2017 Spring Practice Scrimmage 1: (Small clip)

Advertisement
WR depth is crazy. Best depth I can remember having in a very, very long time.

Shirreffs hogged all the good throws in that clip. He's the guy.

Pffft. You can't tell nothin' from a couple clips. He was a 3 star that only Columbia School of Homeless Children wanted, and that was just because he was tall and skinny. They thought the boy needed a meal. Get with it.

Advertisement
I agree they keep it private until he settles on a QB. Who wants to listen to a thousand different opinions. Hopefully they'll open things up later.

Even though it was just a glimpse, I'm glad everyone is getting to see what kind of talent DJ is as a receiver. Trust me, there's a lotta mo.

Advertisement

Pffft. You can't tell nothin' from a couple clips. He was a 3 star that only Columbia School of Homeless Children wanted, and that was just because he was tall and skinny. They thought the boy needed a meal. Get with it.

3400 yards

31 tdtest

At least

I'd be really happy with numbers like that.

Evan will have those.

By the GT game.

[MENTION=14457]Liberty City El[/MENTION]:

Bruh, I love you for posting this, but at the same time, I hate you for posting this. lol
Man, this little tease got me so thirsty for football season, and we got another 5 months to go. lol. Good ish, my guy.

Travis is going to be special. I think he will exceed most of our expectations. We now have explosive playmakers at receiver. Give me which ever QB isn't scared and makes good decisions. Defense is ridiculous.

Can't wait for the Fall. So many teams I'm looking forward to lining up against.

@Liberty City El:

Bruh, I love you for posting this, but at the same time, I hate you for posting this. lol
Man, this little tease got me so thirsty for football season, and we got another 5 months to go. lol. Good ish, my guy.
Lol! It's all good bruh! I said the same thing in this very thread...

Canes All access is straight up playing games wit us by only giving us a 45sec clip lol

Advertisement
Atkins with the spin move.
He is looked over because he is a walk on but ever since he came here I been trying to tell everyone he can run the ball. Don't be suprised to see him get some carries in garbage time or after injury to another rb...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

3400 yards

31 tdtest

At least

I'd be really happy with numbers like that.

Evan will have those.

By the GT game.

In 2029, the award will be called the Shirreffs Award, given to the nations best player.

@Liberty City El:

Lol! It's all good bruh! I said the same thing in this very thread...

Canes All access is straight up playing games wit us by only giving us a 45sec clip lol

I'll take Joey Z annoying voice and highlights right now! Lol. Man, football can't get here soon enough!

Advertisement
I made this argument on a thread from a few weeks ago, but the reason why it didn't make sense for Deejay to play CB or Safety is because the learning curve at those positions is much harder for a True Freshman than it is for WR.

Deejay is talented enough to play DB, but as a TF & even as an EE he wouldn't really play much considering he barely ever played it in High School.

With Deejay, he's got 4.4 - 4.5 speed & is naturally quick, when you watch his HS tape he accelerates like crazy on those runs once he finds a crease. He's the kind of player that you just want him on the field with the ball in his hands, he's big enough to play outside WR or in the slot & you can use him on an end around sweep as well.

If you remember, back at Paradise last year he caught a 70yd deep ball TD & and Richt was so impressed with his WR ability, he called him a "future 1st round pick".

With Ahmmon, Mullins, Cager, Berrios, Deejay & Dayall, then with Njoku, Thomas & Harley all coming in this summer we'll have plenty of quality depth at WR.

I just came... Twice

Last edited by a moderator:
I made this argument on a thread from a few weeks ago, but the reason why it didn't make sense for Deejay to play CB or Safety is because the learning curve at those positions is much harder for a True Freshman than it is for WR.

Deejay is talented enough to play DB, but as a TF & even as an EE he wouldn't really play much considering he barely ever played it in High School.

With Deejay, he's got 4.4 - 4.5 speed & is naturally quick, when you watch his HS tape he accelerates like crazy on those runs once he finds a crease. He's the kind of player that you just want him on the field with the ball in his hands, he's big enough to play outside WR or in the slot & you can use him on an end around sweep as well.

If you remember, back at Paradise last year he caught a 70yd deep ball TD & and Richt was so impressed with his WR ability, he called him a "future 1st round pick".

With Ahmmon, Mullins, Cager, Berrios, Deejay & Dayall, then with Njoku, Thomas & Harley all coming in this summer we'll have plenty of quality depth at WR.

I've been hyping DJ up for months now. Boy gets no love from Cane fans because he was such a lock and committed early. So many brushed him off, as if the fact that he committed so early made him less talented than kids like Hollogram, Smith, Henderson, Edwards, etc.

Pretty sad (and we see the same thing with kids like Wiggins, Ivey, Frierson, and Blades where Cane fans on here just trash them because they committed so early (Blades hasnt committed but we all know the deal), while at the same time propping up track scrubs like Schwartzen or 9th graders like Samuel or zone cornerbacks like Surtain).

Everyone is screaming about Jeff Thomas, but DJ will end up to be the better player. What i think we should do though is spend this spring developing his route running and pass catching skills. Then spend the summer and fall working on taking handoffs, pass catching, and pass blocking as a RB. He's gonna be invaluable as a 3rd down back and an emergency regular RB when Burns and Gray fall by the wayside.

Advertisement
Back