2018 5 Star Wide Receiver Talks ‘Canes After Weekend Visit

View as article
And with Pope, Austin, Williams, Thornton, Green, Moore, Wiggins et al local this year, we do not need to govelsewhere and shouldn't. We took Hightower. That's enough non-local kids at WR in one of the best local classes at WR we have seen in a while.[/QUOTE]

Lot of you guys don't get it, but UM's a national program. We've been "chasing rainbows" and catching them forever. Al even caught a few.[/QUOTE]You chase them here and there, now and then, when it makes sense. At WR this cycle, it doesn't make sense, IMO. Not with the local talent available.

And there is a cost to skipping over a top local kid to take an OOS kid (not to mention a risk of decommitment from the OOS kid in January at bag time). Our strength is maximized when we strengthen the talent lines in the local area, and undermined when we pointlessly skip local kids for OOS kids, which inevitably leads to some drama chit down the line.

We have a strategy. We should stick to it. The OOS kid should be at a position of need where we cannot get comparable talent locally, or just an obviously better kid than what we can get locally. Neither fit the WR situation this cycle.[/QUOTE]

In this case with local WR I totally agree with you.

Advertisement
Do not want.

Wih the number and quality of local WRs available this year, it's crazy to be wasting time and attention on some OOS kid who aint coming here and aint going to be better than all of the local kids we pass on.

Jeff Thomas says :diaf:

This smells of Devonta Smith all over again

Devonta got 200k,a house & a car to go along with a job for his family... u really mad at him brother?

Who said this? This real life happened? And how u know

Yeah,it real life happened. No point in going into how I know but let's just say it's a real small circle when u talking about recruits at an elite level. You'll doubt whatever I tell you anyhow so not much point in explaining.
how in the world does Miami compete with that?

This isn't a shot at you brother but I'm simply gonna say ignorance is bliss...

Do not want.

Wih the number and quality of local WRs available this year, it's crazy to be wasting time and attention on some OOS kid who aint coming here and aint going to be better than all of the local kids we pass on.

LOL ur retarted i love pope and this guy is better. Hes like julio jones and im not exaggerating he is 6 5 running fast and sharp routes with great hands. FREEKISH TALENT potential top 15 pick. We want him bro

Where are you getting 6-5 from? He measured 6-3 at the opening in New Orleans a couple of months ago...

I'm not positive but he's definitely taller than 6-3. Maybe he uses cleats with lifts or something but my nephew is almost 6-4 now & this dude has him noticeably when they stand next to each other. Good kid too.

Advertisement
Do not want.

LOL ur retarted i love pope and this guy is better. Hes like julio jones and im not exaggerating he is 6 5 running fast and sharp routes with great hands. FREEKISH TALENT potential top 15 pick. We want him bro

Where are you getting 6-5 from? He measured 6-3 at the opening in New Orleans a couple of months ago...

This kid is as good as any WR I've seen come out of high school in many many years.He toyed with teams around here.

But like I said it will be VERY expensive to get him from LSU.

And what DEE said about Smith is a 1000% correct.ive got a picture of the house in Amite.La.Buddy of mine lives across the street.His car of choice was a red mustang last I heard.I have dozens of stories regarding large amounts of cash,cars,houses,jobs etc. used to entice kids to LSU.I know of two kids that got ALOT more than Smith got.

wasnt It Valentine that got a flat screen tv sent to the house and when he opened the box 75 grand was in there? That was a bad investment..lol

People that think we aren't dropping bags is fooling themselves.Maybe not the type of bags the sec is dropping but we are making " donations" to families.

If you can get this kid you trade him for ANY of the kids we have committed.They play pretty decent HS football in La. so the fact that Pope or any of the others are better just because they're from Fla. is silly.

All that being said I think this kid is looking for a free weekend.Would love to have him in this class cause he and Campbell would make it epic.Just don't see it.

Hope I'm wrong.

He's been here twice on his own dime. We're working on paradise & my nephew & him talk. His interest is legit. But from everything I've heard Texas will go all in for this kid. If it is about the amenities we can't compete with that out of any of those 3.

Do not want.

This kid is as good as any WR I've seen come out of high school in many many years.He toyed with teams around here.

But like I said it will be VERY expensive to get him from LSU.

