2018 Carol City RB Davis talks Miami offer

Advertisement
The 400m is a man's race...no doubt. Dude has one he'll of an attitude

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I was waiting on Miami to offer him. We can potentially have him and Nayquan Wright from Carol City. Playing for the hometown is becoming a thing again with Mark Richt here and him also getting people on the outside excited. The state of Miami is almost here.

Davis and Wright would be an awesome duo to get! Tired of RB's playin' the U. These two could be special together.

Advertisement
Anyone wanna provide some more context as to his stats from this past season?

The Miami Herald has the following stats:

123 rushes for 820 yards (6.7 ypc) and 13 TDs

I love his film but always want to know more. It seems he was splitting carries. 6.7 ypc is def nothing to sneeze at but, ideally, I like to see a freaky number closer to 10 ypc (see Lingard, Curry, Cook). With all the big runs broken on his highlight tape, I'm wondering if he was stuffed for no gain a lot as well, and if anyone has any insight

I was waiting on Miami to offer him. We can potentially have him and Nayquan Wright from Carol City. Playing for the hometown is becoming a thing again with Mark Richt here and him also getting people on the outside excited. The state of Miami is almost here.

Davis and Wright would be an awesome duo to get! Tired of RB's playin' the U. These two could be special together.
Wright hasn't been offered according to his godfather because he's too small at 5'9". That's what Thomas Brown thinks. Thomas Brown is 5'9".

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

I love his film but always want to know more. It seems he was splitting carries. 6.7 ypc is def nothing to sneeze at but, ideally, I like to see a freaky number closer to 10 ypc (see Lingard, Curry, Cook). With all the big runs broken on his highlight tape, I'm wondering if he was stuffed for no gain a lot as well, and if anyone has any insight

Can't say I watched every Carol City game, but his stats are nearly identical to Nayquan Wright's. Maybe it's something with the offense, because both guys are studs.

Advertisement

Wright hasn't been offered according to his godfather because he's too small at 5'9". That's what Thomas Brown thinks. Thomas Brown is 5'9".

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Well his gfather is prob exaggerating a little...I mean Macfarland was 5'8/5'9 and Brown loved him.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Their pass offense might be so rudimentary that teams crash the run. I agree that I'd expect Davis's ypc to be higher.

Can't say I watched every Carol City game, but his stats are nearly identical to Nayquan Wright's. Maybe it's something with the offense, because both guys are studs.

Posted this in another thread, but I agree, the stats don't adding up. Looking deeper, here's what I found:

2016:
Davis - 123 rushes for 820 yards (6.7 ypc) and 13 TDs
Wright - 112 rushes for 810 yards (7.2 ypc) and 8 TDs

Basically the same. Wright gets more carries, but it's a fairly even split. Wright missed 5 games near the end of the season.

2016 - The Good
Davis BLEW UP in the 5 games Wright missed. My guess is most of his highlights are from these 5 games.
Davis went 51 rushes for 446 yards (8.7 ypc) and 12 TDs

2016 - The Bad
Davis was bad in the 8 games Wright played.
Davis went 72 rushes for 374 yards (5.1 ypc) and 1 TD in those 8 games

Notably Bad games

Miami Central
Davis - 10 for 22 yds (2.2 ypc) 0 TDs
Wright - 12 for 132 yds (11.0 ypc) 2 TDs

MNW
Davis - 7 for 15 yds (2.1 ypc) 0 TDs
Wright - 11 for 117 yds (10.6 ypc) 1 TD

2015 - Really Bad
Davis - 69 for 299 yds (4.3 ypc) 3 TDs
Wright - 122 for 983 yds (8.1 ypc) 11 TD

There may very well be a reason for all this...but there's some red flags. Maybe Davis is the short yardage back, and when he got a chance to get all the carries he blew up. Both are big time recruits, but Wright is clearly the favorite for carries, and consistently puts up the better numbers. It looks like Davis isn't on the same level as Wright, and Davis did some padding of his stats against some bad teams.

BTW - I did the same stat comparison with Anthony McFarland vs. Lorenzo Harrison and saw a TON of red flags with McFarland. I'm pretty confident that McFarland, while a good RB, was overrated and won't end being a big loss.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back