2018-2019 Schedule

Advertisement
We're also playing Penn. Looks like we have no desire to play anyone with an actual pulse on the OOC games we actually schedule.

Advertisement
Have they announced our BIG 10/ACC matchup game? We should get a solid team at home. Maybe Ohio State? Michigan?

Advertisement
B1G/ACC Challenge + Wooden Classic should get Miami some decent opponents. I'd love to see Miami add a couple of decent OOC mid majors to the slate(I'd love to see Miami add UF, but the Gators won't ever agree to a yearly series that makes sense for both programs), but as we've seen time and time again, Miami will shoot up the RPI standings as they win conference games. Strength of Schedule doesn't matter when you win 10+ ACC games, and as we've seen with this program, L's teams tend to overachieve in conference.

While it would be nice to schedule home and home series against quality opponents, I don't see us improving our non-confernce schedules going forward with two additional ACC games starting in 2019-20.

Advertisement
While it would be nice to schedule home and home series against quality opponents, I don't see us improving our non-confernce schedules going forward with two additional ACC games starting in 2019-20.
There's going to be 20 acc games a season starting in 2019? Really??

Advertisement
Yes exactly my sentiments. It gets old playing the same bad teams every year. We legit never schedule a good team to play. I don't get it.

Here is what I don't get. Why good does it do to play crap opponents ONLY OOC? If you win, it is expected. If you lose, it is really bad.

I am not asking to play only the best, I am asking for 1-2 opponents with a pulse in the OOC. This is in addition to the BIG 10/ACC Challenge and a non-conference tourney.

-

Maybe schedule a yearly home and home with UF. How about another one with Oregon, USC or UCLA?

Here is what I don't get. Why good does it do to play crap opponents ONLY OOC? If you win, it is expected. If you lose, it is really bad.

I am not asking to play only the best, I am asking for 1-2 opponents with a pulse in the OOC. This is in addition to the BIG 10/ACC Challenge and a non-conference tourney.

-

Maybe schedule a yearly home and home with UF. How about another one with Oregon, USC or UCLA?
I agree 100%. It's boring watching us play D2 and D3 schools every year. Maybe attendance would be better if we were scheduling real school. And the tourney this season is lame.

Advertisement
Back