2018 4* DE Nik Bonitto - St. Thomas Aquinas

The longer you're a football fan the more this reality sinks in...fans know a lot more than one would expect, and coaches/management are not infallible. Not even close.

Aren't you a Giants fan? There must've been tons of times where you knew better than the "guys hired to know more". It's just the way it is.

ex. I've been saying for 2 years the Bucs need to play way more press 2-man and it takes until the 3rd drive of the playoff semis for Bowles to finally do it. And whaddya know the Saints offense gets completely dismantled.

^ now take that example and multiply it by 100s over the past decade or so with the Bucs and Canes. Now that's mind-boggling and incredibly frustrating.

(I just realized I've completely rationalized your moping and now I can't undo it)
I hated the Giants hires I didn't know about Judge but when I heard the press conference I was impressed he wasn't soft. Also the way he punished Tate how he handles it and the media....dude looks like the real deal. I picked the bucs early in the year to come out the NFC also picked the Bills when the playoffs started.

Kind of rooting for the bucs or bills to win....lord know the bills fan deserve one

Advertisement
That's your take. Some folks find it interesting to discuss this stuff, and even to look back and see what we can learn.

Others, apparently you included, get hot under the collar when the discussion makes you uncomfortable.
Lol at discussion hahaha. This thread had like 50 posts when it happened 4 years ago. Now it’ll be over 100 real quick of whiney posts because of the pff.

if I’m hot under the collar then ur just a puzzy who wants to cry after the fact. Guess I’d rather be what I am then a whiney after the fact puzzy looking for anything to bish about

co

That's your take. Some folks find it interesting to discuss this stuff, and even to look back and see what we can learn.

Others, apparently you included, get hot under the collar when the discussion makes you uncomfortable.
It also proves who knows about players more then the coaches. I was big on Elijah Moore and we passed him up for scrubs. Was ok with it cause the star system failed me. Moore was a super human everytime I saw him he created so much seperation.

Lol at discussion hahaha. This thread had like 50 posts when it happened 4 years ago. Now it’ll be over 100 real quick of whiney posts because of the pff.

if I’m hot under the collar then ur just a puzzy who wants to cry after the fact. Guess I’d rather be what I am then a whiney after the fact puzzy looking for anything to bish about

co
See, you're here calling people names and cursing because ... why? Because other people are interested in a discussion that bothers you? That's kinda the definition of hot under the collar, I'd say.

Who cares how many posts there were a few years ago? We both know you wouldn't feel any differently about the discussion if there were more posts back when. It's irrelevant.

I hated the Giants hires I didn't know about Judge but when I heard the press conference I was impressed he wasn't soft. Also the way he punished Tate how he handles it and the media....dude looks like the real deal. I picked the bucs early in the year to come out the NFC also picked the Bills when the playoffs started.

Kind of rooting for the bucs or bills to win....lord know the bills fan deserve one
It’s actually a reality of all professions that sometimes people outside the bubble can see things that those inside just miss. True on wall st. True in sports.

Coker’s country club, shannon’s chaos, dorito’s D, Richt’s O, many fans were right when the conventional wisdom types all insisted the ‘pros’ knew better. Same true in recruiting.

There are folks who like to yell at the critics, then when the critics end up correct, they yell at you for going back and talking about what happened.

Nothing changes.

Advertisement
Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn so many ppl wanted this dude to be offered too smh
half baked bullshit GIF
I was banging on the board about getting him.

co
I'ts not a mope thing, it's a constructive criticism thing its a guarantee that some diehard fans like @Liberty City El @Dwinstitles know more about players then our coaches. these coaches do not spend the hours looking at these kids play like some of our fans do its just not possible, they dont and thats the truth. You think Manny knew more about Jordan Battle then some of the posters on here? I guarantee he didnt, and I'm not saying he would've came here I have no idea I just know his dad is a huge cane fan and we didnt seriously recruit him. If I was a recruiting coordinator for UM I would lowkey stay on this board thats full of people connected to high school players in SFL at least an hour a day under an alias. You just couldn't go wrong.

I'ts not a mope thing, it's a constructive criticism thing its a guarantee that some diehard fans like @Liberty City El @Dwinstitles know more about players then our coaches. these coaches do not spend hours looking at high school film an these kids play. They just dont and thats the truth. You think Manny knew more about Jordan Battle then some of the posters on here? I guarantee he didnt, and I'm not saying he would've came here I have no idea I just know his dad is a huge cane fan and we didnt seriously recruit him. If I was a recruiting coordinator for UM I would lowkey stay on this board thats full of people connected to high school players in SFL at least an hour a day under an alias. You just couldn't go wrong.
Crazy **** is i dont even live down there and I sometimes question why they pass on certain kids that check every old school cane box. I wanted Battle real bad but knew he was playing us and we were never number 2 behind OSU. Facts if I coached at UM I would really listen to some guys here and the first that come to mind are @gogeta4 @Liberty City El and also those guys and I and others arent always right but thats part of it. I felt the board here on CIS knew more about prospects then our coaches and its been like that for a long *** time and thats a horrible truth. I feel sometimes this university recruits like its a stranger like it isnt located in sfla like there a team from up north visiting. Its not moping when its the truth, I found myself even talking myself into the past staphs evals when they pass of a guy like Moore or Bonito, or listening to sunshine posters who pump up every prospect if they come here.

