2018 4* DE Nik Bonitto - St. Thomas Aquinas

Geo305

Retired staff
Premium
I'm sure many of you know about this elite prospect and two sport star (basketball & football) and probably the best DE in the state next year.

Wanted to shed a little light on his situation.

I have been told that UF has been his favorite for as long as anyone can remember. One issue, UF has been slow playing him and has not offered him yet, yes still a long way to next recruiting cycle but that's bad on UF's part IMO. It is starting to take an effect on his recruitment.

I also have been told that Coach L is recruiting Bonitto for basketball at Miami and Bonitto feels that Miami has a better program for him. He has taken Miami much more serious now from a football perspective since Richt has been here. UF losing Billy Donovan to the NBA hurt them along with not having an offer yet for football.

One issue I have been told is that Bonitto is really dead set on playing both sports in college. When he first got into HS he was projected to be one of the best prospects in the country for basketball. He has slid down that scale just a small tad, but still a good basketball prospect. On the football end, his talent and potential is tremendous. Family members do have to push him to play football and it has taken an effect in a way because he hasn't taken weight lifting completely serious yet. Regardless, he is an elite talent and many believe he will see that down the line.

Things could get very interesting for Miami with Bonitto down the road.

Advertisement
Kid should bball if hes that good. Longer careers, better contracts. More opportunities outside the US leagues.

Advertisement
Kid should bball if hes that good. Longer careers, better contracts. More opportunities outside the US leagues.

Lot smaller pool to get drafted or signed in basketball compared to football.

Lot of his peers, coaches, friends etc. believe he'll notice the potential he has in football sooner than later.

Lot of his peers, coaches, friends etc. believe he'll notice the potential he has in football sooner than later.

Thats a commmon misnomer when factoring overseas play. Not to mention elongated careers compared to football. Youre almost 7 times more likely to earn a living playing basketball than football.
Screenshot_20160825-111722.jpg

Advertisement
Didn't we have an article saying Richt is looking for kids who love football and want to concentrate on football? A two sport kids who (possibly) prefers basketball more seems to go against recruiting info we were given on Richt.

Advertisement
Black Italian??

maybe he can fix me one of them collard green linguinis

Giancarlo stanton. Italians pounding out a black woman and BOOM

He changed his name from Michael. I dont think he's italian lol

His real name iss giancarlo michael stanton. Lol what u dont think Michaels can bee italian lololol

Have u not watched marlins games and seen his father

Guess this dude neve watched "The Godfather."

It's not like the main character in the films was named Michael Corleone or anything.

Advertisement
Didn't we have an article saying Richt is looking for kids who love football and want to concentrate on football? A two sport kids who (possibly) prefers basketball more seems to go against recruiting info we were given on Richt.

My guess would be the other situation would be the kid taking up a football scholarship and Richt having to do the heavy lifting on recruiting while this might be the kid taking up a basketball scholarship and the basketball coach doing the heavy lifting?

Black Italian??

maybe he can fix me one of them collard green linguinis

Giancarlo stanton. Italians pounding out a black woman and BOOM

He changed his name from Michael. I dont think he's italian lol

His real name iss giancarlo michael stanton. Lol what u dont think Michaels can bee italian lololol

Have u not watched marlins games and seen his father

Guess this dude neve watched "The Godfather."

It's not like the main character in the films was named Michael Corleone or anything.

No i just never met an Italian with the last name Stanton.

So basically Julius Peppers?

Uber athlete who could play two sports in college, but had a much higher ceiling in football.

Advertisement
Back