2018 Miami commit Nesta Silvera talks Miami commitment

ErickMarreroU

Staff Writer
Premium
2018 American-Heritage Plantation DT Nesta Silvera has been committed to Miami for almost two weeks now. The decision was an easy one for Silvera.

“It wasn’t much,” Silvera said. “I committed the day after I got the offer and Miami has always been my dream school, so why would I sit there and stall on an opportunity when I can jump on it?"

“It’s a great situation, great atmosphere, great coaches and I just love everything about Miami," he added.

Silvera mentioned that one of the main reasons he committed to Miami was because of the staff. He said the previous staff “almost” broke some bridges.

“When the old staff was there, they came out to Cypress Bay my freshman year, when I was there and told me I wasn’t big enough, so I didn’t really like Miami after that.”

“When this new staff came in, they got Coach Rumph out there and you see what Coach Kool has done with all of these defensive linemen in putting so many first round draft picks in the league, and then you see what Coach Richt has done and how well his teams play and how close they are so this staff is amazing.”

Another big reason why he committed was because Miami DL Coach Craig Kuligowski and former Pop Warner and High School coach Mike Rumph

“I think it’s going to be a great situation,” Silvera said. “He’s going to shape me into the player I want to be and make me the best DT in the country when I get there.”

“I’ve known Coach Rumph since I was about six years old, so he coached me up in pop warner and coached me at American-Heritage, so he’s always been in my ear about Miami.”

Silvera has visited Miami twice in the past two weeks, and every time he visits it’s always the same feeling.

“I always feel at home at Miami even when I didn’t have the offer,” Silvera said. “It’s the same feeling every time I go to Miami.”

Now that Silvera is committed to Miami, he can begin to recruit for the Canes, but Silvera alluded that Miami may have a “silent commit”. He's also working his hardest to get some teammates on board.

“Of course,” Silvera said. “We got a silent commit, we got one yesterday. I don’t want to say much, but he’s silent.”

“I’m recruiting to get Patrick Surtain Jr., Tyson Campbell — we’re going to get Tyson, I’m letting everyone know. Andrew Chatfield and Anthony Schwartz and that’s pretty much it.”

Advertisement
Love the confidence and attitude on this young man. Keeping the silent quiet, respect to him.

Looking forward to the next disruptive DT at Miami...and to Campbell's commitment soon....

one of the best dlineman in Florida this year. Has a great motor and is 6'2 307 with great size already. Can't wait until he gets to the U

Advertisement
“When the old staff was there, they came out to Cypress Bay my freshman year, when I was there and told me I wasn’t big enough, so I didn’t really like Miami after that.”

It infuriates me to know that we had such disgusting, inept guys at the helm of our program for far too long. It also makes me appreciate the level that Richt, Kool, El Jefe and co. are at. So happy with poor new staff.

cot dang, I'm still finding blurbs here and there that get by blood boiling about the prior staff.

Love this kid. What's his strength numbers like?

one of the best dlineman in Florida this year. Has a great motor and is 6'2 307 with great size already. Can't wait until he gets to the U

Saw him at the bball game vs. Duke this weekend and he appeared no taller than 6'. I was standing right by him and I am 6'. Size isn't great but he makes up for it with his aggressiveness and attitude.

Saw him at the bball game vs. Duke this weekend and he appeared no taller than 6'. I was standing right by him and I am 6'. Size isn't great but he makes up for it with his aggressiveness and attitude.

He measured in at the size at the opening

Advertisement

H9QHkIxj7IOOI.gif

cot dang, I'm still finding blurbs here and there that get by blood boiling about the prior staff.

Total incompetence. They tell a freshman in high school that he's not big enough. What is the motive there, what are you gaining by making ANY negative remark to a freshman? You **** off a kid for no reason without any idea of what he may or may not grow into? It's like they went out of their way to intentionally f things up.

It infuriates me to know that we had such disgusting, inept guys at the helm of our program for far too long. It also makes me appreciate the level that Richt, Kool, El Jefe and co. are at. So happy with poor new staff.

Golden and his friggin targets and schedules. "Hey Chick, your first step is too slow to be a DE, so gain 50+ pounds and become a 3-Tech. Never mind you were a high 4-star and MVP of the UA all star game.". He wasn't going to take Perryman without Barrow intervening either. Dumbass.

p.s., "Silent commits" = unicorns and pegasi. No such beast exists.

Advertisement
I bet if you went back through the "golden" years,..(my *** they were)..I bet you could compete for a natty with all the talent we passed on because they were too small,..or they were under rated,..or they wanted to be a Cane too bad,.. Or whatever bull$hit excuse they made to these young men!! If ever there was a loss I was happy for...I thank you Clemson!!

The legacy of our last staff lives on, but seems to me that Rumph was doing right by the kids and that is going to begin paying off huge in 2018. Scary to think how much better our recruiting is going to get when he hits his stride. We know he can coach. The NJ urinal cakes are soon to be a distant memory. Still can't believe that last staff was actually at Miami. I don't count Barrow or Hurlie as part of the last staff. Those 2 are Canes to the core.

Go Canes!

Advertisement

View attachment 43178

He's not 6-2 that's for sure so you're right. I'd agree he's about 6-feet flat but he's strong as an ox

Total incompetence. They tell a freshman in high school that he's not big enough. What is the motive there, what are you gaining by making ANY negative remark to a freshman? You **** off a kid for no reason without any idea of what he may or may not grow into? It's like they went out of their way to intentionally f things up.

They very well could have said something like, "If you keep working hard and get bigger you will have an opportunity in the future." I seriously doubt they just walked up to a 9th grader and said "You're not big enough." Of course a 9th grader isn't big enough, yet. There's more to it than that. There always is. We all know the last staff was terrible in many ways, but we also know how mature 14-15 year old boys are.

I wouldn't trade our staff for anyone right now, but piling on the old staff is getting old. Especially for something like this. We have too much good going for us to bring back those memories. We are all thankful they are gone, and for what we now have.

Let me ask you this. How many offers did this kid have as a 9th grader from other schools? Did Richt offer him then? Did Coach Kool offer him then? Hardly anyone is ever going to offer a 9th grade lineman because, guess what, they aren't big enough yet.

I'm not worried about DTs being huge because there are people out there like Aaron Donald who master technique and leverage and man handle o lineman. Last staff is such a joke, we are just now getting over their absolute *** ups, telling a 9th grader theyre to small? What the ***- 4 years to grow

Advertisement
Back