2018 Depth is stupid

Advertisement
Why is it assumed that Norton and Walton are leaving early?

Norton is good but this draft class is deep at DT and he's likely a middle of the draft type pick. Wouldn't be wise to leave early for that when you can return, get coached up by the best in the business, and leave as a first/second rounder the following year.

As for Walton, even healthy I don't think he showed enough to leave early. Given his injury, he may not get drafted if he leaves imo

Walton almost has to leave as he won't play near as much if he comes back. Homer is a better all around back as is Lingard . DeeJAy is a freak and Cam is really good. **** Burns is stud when healthy.

Pushed out Beat out or walked Out...they won't be wearing a CANEZ jersey when the 2018 season starts

RS JR Evan Sherieffs
RS SR Trayone Gray
RS SR Dayall Harris
RS JRRobert Knowles

I guess Brax, Langham and Rosier didn't teach you anything.

Advertisement
Like how you threw Trout in there. "Stay tuned"

IMG_8977.jpg

Pushed out Beat out or walked Out...they won't be wearing a CANEZ jersey when the 2018 season starts

RS JR Evan Sherieffs
RS SR Trayone Gray
RS SR Dayall Harris
RS JRRobert Knowles

I guess Brax, Langham and Rosier didn't teach you anything.

You're forgetting the number of players that have been processed, Harris & Knowles can see the door

Advertisement
Some of those won’t be here either due to draft(RJ, Norton, Walton, and I wouldn’t be surprised with M Jackson and J Johnson) or just going through the process of being “processed”. With all these incoming freshman DBs, guys like Knowles and Finley could be gone. Same goes with Harris, Gray, etc. on offense. Some players will be gone especially once some get beat out during the spring. Depth will great at DB, WR, RB, and DE. We are losing our left side of the OL and replacing McDermott won’t be easy. Maybe they move St. Louis to LT but I worry about that position next year. Depth will be better but the starting LT position worries me next season. Herbert needs to make huge strides IMO to be the starter next year. Good recruit but I never saw LT out of him on his HS film. Losing Herndon is huge too. Yes we gain arguably the best 2 TEs in the country but they will be freshman and I believe won’t be EE’s. I think we lose Norton and McIntosh sadly. We lose Moten who is very good depth. That leaves us with Willis(can he be relied on?), Bethel, Ford, Silvera, Fines, Martin, JUCO, etc. I’d laugh if Fines develops and becomes a good run stuffer next year. Nobody thought he’d be anything here and to go out and show everyone wrong would be awesome. I don’t see it though. Getting Ford a spring to develop will be very beneficial. Willis and Bethel are good players but we need 1-Techs(what Norton is). I worry about the experience at defensive tackle next year but I think our ends can mask that issue especially early in the season.

RJ may leave but don't think it's as certain as some believe

but we have gerald willis coming in to fill his spot and supposedly he's been owning our first team O in practice

will be a great year

Thee BIG MAC is gone!!!!! Dude will be either drafted in the 1st Round or early 2nd Round!

I mentioned elsewhere but the DB seniors in 2018 with jaquan, m. Jackson, redwine and Dean is perfect timing for the young 2018 stud db's to learn from n redshirt, gain strength, not be thrown onto the field too soon. When those seniors leave hope those youngins be ready to take over n back out

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Norton is good but this draft class is deep at DT and he's likely a middle of the draft type pick. Wouldn't be wise to leave early for that when you can return, get coached up by the best in the business, and leave as a first/second rounder the following year.

As for Walton, even healthy I don't think he showed enough to leave early. Given his injury, he may not get drafted if he leaves imo

The problem is he'll be competing with Homer, Lingard, and Dallas for PT.

Advertisement

There was a Barry Jackson column where “sources” said they were both leaning toward leaving.

A lot can change. We’ll see how it plays out.

As for Walton, backfield will be crowded next year. There’s no guarantee he’ll get the number of carries to truly raise his draft stock.

I read somewhere that there is a chance that KC can apply for a medical redshirt. Any confirmation of this?

I read somewhere that there is a chance that KC can apply for a medical redshirt. Any confirmation of this?

Why would he? He’s getting drafted.... Probsbly not in the first 3 rounds, but he’ll get drafted higher than we think. He’s had a great year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back