2017 Spring Practice Scrimmage 1: (Small clip)

I thought the team and Deejay would be better off if he moved to Safety or CB. But he looked like a natural at WR too. What a playmaker, can't wait to see him on the field this season.

Advertisement
I made this argument on a thread from a few weeks ago, but the reason why it didn't make sense for Deejay to play CB or Safety is because the learning curve at those positions is much harder for a True Freshman than it is for WR.

Deejay is talented enough to play DB, but as a TF & even as an EE he wouldn't really play much considering he barely ever played it in High School.

With Deejay, he's got 4.4 - 4.5 speed & is naturally quick, when you watch his HS tape he accelerates like crazy on those runs once he finds a crease. He's the kind of player that you just want him on the field with the ball in his hands, he's big enough to play outside WR or in the slot & you can use him on an end around sweep as well.

If you remember, back at Paradise last year he caught a 70yd deep ball TD & and Richt was so impressed with his WR ability, he called him a "future 1st round pick".

With Ahmmon, Mullins, Cager, Berrios, Deejay & Dayall, then with Njoku, Thomas & Harley all coming in this summer we'll have plenty of quality depth at WR.

very true.

and to your point, even if a player at the WR position is not ready to be a full time starter, he can still contribute. you can still have him well prepared to get snaps in a package of plays, and he can be very productive. much easier to do that, than put him at corner and hope the other team only runs one or two route combinations that the kid can recognize and cover.

sigh.. When Al Golden was here.. it would of been a 10 minute video with hosts, interviews from players, and more highlights.. Now that we are on the right path as a program.. we can't even get a 1 minute video knowing **** well we want to see the QBs and just how dominate our defense is going to be and see some of our favorite EEs.. SMFH.

I did enjoy those!!

Oh, yea verily Crispian's time is upon us.

[video=youtube_share;hHia1zu_YNI]https://youtu.be/hHia1zu_YNI[/video]

This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remember'd;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

Advertisement
I thought the team and Deejay would be better off if he moved to Safety or CB. But he looked like a natural at WR too. What a playmaker, can't wait to see him on the field this season.
Would be nice to have someone who can actually the ints at cb though like artie

Deejay wears 13 because he's only half as good as the GOAT Sean Taylor bro

Advertisement
I remember arguing with some of you dolts about the open field tackling. I'm so glad Diaz understands the importance of pre-snap positioning/ alignment.

You know how hard it is to make an open field tackle on a D-1 athlete when you're 15-25 yards away from the play, pre-snap?

Bimbo Fishuh blazed us for that ish every year Pyrite was here.

As soon as he would see us back off the LOS he would start running the **** read option and it killed us every time.

Open field tackling is **** near elite now.

Let good athletes(florida) play in good pre snap position and you see much better tackling.

#DiazforMayor :cigar:

Advertisement
Back