2018 DB Divaad Wilson gaining attention

View as article

David Perez

Recruit
Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 4.41.54 PM.jpg

Going into his senior season, 2018 defensive back Divaad Wilson is starting to gain traction on the recruiting trail.

Wilson is a recent transfer from Pace to Miami Northwestern high school, and is currently hearing from several schools. Wilson has offers from Louisville, Rutgers, and South Florida, and is starting to gain attraction from the Miami Hurricanes.

“I’m talking to the coaches a lot,” Wilson said. “The coaches are going to come see me next week sometime. I know they have a lot of DB’s so I’m gonna look into it more, to see what is happening, who has decommitted, and stuff like that.”

Although Wilson has gained interest in Miami, his recruitment is leaning in another direction due to his early offers.

“Florida, UCF, UM, Louisville, and Rutgers [are on my mind],” Wilson said. “The one I am probably leaning to the most as of right now is maybe Louisville.”

Wilson did note; however, that if Miami offered they would be amongst his front runners.

Wilson says he will “wait and see what happens” in regards to scheduling his official visits; but when considering Miami, the 6’0” cornerback says he will have to look at their depth chart situation.

“They will be up there with Louisville but I will still look into it,” Wilson said. “The depth chart and all the people who they have coming in and stuff [I will have to look at]. I’m not scared of competition, but I want to jump in early.”

Wilson has jumped into the picture due to stout play throughout his high school career, and is currently making waves with 7-on-7 camps beginning.

[TWEET]820144162632794112[/TWEET]

Wilson has been tweeting at coaches to follow him back on Twitter over the past couple weeks, and his efforts have come with results. Schools such as Rutgers have responded, and Wilson has busted recruiting scene of late.

Although Miami would be in good position with Wilson if they were to offer, the soon-to-be senior did say another school could lead the way if they were to offer as well.

“Florida, if they get into the picture they might be my leading team if they offer.”

Despite his potential attention from Florida and Miami; however, Wilson made it clear that the most important factor for him is playing right away.

“I want to start as a true freshman -- make a statement early.”

Advertisement
He's talented but another db that would try to go to Florida as soon as they offer no matter how good Miami recruits. Pass

I know they have a lot of DBs,it's starting already and we have yet to bring them in.A lot of the 2018 DBs we think we're getting will start looking at our depth chart and have doubts.My concern is we will have a lot of dbs on the roster next yeat if we close well on NSD but just how much elite talent is really there.

I know they have a lot of DBs,it's starting already and we have yet to bring them in.A lot of the 2018 DBs we think we're getting will start looking at our depth chart and have doubts.My concern is we will have a lot of dbs on the roster next yeat if we close well on NSD but just how much elite talent is really there.

Which is why you can't just take anybody. Close up shop at safety and cornerback recruiting if it's not chris henderson, dean, Shawn Davis or Paris ford

Advertisement
Advertisement
Zero chance this kid gets a Miami offer with the talent level at DB in SFLA in 2018

Advertisement
Who's advising this kid. We have zero dbs

We have dbs just not many that are any good.cbs=Young,Redwine,Jackson,Mayes,Henley,Bandy,Dallas,looking good for dean and maybe Edwards.That's 8 or 9 cbs.Safety=JJ,Knowles,Finley,Wright,James,Carter,Smith and sure looks like they want another safety in this class.That's 7 or 8,That's 15-17 dbs and don't think any will be SRs next year.So much talent in the 18 class,makes sense to sign another 6 at least.Richt will need to cut lose 5-6 of these guys to make room,how many dbs on scholarship can a team really carry.

Advertisement
Many of you mention 2018 and the recruits--here are just two more I posted on back in October. These might be unfamiliar now as they were at private schools in 2015 but look good playing in big time public competition--

Two 2018 DBs now at Deerfield from small private schools

Two private school kids now this year a Deerfield Beach and are excelling. Both are physical guys already with speed.

(2018)...Cornelius Doe....CB...Deerfield Beach {last year Calvary Christian}......6-0/170......First saw him as a tough little guy freshman and played well was about 5.7 then. Has not run track in high school yet but ran track as an 10 year old and finished 3rd place 200m and 5th in the long jump in sub-midget class on May 2011 at AAU Betty Ferguson Meet in Miami.

Cornelius Doe - Hudl
__________________________________________________ _

(2018)…Kenneth Bell ..FS.... 5-11/175….Deerfield Beach as of 8/2016 {last year Coral Springs Charter} At Nike Combine 10 months ago put up a 37.0" vertical and is first season in 3 meets in charter school long jumped almost 20 feet and ran 200m in about 24 in his first year HS track..

Kenneth Bell Jr. - Hudl

Last edited:
Many of you mention 2018 and the recruits--here are just two more I posted on back in October. These might be unfamiliar now as they were at private schools in 2015 but look good playing in big time public competition--

Two 2018 DBs now at Deerfield from small private schools

Two private school kids now this year a Deerfield Beach and are excelling. Both are physical guys already with speed.

(2018)...Cornelius Doe....CB...Deerfield Beach {last year Calvary Christian}......6-0/170......First saw him as a tough little guy freshman and played well was about 5.7 then. Has not run track in high school yet but ran track as an 10 year old and finished 3rd place 200m and 5th in the long jump in sub-midget class on May 2011 at AAU Betty Ferguson Meet in Miami.

Cornelius Doe - Hudl
__________________________________________________ _

(2018)…Kenneth Bell ..FS.... 5-11/175….Deerfield Beach as of 8/2016 {last year Coral Springs Charter} At Nike Combine 10 months ago put up a 37.0" vertical and is first season in 3 meets in charter school long jumped almost 20 feet and ran 200m in about 24 in his first year HS track..

Kenneth Bell Jr. - Hudl

Never heard of those two on this board before or on 247. That C. Doe looks good as a CB tall and can hit hard.

Advertisement
Back