Not saying we're going to take 7 OL's, I'm saying I would take those prospects as of right now.

I don´t see where Belle is more of a project than any of the bolded kids. Besides, none of them should be playing before their second or third season in the program.

Last edited:
No possible way we take less than 4....

Really? With what are numbers need to be in other positions I don't see how you can fit four in on the OL. This class is going be hard enough to get to 25.

We better find a way. We're losing 2 starters and 2 backups. Otherwise we could be looking at Mahoney, Bilo, Tre Johnson, and Jahair Jones rotating in.

I don´t see where Belle is more of a project than any of the bolded kids. Besides, none of them should be playing before their second or third season in the program.
Montilus, Scaife & Campbell are not projects... All 3 have tremendous upside & are good enough to come in and start right away, especially Montilus & Scaife as Guards/Interior lineman.

Campbell probably wouldn't start day 1 because it's a extremely difficult for OT's to do that in today's game unless they have Alex Leatherwood type God given ability, but Campbell is talented enough to play RT as a Freshman and not be completely terrible, although I think he'll be a good LT at the next level once he fully develops.

Advertisement
Trying to stay close to 25 total, dont see how we could take more than 3 OL.

1 QB
2 RB
4 WR
2 TE
3 OL
2 DE
3 DT
2 LB
7 DB

26 total

Advertisement
Gonna need some attrition.

A lot. Only room for about 15 right now. There is about 11 redshirt juniors on the roster and possible guys who could leave early for nfl are walton, mcintosh, norton, and willis. After spring ball they need to start pushing some guys out.

Really? With what are numbers need to be in other positions I don't see how you can fit four in on the OL. This class is going be hard enough to get to 25.

We better find a way. We're losing 2 starters and 2 backups. Otherwise we could be looking at Mahoney, Bilo, Tre Johnson, and Jahair Jones rotating in.

If those freshmen come in and start taking lunches like we think they are...a guy like Jahir Jones will be asked to move on. He came in as a JUCO and I am pretty sure he graduates in the summer. No need to keep him around. Milo is on the clock too. No need in keeping dead weight around if Herbert and Donaldson jump them on the depth chart.

If those freshmen come in and start taking lunches like we think they are...a guy like Jahir Jones will be asked to move on. He came in as a JUCO and I am pretty sure he graduates in the summer. No need to keep him around. Milo is on the clock too. No need in keeping dead weight around if Herbert and Donaldson jump them on the depth chart.

I agree with you. Personally I don't think we're ever going to get much out of Milo.

Advertisement
Back