2017 JUCO RB D'Anthony Hopkins

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
[HUDL]video/3/3385616/57d1e5adf61708271c78f441[/HUDL]

[HUDL]video/3/551516/5721b00c0dcb0d12f8416cfc[/HUDL]

D'Anthony Hopkins, Blinn College, Running Back

6'2 220lbs 3-star JUCO RB at Blinn, originally from Texas, went to 4A High School Cuero where he was an All-state Track athlete & also played Basketball.

Rushed for 1,114yds & 18TD's in JUCO with 12.6ypc, he had a game he rushed for 369yds & 4TD's last year.

According to Ivins, has been in contact with Coach Brown; It's pretty clear the staff wants a big body back & I like this move (if it happens) for depth purposes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Just checked the other thread & saw Scorpion & Mahoney had already posted about him, my bad didn't see it before I made this thread.

That's my fault.

Advertisement
Advertisement
As long as he runs like he's 220+, he's a take! Plus he ran track. Sign him up.

Advertisement
This will impact our scholarships for 2018... **** that! We're not playing for a championship next year anyways and are bringing in two legit studs at RB at

Advertisement
The ACC is loaded with strong defenses and we need a big back to get those tuff yards in the fourth quarter. This move makes sense on several different levels, especially with a new Quarterback trying to adjust to the speed of the game.

This will impact our scholarships for 2018... **** that! We're not playing for a championship next year anyways and are bringing in two legit studs at RB at

I doubt it. If we bring this kid in, Gray is probably encouraged to transfer for his 5th year. If not, the coaches probably try to get Gray to stay. Seems like the coaches really want 5 RBs on the roster for this year and 2018, but they also don't want to take a 3rd 2018 back (because of the guys we have a great shot at in 2019)

No it actually won't because the rollover from schollys is still in the 17 class.

With Gus & Yearby leaving, that gave us more flexibility... The staff has calculated the scholly count just fine, they'll never be a time where we're missing on people due to being short on numbers for the following class.

They wouldn't even consider a JUCO if it would negatively affect the numbers for 2018.

Advertisement
Back