2017 JUCO RB D'Anthony Hopkins

Serious question. Is the guy better then the bus?

It's not like we forced Edwards out...Just mainly got the picture he was going to be the #2 or #3 back, and he wanted somewhere he was going to get more carries for his senior year. Coaches could have lived with him staying, for sure.

But to answer the question, IMO this kid is similar to Edwards, long legs, long stride, but I like him just a tad bit better...Seems to have better RB instincts and wiggle for a big man. (wiggle isn't his strength, but he does get sideways and falls forward better than Edwards, and cuts quicker than Edwards who is stiff as a board) Probably a step slower than Edwards in the open field. If I had to call it I like this kid just A TAD better. He wouldl make a nice #3 here, not in our best years, but right now at this moment. Or at least battle Gray for the #3 spot, with loser getting the 4 spot. If neither emerge, then they either leave or are a #4 their senior year. But at least this kid has size and the heart/power to fall forward.

Great name too.

Last edited:
Advertisement

It's not like we forced Edwards out...Just mainly got the picture he was going to be the #2 or #3 back, and he wanted somewhere he was going to get more carries for his senior year. Coaches could have lived with him staying, for sure.

But to answer the question, IMO this kid is similar to Edwards, long legs, long stride, but I like him just a tad bit better...Seems to have better RB instincts and wiggle for a big man. (wiggle isn't his strength, but he does get sideways and cuts quicker than Edwards who is stiff as a board) Maybe a step slower than Edwards in the open field. If I had to call it I like this kid just A TAD better. He wouldl make a nice #3 here.

Great name too.

He is serviceable but definitely not better than Edwards.

Why are people asking if he's better than Gus? Gus quit. Asking if he's better than Gus is as relevant as asking if he's better than Jason Marucci.

Advertisement

But to answer the question, IMO this kid is similar to Edwards, long legs, long stride, but I like him just a tad bit better...Seems to have better RB instincts and wiggle for a big man. (wiggle isn't his strength, but he does get sideways and cuts quicker than Edwards who is stiff as a board) Maybe a step slower than Edwards in the open field. If I had to call it I like this kid just A TAD better. He wouldl make a nice #3 here.

Great name too.

He is serviceable but definitely not better than Edwards.

Agree to disagree...They are very comparable, if I really had to choose one I'd go with this kid. Edwards more of a specimen and probably faster on the clock, but no feet at all, and stiff as a board. And i had wouldn't have minded if Edwards stayed.

Last edited:
Don't Want.
Give me Lingard and Camron in 2018.
Noah Cain and Nayquan Wright in 2019....And I wouldn't mind potentially getting Mark Anthony-Richards and McIntosh at other positions.

We don't need to go get another RB.

Advertisement
Are we still looking at a grad transfer RB? Moving Deejay there doesn't address the lack of a big, between the tackles RB.

Advertisement
Are we still looking at a grad transfer RB? Moving Deejay there doesn't address the lack of a big, between the tackles RB.

Trayone Gray addresses that issue.

The move of Dallas to RB extinguished the pursuit of a late transfer. Frankly, Dallas is way better than anyone who was willing to come here for his final season of eligibility to be a third string RB anyway.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back