Advertisement

really like judge. has some good qualities and seems to be a pretty good decision maker

Crazy **** is i dont even live down there and I sometimes question why they pass on certain kids that check every old school cane box. I wanted Battle real bad but knew he was playing us and we were never number 2 behind OSU. Facts if I coached at UM I would really listen to some guys here and the first that come to mind are @gogeta4 @Liberty City El and also those guys and I and others arent always right but thats part of it. I felt the board here on CIS knew more about prospects then our coaches and its been like that for a long *** time and thats a horrible truth. I feel sometimes this university recruits like its a stranger like it isnt located in sfla like there a team from up north visiting. Its not moping when its the truth, I found myself even talking myself into the past staphs evals when they pass of a guy like Moore or Bonito, or listening to sunshine posters who pump up every prospect if they come here.

It was either D$ or maybe LCE who also commented on the miss/hit rate where tehy took the 2008 class from MNW, we got legit every stud from that class. Spence, Forston, A. Johnson, ben Jones, Streeter, all top 150 talents. Throw in Thompkins and Jacory, we took **** near their entire starting roster. The guy we didnt take? Lavonte David.... Like its takes a special talent to do that lol aside from Spence not one of the aforementioned amounted to anything.

I'ts not a mope thing, it's a constructive criticism thing its a guarantee that some diehard fans like @Liberty City El @Dwinstitles know more about players then our coaches. these coaches do not spend the hours looking at these kids play like some of our fans do its just not possible, they dont and thats the truth. You think Manny knew more about Jordan Battle then some of the posters on here? I guarantee he didnt, and I'm not saying he would've came here I have no idea I just know his dad is a huge cane fan and we didnt seriously recruit him. If I was a recruiting coordinator for UM I would lowkey stay on this board thats full of people connected to high school players in SFL at least an hour a day under an alias. You just couldn't go wrong.
Dwins lives in NJ and has never played a down or organized football i'm willing to bet. And this is no disrespek on Dwins, he's my fav debbie downer.

I feel what you're saying about @Liberty City El

The collective chest thumping about a miss without going back and looking back at the hundreds of threads about other players who went on to do absolutely nothing is downright hysterical

Advertisement
It was either D$ or maybe LCE who also commented on the miss/hit rate where tehy took the 2008 class from MNW, we got legit every stud from that class. Spence, Forston, A. Johnson, ben Jones, Streeter, all top 150 talents. Throw in Thompkins and Jacory, we took **** near their entire starting roster. The guy we didnt take? Lavonte David.... Like its takes a special talent to do that lol aside from Spence not one of the aforementioned amounted to anything.
David was the guy

I think sometimes they think every BS recruit is good but don't understand thats HS. It goes back to that Girlie Brown vid.....he was the only one that knew u have to put the kid vs ACC comp. No one on the staff understood wtf he was saying but he was right. AG and them boys didn't know wtf to look for. A mess

David was the guy

I think sometimes they think every BS recruit is good but don't understand thats HS. It goes back to that Girlie Brown vid.....he was the only one that knew u have to put the kid vs ACC comp. No one on the staff understood wtf he was saying but he was right. AG and them boys didn't know wtf to look for. A mess
david was a shannon era kid. it is funny that the one kid we didn’t take from that mnw class turns out to be by far the beat. BUT - iirc he went juco. not sure it was such an option back then.

but that aside, it’s a fact that there are some posters on this and some other boards who know far more than the staff about some kids every cycle.

our recruiting and evals have been below grade a long time.

LOL hahaha. Look at you hoes crying over nothing. We have two first round picks at edge and ur crying about PFF when the half of you say that site is garbage.

The dude had a good year. great for him. However like someone said, edge rush is not our problem. You people should get off the interwebz and stop looking for things to cry like hoes about
You wouldn't take local 3-stars Bonitto and Weaver over short-term portal fixes like Roche and Phillips?

THAT is the issue.

The only reason the edge isn't a problem is because we're located in Miami and kids love to come here for 1 fvckin' year.

Advertisement
I don't necessarily mind missing out on the local 5-star kids. I kinda expect that until we start winning more. It's mis-evaluating THESE local kids that irks me.

Kids like Bonitto, Jaden Davis, Dorlus, Weaver, Moore, Atwell, Flowers, etc...

This is why I've been saying that we don't freakin' NEED to sign a bunch of 5-stars to start fielding a more respectful roster. We need to do a better job at evaluating the lower ranked kids who can ball here. Other schools are doing a better job of evaluating South Florida talent than we are.

The list of kids that we didn't offer who went on and balled at other schools IS LONG.

mad the rock GIF

You wouldn't take local 3-stars Bonitto and Weaver over short-term portal fixes like Roche and Phillips?

THAT is the issue.

The only reason the edge isn't a problem is because we're located in Miami and kids love to come here for 1 fvckin' year.
We didn't have that choice at the time tho i guess is my point. We didn't take him and we picked up a couple kids in teh portal. The kid had a nice season, but was he even a scheme fit here? OU looked like they were running a 3-4 and he was playing the rush LB.

I don't doubt the debate at all. It's healthy, but i think the debate is disingenuous. I think it's all about trying to trash the HC, not have an honest debate on the merits of a prospect and why we wasn't a take.

To my knowledge we never offered Bonito right?

Advertisement
Back