2018 CB talks Canes

Advertisement
We gotta land one of those two AH cbs.. but Ivins posted this about Tyson Campbell a few minutes ago..

"Just going with some intel I received a few weeks ago. He likes Clemson a lot and they like him. He was also just there for a Junior Day. I don't think Miami is completely out of the picture, but I wouldn't be supposed if Dabo wins out."

god this board would be all over rumph if that happened.

Dabo owes Rucht for gurley

We gotta land one of those two AH cbs.. but Ivins posted this about Tyson Campbell a few minutes ago..

"Just going with some intel I received a few weeks ago. He likes Clemson a lot and they like him. He was also just there for a Junior Day. I don't think Miami is completely out of the picture, but I wouldn't be supposed if Dabo wins out."

Isnt this kid is like Rumph's nephew? Hasn't he's been mentored by Rumph since his popwarner days...?

Rightfully so. This kid is on record saying Rumph is like a second father to him. They have been together since Optimist. If he goes to Dabo, then Rumph should be **** on. No white knighting needed. Kid has known Rumph since he was 8 years old.

Advertisement

Rightfully so. This kid is on record saying Rumph is like a second father to him. They have been together since Optimist. If he goes to Dabo, then Rumph should be **** on. No white knighting needed. Kid has known Rumph since he was 8 years old.

I agree 1000%. Michigan hires Chris Patridge and it gets them every player they want from Paramus. We get Rumph and we can't get burns or slaton. He can redeem himself if he gets us Surtain Campbell and chatfield.

With how stacked with elite DBs South FL is for 2018, no way we take less than 5.

IMO we need 2 Safeties and 3-4 CBs with 1 or 2 being a CB/S hybrid (Blades and Frierson)

S Jobe

S Hall

S Russell

CB/S Blades

CB/S Frierson

CB Campbell

CB Surtain

CB Samuels

CB Ivey

My dream DB class for 2018 would be:

S Jobe

S Hall

CB/S Frierson

CB/S Blades

CB Ivey

CB Surtain (longshot) if not him then Campbell or Samuels

Advertisement
Correct. Every retired NFL player remains wealthy for the rest of his life. That's been proven scientifically.

I agree with you here my guy. But Surtain seems like a smart dude. He hasn't been linked to any money troubles and he has a nice gig going. I think what people mean by bags not being a factor is he Alford Jt need to be taking petty bags for his sons play. He also doesn't need to get caught up in all that considering he's a pretty high profile coach down here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None of you know what his financial situation is. My point was merely to lampoon the idiotic assumption that he is immune to grease because he played in the NFL and is therefore well off. None of us has a **** clue.

He loves LSU, and LSU has been wading in crap for a few years and was doing so badly they fired their HC. So this "we win and he's with us" line of crap is worthless too.

This likely will be another high profile "I've trimmed my list and will announce my top 39 on July 2nd" type deal.

Agreed. This guy gonna take his visits. Officially and unofficialy and every one is gonna have a different crystal ball and he's gonna love it. But I think we can land him. I don't think we should be crossing him off 3 days after his previous class' NSD like some others here have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why wouldn't he take his visits? The kid is going to enjoy the process, but this won't be a clown show like some of the other high-profile recruitments.

UM shouldn't write him off because he is going to listen to what UM has to say. Will he ultimately pick UM? I don't know, but we have his ear and his family's ear.
Are we at the table, sir?

Don't get scared. We have a legitimate shot at PSJr. Money is not an issue, so bags don't matter all that much. He knows and likes Rumph and Richt. His father likes Rumph and Richt. Basically does he want to stay home and play, or leave. That and our record in 2017 will determine this race. Kid wants to play for a winner.

LSU is the presumed leader. What was their record last year? 8-4 and 5-3 in conference. Based on this, I don't think that winning is the primary factor for him.

Their still hugely relevant on the national scene though. I'm sure the perception by recruits of LSU being one of the top programs in the nation has not changed because of a couple bad seasons.

So now it's ok to have won 5 years ago and be average in the present? What is the exact rule on: We gotta win and the recruits will come.?

How much do you have to win? We won 9. That's winning. It's not much different than winning 10. Do we have to win a NC, or can we just win like LSU and Georgia?

Advertisement
10 win season and pre season top 5 in 2018 will help land kids like Surtain.

If Rumph can't close on Campbell, then he's the WOAT recruiter. Hands down. Second father figure to the kid with a longstanding relationship, but we're described as not "completely out of the picture." We should be the runaway frontrunner if Rumph had a lick of recruiting acumen.

No excuses for Rumph not to land Campbell. Even his most ardent defender would be left speechless.

I hope the ones we have stick and guys like Surtain Jr., Campbell and Hall join us as well. We must win and look good doing it to galvanize and maintain these kids interest.

Advertisement
Don't get scared. We have a legitimate shot at PSJr. Money is not an issue, so bags don't matter all that much. He knows and likes Rumph and Richt. His father likes Rumph and Richt. Basically does he want to stay home and play, or leave. That and our record in 2017 will determine this race. Kid wants to play for a winner.

LSU is the presumed leader. What was their record last year? 8-4 and 5-3 in conference. Based on this, I don't think that winning is the primary factor for him.

Their still hugely relevant on the national scene though. I'm sure the perception by recruits of LSU being one of the top programs in the nation has not changed because of a couple bad seasons.

So now it's ok to have won 5 years ago and be average in the present? What is the exact rule on: We gotta win and the recruits will come.?

How much do you have to win? We won 9. That's winning. It's not much different than winning 10. Do we have to win a NC, or can we just win like LSU and Georgia?

I think this guy being bullish on LSU is an exception to the case. But yes, you're fooling yourself if you think LSU's last two down years have superseded their national perception after their nearly 10 year run of being a team always in the mix for a NC. The perception is not gone and I'm sure Surtain thinks they're just a few pieces away from a NC.

Nine wins will not cut it, and you know that. I know we all love our Canes and feel like every SFLA player should feel the same way we do and commit on the spot, but that's not reality. Reality says these guys go to winners. We're not losing them to the West Virginia's or UNC's of the world, we lose them to FSU, Bama and OSU because of "business decisions". Point blank.

Until we start winning the same amount as those three teams, we'll never be the school chosen as a "business decision". And that's what gets the players. That's why every game counts in the short 4 month season of CFB. To go a whole month losing to the likes of a 3-9 ND team or putting up 10 points on a UNC defense is recruiting suicide. I dont care how many wins it takes, but it does take a top 10 ranking thourghout the season, and an ACC championship game and major bowl game appearance to get the job done. If we don't do that, it'll be deja vu come this day next year.

If Rumph can't close on Campbell, then he's the WOAT recruiter. Hands down. Second father figure to the kid with a longstanding relationship, but we're described as not "completely out of the picture." We should be the runaway frontrunner if Rumph had a lick of recruiting acumen.

No excuses for Rumph not to land Campbell. Even his most ardent defender would be left speechless.

What if Clemson drops bags? Lol Poor Rumph, guy can't catch a break.

What if Clemson drops bags? Lol Poor Rumph, guy can't catch a break.

Poor Rumph? Here we go already with an attempted justification for Campbell heading elsewhere. Rumph is a second father figure to this kid and coached him for many years dating back to his optimist days.

There are no excuses for Rumph when it comes to Campbell's recruitment. Have to land him.

Last edited:
Haven't been as hard as Rumph as many here, but if he doesn't land Campbell he needs to be let go.

Plain and simple

Advertisement
Back