2016 WR Recruiting

GeraltOfCaneia

Sophomore
So yknow how Golden said he planned on taking 5 WRs in 2016?

Current WR Commits:

Sam Bruce
Dionte Mullins
Ahmonn Richards

Near-Locks:

Freddie Pinder
Michael Irvin Jr.

That makes 5 WRs.. But we also seem to be in on a few other WRs like Binjimen Victor, Darnell Salomon, Freddie Swain, Keyshawn Young, and Steven Newbold.

Who do you see us ending up with in 2016? Also, do you guys see Michael Irvin Jr. as a WR or TE?

I would be more than happy with any combination of these guys, but there are a few must-haves.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Snelson decomited. A perfect WR class would be any of the following 5:

Bruce
Pie Young
Pinder
Newbold
Richards
Mullins

No reason to leave the God **** tri county for WRs.

Last edited:
A few things...

- Replace Dredrick Snelson with Dionte Mullins in your list of current WR commits. Snelson decommitted late last year.
- Pete said a long time ago that the staff views Irvin Jr. as a TE.
- Keyshawn "Pie" Young and Binjimen Victor are the two uncommitted receivers I'd most want to see us land (realistically). Steven Newbold is another talented local WR who's widely liked on this board and belongs in the discussion.

A WR class consisting of Bruce (still assume he'll follow Scarlett or go to FSU, though), Richards, Mullins, Young, and either Victor or Pinder would be pretty ridiculous. Certainly not expecting it to happen given the current state of our program, but it'd be nice.

Advertisement
We do this to ourselves every season.

I would just be thrilled if we kept who we have.

I've edited my post switchin Snelson for Mullins (dunno what I was thinking lol) and added in the WRs you guys mentioned.

We can only really take 4 and 1 te, since we have needs and minimal scholies, I'd be happy to take Irvin jr and pinder then shut it down.

None of this matters with another season of battering by UVA and Pitt, or change those for UNC and Duke. Kids will high tail it out here fast AF just like 2015.

Advertisement
Seems like Richards might be looking around now that Carroll left, asked if he was still committed, he said "As of Now"...... Newbold has said he wouldn't mind playing DB either, so I say... Bruce, Mullins, Pinder, Victor, and Young.... Newbold as a Athlete

Not a big fan of newbold and pinder

I like pie young and victor is a beast too

Add the kid lee from kaayas school, i love that kids tape

I could of sworn Golden said and Carrol said we were taking 3 WR? He said he wanted to replace the 3 seniors but if Coley has a great year he may be gone.

Advertisement
I could of sworn Golden said and Carrol said we were taking 3 WR? He said he wanted to replace the 3 seniors but if Coley has a great year he may be gone.

I thought he said as many as 5..... we struck out big time for at least 2 this year with Chatman and Calloway

Advertisement
I think a class of the following would be an excellent, yet realistic pull.
WRs:
Sam Bruce
Dionte Mullins
Ahmmon Richards
Freddie Pinder
Binjimen Victor

TE:
Michael Irvin Jr.
Naseir Upshur

ATH:
Pie Young

Hopefully Kevin Beard can work his magic for the 2016 class. Questions is, out the 5 who do we drop if Dredrick Snelson decides he wants back in?

Anybody who says "not a fan of Pinder" I question their football knowledge. This kid would give us a back shoulder, jump ball and "go get it" guy. We. Need. One. Of. Those. I will be absolutely thrilled when/if we land him

I think Freddie Pinder is better than Binjimen Victor. And can they take Irvin jr. and Upshur for TE?

Advertisement
Back