And what DEE said about Smith is a 1000% correct.ive got a picture of the house in Amite.La.Buddy of mine lives across the street.His car of choice was a red mustang last I heard.I have dozens of stories regarding large amounts of cash,cars,houses,jobs etc. used to entice kids to LSU.I know of two kids that got ALOT more than Smith got.

wasnt It Valentine that got a flat screen tv sent to the house and when he opened the box 75 grand was in there? That was a bad investment..lol

People that think we aren't dropping bags is fooling themselves.Maybe not the type of bags the sec is dropping but we are making " donations" to families.

If you can get this kid you trade him for ANY of the kids we have committed.They play pretty decent HS football in La. so the fact that Pope or any of the others are better just because they're from Fla. is silly.

All that being said I think this kid is looking for a free weekend.Would love to have him in this class cause he and Campbell would make it epic.Just don't see it.

Hope I'm wrong.

He's been here twice on his own dime. We're working on paradise & my nephew & him talk. His interest is legit. But from everything I've heard Texas will go all in for this kid. If it is about the amenities we can't compete with that out of any of those 3.

I'm would love to have this kid wear the U.

But from what I hear is being thrown at this kid by LSU,and I'm sure Texas and because of speedy Noil I know how high ATM will go it will be hard for him and his family to walk away from the offers.

This kid is a freshman AA a national AA his soph year and he's gone in 3.......this talent doesn't come along often.

Last edited:
And with Pope, Austin, Williams, Thornton, Green, Moore, Wiggins et al local this year, we do not need to govelsewhere and shouldn't. We took Hightower. That's enough non-local kids at WR in one of the best local classes at WR we have seen in a while.

Lot of you guys don't get it, but UM's a national program. We've been "chasing rainbows" and catching them forever. Al even caught a few.[/QUOTE]You chase them here and there, now and then, when it makes sense. At WR this cycle, it doesn't make sense, IMO. Not with the local talent available.

And there is a cost to skipping over a top local kid to take an OOS kid (not to mention a risk of decommitment from the OOS kid in January at bag time). Our strength is maximized when we strengthen the talent lines in the local area, and undermined when we pointlessly skip local kids for OOS kids, which inevitably leads to some drama chit down the line.

We have a strategy. We should stick to it. The OOS kid should be at a position of need where we cannot get comparable talent locally, or just an obviously better kid than what we can get locally. Neither fit the WR situation this cycle.[/QUOTE]

In this case with local WR I totally agree with you.[/QUOTE]

NONE OF THE REMAINING LOCAL KIDS SNIFF THIS BOYS JOCK STRAP... HE'S ELITE. big difference between elite & good. Take the emotion away from it & remember we compete on a national basis. Not copeland,moore,thompson,Austin NONE of em are on this kids level. Personally for me he's #1 or 2 with amon ra nationally & that's tough cause I don't think my nephew takes a backseat to anyone. If we can get him you make it happen period.

And with Pope, Austin, Williams, Thornton, Green, Moore, Wiggins et al local this year, we do not need to govelsewhere and shouldn't. We took Hightower. That's enough non-local kids at WR in one of the best local classes at WR we have seen in a while.

Lot of you guys don't get it, but UM's a national program. We've been "chasing rainbows" and catching them forever. Al even caught a few.
You chase them here and there, now and then, when it makes sense. At WR this cycle, it doesn't make sense, IMO. Not with the local talent available.

NONE OF THE REMAINING LOCAL KIDS SNIFF THIS BOYS JOCK STRAP... HE'S ELITE. big difference between elite & good. Take the emotion away from it & remember we compete on a national basis. Not copeland,moore,thompson,Austin NONE of em are on this kids level. Personally for me he's #1 or 2 with amon ra nationally & that's tough cause I don't think my nephew takes a backseat to anyone. If we can get him you make it happen period.[/QUOTE]

Thank you...maybe they will listen to you..

Advertisement

Lot of you guys don't get it, but UM's a national program. We've been "chasing rainbows" and catching them forever. Al even caught a few.
You chase them here and there, now and then, when it makes sense. At WR this cycle, it doesn't make sense, IMO. Not with the local talent available.

We have a strategy. We should stick to it. The OOS kid should be at a position of need where we cannot get comparable talent locally, or just an obviously better kid than what we can get locally. Neither fit the WR situation this cycle.

