2017 MLB Draft Thread

Advertisement
This year's draft is evidence that recruiting has been an abject failure for 3 years. The on field performance this season was the culmination of the 3 years of failed recruiting. DiMare is not the answer.

There goes Chester in the 12th to Tampa Bay.

Former Cane Justin Smith went in the 20th round.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Robert Touron to the Reds, and Raymond Gil to the A's in the 37th round.

And these were the last two of our recruits or players drafted. Looks like a lot of the signing class should be ripe to make it to campus, and honestly, on paper, it looks like a much better group of recruits than the last two years.

Last edited:
Advertisement
All things considered, the draft went well for us. McMahon and Toral are major pickups. We'll see what Chester does. I'd put a 70-80% chance on him signing. Lepore is in more of a gray area. It will probably depend on what the coaching staff tells him about his chances to be in the weekend rotation next year. I’m surprised Bargfeldt wasn’t selected by anyone. Eric Erickson, a pitcher with similar stuff and a history of arm trouble, was drafted and I thought Bargfeldt would as well. That said I’m very happy to have him back.

Advertisement
Thanks for all the good info Scane. It is nice to read some informative information on here instead of the unreadable gibberish/garbage of Jagr/Antwan.

LOL at C(un)T Cane not being banned from this board yet.

Hey dude if you can't make your point without using profanity then don't even bother to post. How old are you? 12?

That's it. Pretend like you're the mature poster around here.

All things considered, the draft went well for us. McMahon and Toral are major pickups. We'll see what Chester does. I'd put a 70-80% chance on him signing. Lepore is in more of a gray area. It will probably depend on what the coaching staff tells him about his chances to be in the weekend rotation next year. I’m surprised Bargfeldt wasn’t selected by anyone. Eric Erickson, a pitcher with similar stuff and a history of arm trouble, was drafted and I thought Bargfeldt would as well. That said I’m very happy to have him back.

Lepore was a huge disappointment. He wouldn't be missed if he signed.

Lepore was a huge disappointment. He wouldn't be missed if he signed.

Lepore was a disappointment for sure, as was Mediavilla, but it would be beneficial for him to come back and give depth with the possibility of returning to form. I absolutely think he's a better relief option than Albert Maury Jr. and it's not hard to see him being a high 3's pitcher in the ACC next season.

Advertisement
Back