2018 cornerbacks

Jobe has been ALL cane on twitter from what ive seen. something may happen within the next year, but every indication as of today is that he'll be signing with us

Advertisement
Jobe Hall and Tyson are must gets....hall is a certified beast man all three of these guys are beasts. Just those three and our secondary is elite instantly

Jobe seems like a die hard Cane based on his tweets.

Jackson, Henley, James, Knowles, Wright and Mayes have a lot to prove in 17. Richt will have to push out those that have no business here next season to get room. Don't be surprised if we sign 6+ DBs next class.

Miami should NEVER have to wait "next" year for corners. Even if they swing and miss on the big time players there are plenty of serviceable or developmental types that will likely be starters early at other P5 programs...it should never be a weak position here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think we should try and establish a strong relationship with Traquan Butler who recently transferred to Southridge he's electric, he would be a good option just in case anyone gets flaky.

Are we making inroads into Trinity after the Smith signing? They've got DB Tyreke Johnson coming down the 5* pipeline.

Well hopefully the staff learned something from this year, if they commit and then later decommit, tell them to kick rocks.

Advertisement
We must sign Jobe, Blades, Freirson, Campbell, Ivey and Hall. If we can get Surtain then great.

Advertisement
We must sign Jobe, Blades, Freirson, Campbell, Ivey and Hall. If we can get Surtain then great.

I think everyone needs to realize now the likelihood of this actually happening is very slim. It would be incredible... but I doubt it.

Blades Frierson and Ivey I feel very confident about. The other three will all be a dogfight. Get 1-2 of them then pluck some of the underrated guys like Miguel Edwwards.

Jobe seems like a die hard Cane based on his tweets.

yup, goes out of his way to rep the U & staying local. this would be a failure by the staff if we cant keep him

Dude wears Alabama gloves in games while committed to Miami. Going out of his way to rep some hillbillies... take off the rose colored classes his recruitment will be a dogfight.

Miami should NEVER have to wait "next" year for corners. Even if they swing and miss on the big time players there are plenty of serviceable or developmental types that will likely be starters early at other P5 programs...it should never be a weak position here.

I agree. One year ago, after that POS punked us for Tennessee, we were all saying we'd clean up at CB in '17. That didn't happen. I like Bandy and Dean (and I think Deejay should be at CB also). However, I don't think those 2-3 guys is exactly cleaning up. Especially when 4 of the top 5 CBs in S. FL went to Florida.

Despite the numbers and quality in the 2018 DB class, there are no guarantees with these guys. Our competetion will be way tougher than it was this year (Alabama, Clemson, etc vs Florida).

Advertisement
Losing any one of Blades, Ivey, Jobe, Frierson, Hall, and Campbell would make me sick. The only way to make up for it would be to grab an equivalent 4 star type prospect.

If Rumph loses Campbell, he should be fired on the spot. If we lose Blades, EVERYONE should be fired on the spot.

Losing any one of Blades, Ivey, Jobe, Frierson, Hall, and Campbell would make me sick. The only way to make up for it would be to grab an equivalent 4 star type prospect.

If Rumph loses Campbell, he should be fired on the spot. If we lose Blades, EVERYONE should be fired on the spot.

If we lose Blades fold up the whole **** program

Jobe
Blades
Ivey
Campbell
Hall
Frierson

Best DB class in the country and it wouldn't be close. Very realistic and it would be a game changer for our secondary.

Yea let's fire our best DL coach in decades because the DB coach lost a recruiting battle.

Absolutely brilliant thinking.

Advertisement
Back