2018-19 Season tips off tonight!

I was at the game. DJ looked much more assertive than his first two seasons. Zach Johnson had a slow start but really came on in the 2nd half. Lawrence and Lykes were a little careless with the ball. Gak is extremely thin and very raw, not sure how much we will get out of him this season. Looks like we are 7 man deep, not sure about Mack. Of the downside, Sam hurt himself. It looked like a leg injury but could have been his back.
Wish we had gotten a chance to see more of Mack. Unlike Gak he definitely looks strong enough to play in the ACC. Gak reminded me of Waardenberg’s deer in the headlights phase early last season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Disappointing to hear that Gak is not ready to play. He was highly regarded out of high school, you’d think he would be ready to contribute after a redshirt. A few questions for those in attendance:
1. Who was the primary ball handler when Lykes was on the bench?
2. How did izundu look? He can have a really good senior year if he stays out of foul trouble
3. How was our 3 point shooting?
4. How did we look defensively?
5. Did Sam’s injury look serious?

G Lykes / Herenton
G Vasiljevic / Johnson
F Lawrence / Mack
F Waardenburg / Gak
C Hernandez / Izundu

Advertisement
Disappointing to hear that Gak is not ready to play. He was highly regarded out of high school, you’d think he would be ready to contribute after a redshirt. A few questions for those in attendance:
1. Who was the primary ball handler when Lykes was on the bench?
2. How did izundu look? He can have a really good senior year if he stays out of foul trouble
3. How was our 3 point shooting?
4. How did we look defensively?
5. Did Sam’s injury look serious?
1. Johnson
2. Izundu played well tonight, but ended with 4 fouls.
3. Three point shooting was solid although I thought Lykes in particular forced a few (Coach L chewed him out at one point)
4. I was underwhelmed in the first half, but it got better. Not sure you can tell much given the competition.
5. He immediately called for attention and slowly limped under his own power to the locker room along with the medical staff. It’s hard to say but it was clearly more serious than whatever happened to Amp who was always visible in the tunnel before returning to the game.

Advertisement
Dewan looked super especially completing that one "Sam Watson" shot. Was nice to see the offense penetrate a lot more, rather than playing perimeter-pass... Lykes looked like AngelRod ( a little wilder) and Dewan looked sleeker than last year as they both penetrated well. DJ also seems sleeker/more agile. 3pointers were fun to watch, hope this is a sign of more. Gak was "too sleek" if you know what I mean, from what we saw. Also on limited views, Mack and Zack had some moments, up and down. Cant wait till Nov 9!

Now we’re prolonging his tenure at Miami.

I can’t wait for someone to scream but Julian Gamble now.
Miller shoulda redshirted his freshman year and focused on losing weight and working on every part on his game lol

Miller shoulda redshirted his freshman year and focused on losing weight and working on every part on his game lol
Too bad we can't clone Gak with Miller and get 2 ready to rumble players the same size out of it!

Advertisement
Really surprised to see the limited rotations tonight. We're in bad shape if Mack and Gak can't contribute.

Really surprised to see the limited rotations tonight. We're in bad shape if Mack and Gak can't contribute.
I would love Herenton to step up, great story, but seems unlikely. So Coach L only gave 7 players big PT today; gonna be tuff to do it with 7, agreed. Even if all stay fully healthy, and we had Sam hurt tonight and Amp limping. geesh.

Advertisement

How often does a 3rd year player redshirt (not because of injury or transfer) and have a decent tenure?

I mean redshirt during his 3rd year. Also, I am looking for a player who produced almost nothing their first two years.

Last edited:
Consigliere, tnx for posting the game summary.

- If we have to go with three guards, Zach will be in that starting lineup. One way or the other. Don't see him as playing 6th man role. We NEED his scoring too much.
- Sam seemed to be a non-entity last night in his 21 minutes. Was he playing inside at all, or hanging around the3 pt line?
- Izundu -- 4 fouls in 22 minutes. What's new! I see rebounding as a problem. Hernandez is gonna wear down if Izundu can't stay on the court.
- Mack only got 4 minutes. Coming back from an injury, or is this an indication of where he stands vs. the rest of the guys?
- Miller. Not even one minute?

Consigliere, tnx for posting the game summary.

- If we have to go with three guards, Zach will be in that starting lineup. One way or the other. Don't see him as playing 6th man role. We NEED his scoring too much.
- Sam seemed to be a non-entity last night in his 21 minutes. Was he playing inside at all, or hanging around the3 pt line?
- Izundu -- 4 fouls in 22 minutes. What's new! I see rebounding as a problem. Hernandez is gonna wear down if Izundu can't stay on the court.
- Mack only got 4 minutes. Coming back from an injury, or is this an indication of where he stands vs. the rest of the guys?
- Miller. Not even one minute?
Miller being redshirted, did not dress. Sam didnt play outside at all. He had a good defensive presence. Not sure the extent of his injury or if was cramping.

Advertisement
Back