2017 MLB Draft Thread

Mediavilla's stock really has fallen. After his Frosh year, I would have considered him as a strong possibility to get taken early in the draft. Even his sophmore year wasn't bad.

Advertisement
When's the last time a Cane wasn't picked before round 12?

Which was followed up by three straight Coastal Division titles, two ACC Regular Season titles and two trips to Omaha.

The time before that?

Which was a World Series year in itself but was also followed by two trips to Omaha in three years.

It's not at all surprising that tcgrad would:

1) ask this question
2) refuse to look it up himself
3) act as if he made some kind of point with his question

Typical.

This year's draft is evidence that recruiting has been an abject failure for 3 years. The on field performance this season was the culmination of the 3 years of failed recruiting. DiMare is not the answer.

We had one player drafted (in the 35th Round) in 2003.

Was that "evidence" that the recruiting had been an abject failure for 3 years?

Those classes only included Braun, Sanchez, Carrillo, etc.

Lepore was a disappointment for sure, as was Mediavilla, but it would be beneficial for him to come back and give depth with the possibility of returning to form. I absolutely think he's a better relief option than Albert Maury Jr. and it's not hard to see him being a high 3's pitcher in the ACC next season.

You're being too rational. Don't even bother with these guys.

They said the same thing about guys like Eric Whaley and Steven Ewing. Guys with 30+ career starts were prematurely jettisoned because they were "losers" who weren't important.

They're fanboys who don't live in reality. They're constantly living in the past and pining for a future that's, as far as I know, almost completely unobtainable.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back