2018 CB talks Canes

Advertisement
Don't get scared. We have a legitimate shot at PSJr. Money is not an issue, so bags don't matter all that much. He knows and likes Rumph and Richt. His father likes Rumph and Richt. Basically does he want to stay home and play, or leave. That and our record in 2017 will determine this race. Kid wants to play for a winner.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't get scared. We have a legitimate shot at PSJr. Money is not an issue, so bags don't matter all that much. He knows and likes Rumph and Richt. His father likes Rumph and Richt. Basically does he want to stay home and play, or leave. That and our record in 2017 will determine this race. Kid wants to play for a winner.

LSU is the presumed leader. What was their record last year? 8-4 and 5-3 in conference. Based on this, I don't think that winning is the primary factor for him.

Advertisement
Cane,
He comin.

Corn being a late 1st sleeper or 2nd round pick will go a long way in solidifying his commitment l.

Cue the handlers.......

What does he need a handle for.? His dad was an all pro NFL db...
Correct. Every retired NFL player remains wealthy for the rest of his life. That's been proven scientifically.

I agree with you here my guy. But Surtain seems like a smart dude. He hasn't been linked to any money troubles and he has a nice gig going. I think what people mean by bags not being a factor is he Alford Jt need to be taking petty bags for his sons play. He also doesn't need to get caught up in all that considering he's a pretty high profile coach down here.

Cue the handlers.......

Correct. Every retired NFL player remains wealthy for the rest of his life. That's been proven scientifically.

I agree with you here my guy. But Surtain seems like a smart dude. He hasn't been linked to any money troubles and he has a nice gig going. I think what people mean by bags not being a factor is he Alford Jt need to be taking petty bags for his sons play. He also doesn't need to get caught up in all that considering he's a pretty high profile coach down here.

None of you know what his financial situation is. My point was merely to lampoon the idiotic assumption that he is immune to grease because he played in the NFL and is therefore well off. None of us has a **** clue.

He loves LSU, and LSU has been wading in crap for a few years and was doing so badly they fired their HC. So this "we win and he's with us" line of crap is worthless too.

This likely will be another high profile "I've trimmed my list and will announce my top 39 on July 2nd" type deal.

Advertisement
Cue the handlers.......

None of you know what his financial situation is. My point was merely to lampoon the idiotic assumption that he is immune to grease because he played in the NFL and is therefore well off. None of us has a **** clue.

He loves LSU, and LSU has been wading in crap for a few years and was doing so badly they fired their HC. So this "we win and he's with us" line of crap is worthless too.

This likely will be another high profile "I've trimmed my list and will announce my top 39 on July 2nd" type deal.

Agreed. This guy gonna take his visits. Officially and unofficialy and every one is gonna have a different crystal ball and he's gonna love it. But I think we can land him. I don't think we should be crossing him off 3 days after his previous class' NSD like some others here have.

We gotta land one of those two AH cbs.. but Ivins posted this about Tyson Campbell a few minutes ago..

"Just going with some intel I received a few weeks ago. He likes Clemson a lot and they like him. He was also just there for a Junior Day. I don't think Miami is completely out of the picture, but I wouldn't be supposed if Dabo wins out."

god this board would be all over rumph if that happened.

LSU is the presumed leader. What was their record last year? 8

They also push that whole "DBU" stuff real hard! and kids love it.

Agreed. This guy gonna take his visits. Officially and unofficialy and every one is gonna have a different crystal ball and he's gonna love it. But I think we can land him. I don't think we should be crossing him off 3 days after his previous class' NSD like some others here have.

Why wouldn't he take his visits? The kid is going to enjoy the process, but this won't be a clown show like some of the other high-profile recruitments.

UM shouldn't write him off because he is going to listen to what UM has to say. Will he ultimately pick UM? I don't know, but we have his ear and his family's ear.

Advertisement
In not sure what Pats financial situation is but he made a lot of money, made a lot of pro bowls, got a lot of incentives and bonuses along with his guaranteed money so good chance he'sin ggood shape. With his success in the pro's he knows how important relationships and trust with your position coach is so that's a big plus you would imagine for us so I like our chances

We gotta land one of those two AH cbs.. but Ivins posted this about Tyson Campbell a few minutes ago..

"Just going with some intel I received a few weeks ago. He likes Clemson a lot and they like him. He was also just there for a Junior Day. I don't think Miami is completely out of the picture, but I wouldn't be supposed if Dabo wins out."

Tough for these players to not get excited when the best are on their tail like that. We're going to need a couple years of solid on field performances to shake off the hometown lovable losers tag we've got.

Of the top 10 players in the tri county area this past recruiting cycle we got a whopping one commitment in Donaldson. This is an uphill battle for all our coaches.

bags won't matter here. he's a millionaire. dad is good friends with Rumph. get it done. no exuses.

Advertisement

Why wouldn't he take his visits? The kid is going to enjoy the process, but this won't be a clown show like some of the other high-profile recruitments.

UM shouldn't write him off because he is going to listen to what UM has to say. Will he ultimately pick UM? I don't know, but we have his ear and his family's ear.

Agree on all points. I like our chances here.

After you win the title over Satan all recruits start to love you more. Even if he commits there you don't quit and you fight until NSD

LSU is the presumed leader. What was their record last year? 8-4 and 5-3 in conference. Based on this, I don't think that winning is the primary factor for him.

Their still hugely relevant on the national scene though. I'm sure the perception by recruits of LSU being one of the top programs in the nation has not changed because of a couple bad seasons.

Advertisement
Back