NONE OF THE REMAINING LOCAL KIDS SNIFF THIS BOYS JOCK STRAP... HE'S ELITE. big difference between elite & good. Take the emotion away from it & remember we compete on a national basis. Not copeland,moore,thompson,Austin NONE of em are on this kids level. Personally for me he's #1 or 2 with amon ra nationally & that's tough cause I don't think my nephew takes a backseat to anyone. If we can get him you make it happen period.[/QUOTE]

Thank you...maybe they will listen to you..[/QUOTE]

I'll just say this in a nice way. But we have alot of hard headed individuals on here that all value their opinions (far too much in most instances)

We have a strategy. We should stick to it. The OOS kid should be at a position of need where we cannot get comparable talent locally, or just an obviously better kid than what we can get locally. Neither fit the WR situation this cycle.

In this case with local WR I totally agree with you.

Thank you...maybe they will listen to you..[/QUOTE]

I'll just say this in a nice way. But we have alot of hard headed individuals on here that all value their opinions (far too much in most instances)[/QUOTE]

I think that can be said about EVERY site..lol

Nigs on here tripping hard fam. Terrance Marshall coming here is major. I don't know the factors but don't play yourselves like he not a major addition to our class.

Donations to Miami athletic program has risen dramatically. I specifically designated my contribution to go towards bags to be dropped on elite croots and dare family members.

Advertisement
That's two different things. I could almost see not wanting to "waste" time on him, but you don't even want the kid? If he committed tomorrow you'd tell him to kick rocks? That doesn't play when it's the #10 player in the country. And as for wasting time, al's not the skipper of this ship so if the kid says he's interested, I believe him.
Al aint the only corch we had who chased rainbows around the country.

Did you miss the offers and local recruitments of Williams, Thornton and Austin? Recruiting Marshall hasn't hindered any of that.
I agree, so far. But it's early, and this is a marshall exchange. How it plays out, we will see. My comment was i'd prefer we focus on local kids this cycle.

This whole 'we're a national program, we have to chase national kids' thing is dumb, imo.

We have one major asset, which is our local recruiting base.

Worrying about chasing ntional kids when we have been losing lcoal battles is a complete distraction.

I have no problem taking a dj Johnsen. Thomas is a misleading discussion because we got on him late, which is a different topic.

This is one of the best years for wrs locally we hve seen in ages. Taking local kids is how we rebuild the program. Don't take ones who arent top notch, but if we hve top notch wrs available, well, here we are.

Advertisement
This whole 'we're a national program, we have to chase national kids' thing is dumb, imo.

Worrying about chasing ntional kids when we have been losing lcoal battles is a complete distraction.

I have no problem taking a dj Johnsen. Thomas is a misleading discussion because we got on him late, which is a different topic.

This is one of the best years for wrs locally we hve seen in ages. Taking local kids is how we rebuild the program. Don't take ones who arent top notch, but if we hve top notch wrs available, well, here we are.

Nobody said we have to chase anybody. Nobody is ignoring SFLA talent. This isn't an either/or and nobody knows what talking to one kid will do regarding another kid. And let's not pretend that we've been losing local talent because we haven't paid attention to them. We've lost local talent because there are a lot of schools with a lot of money, and we haven't played well enough to give kids a reason to choose us.

And we got Thomas late because we stayed on him the whole cycle while others dropped off.

Nobody said we have to chase anybody. Nobody is ignoring SFLA talent. This isn't an either/or and nobody knows what talking to one kid will do regarding another kid. And let's not pretend that we've been losing local talent because we haven't paid attention to them. We've lost local talent because there are a lot of schools with a lot of money, and we haven't played well enough to give kids a reason to choose us.

And we got Thomas late because we stayed on him the whole cycle while others dropped off.

Yeah Idk why people act like miami only had traction with Thomas during the under armour game. He named a top 5 in early December that included Miami and in the summer bama and Miami was his top 2 schools standing out to him

Do not want.

OOS WR saved that class last year.

This smells of Devonta Smith all over again

Devonta got 200k,a house & a car to go along with a job for his family... u really mad at him brother?

Who said this? This real life happened? And how u know

Yeah,it real life happened. No point in going into how I know but let's just say it's a real small circle when u talking about recruits at an elite level. You'll doubt whatever I tell you anyhow so not much point in explaining.

That's the ****ed up thing with Bama

Auburn dropped 180k for cam newton..their savior qb who got them a title and a lengthy investigation by $EC standards

Bama is giving the 2nd or 3rd best receiver out of a class of 5+ 200 hundred ******* thousand dollars among other things...and no one blinks an eye?

Mark emmert needs to get a brain aneurysm..ASAP
Good luck actually tracing it back to anyone at Bama. "Knowing" and proving are different things in the legal sense. And who are we kidding, not a crime anyone really cares about.

Advertisement
Back