2016 RB Kareem Walker offered

My boy coaches on their staff. This kid is a beast. His is still waiting on a Miami offer. Rutgers offered already.

Advertisement
It's amazing that we offer these jersey kids so early but we can't do it for kids in our backyard. This **** is unbelievable.

Yea offering kids 2 years from their signing day is bull****... they should be offering miami kids in Pre K. What's unbelievable is that you may agree with my sarcastic comment...

I never said anything about pre-k. It's crap that we offer out of state kids two years before their signing day when we haven't offered studs from soFL one year out from their signing day. That's it.

I'm in the minority here, but I say offer everyone early. I don't agree with the belief that you should wait to offer local kids. Seems like that just ****es off the south florida kids. I mean, some say well you hate to have to rescind the offer, but truth is most of the kids down south aren't going to committ early to us anyway; at least not the ones that end up with offers from all of the major programs. Throw the offer out there, and avoid the negative press that we seem to be getting now when FSU, UF, Bama, etc offer and we don't.

This is why studs in our backyard are like WTF!?!? We are sending crapping messages to recruits in SoFL weigh this bull****. You know **** well this type of crap gets used against us, I sure as he'll would.

smarten up Nas. negged

Really? So your telling me the 2015 studs aren't asking themselves this question? If you don't think so I have some beach front property to sell you in Idaho. We talk about the politics in SoFL in the recruiting game and here you are saying that this can't be a point of view for these recruits, their parents and their coaches? That's exactly what gets used against us and continues to undermine Golden.

Its smart by the staff...you have to get on OOS kids earlier than your back yard kids cause for one, you can sell your program without everybody else doing the same, 2: a kid will remember who offered first always and its a good look...( FYI we got our QB in Kaaya we offereded first) I don't mind that once you offer the OOS kids then u focus on what's around u in So.Fla...its too easy

Too easy. How many guys are we missing out on from our backyard this cycle?

Advertisement
Its smart by the staff...you have to get on OOS kids earlier than your back yard kids cause for one, you can sell your program without everybody else doing the same, 2: a kid will remember who offered first always and its a good look...( FYI we got our QB in Kaaya we offereded first) I don't mind that once you offer the OOS kids then u focus on what's around u in So.Fla...its too easy

You're probably right but you're making a blanket statement about this situation. What can we say about this kid? You need to offer a sophomore with those measurables (6'1 190) and that highlight tape. How often do you see a kid that age with that body type? Very rarely.

You can get burned by offering a local kid too early who doesn't pan out physically. Staffs always need to be more careful with local kids. It's always easier to rescind an offer if the recruit is remote -- like in this case, NJ. If you ***** over a local kid, then everyone in town is going to be breathing down your neck.

It's a hard line to walk, IMO.

It's amazing that we offer these jersey kids so early but we can't do it for kids in our backyard. This **** is unbelievable.
I hear what you are saying but it's commonplace for schools to offer OOS kids early that way they can get their foot in the door. When you start offering local guys too early, and you end up changing your mind, you risk fallout. Not saying your post has no merit, but it's not always cut and dry like you make it sound.

Edit: westendzone covered it

Last edited:

You're probably right but you're making a blanket statement about this situation. What can we say about this kid? You need to offer a sophomore with those measurables (6'1 190) and that highlight tape. How often do you see a kid that age with that body type? Very rarely.

You can get burned by offering a local kid too early who doesn't pan out physically. Staffs always need to be more careful with local kids. It's always easier to rescind an offer if the recruit is remote -- like in this case, NJ. If you ***** over a local kid, then everyone in town is going to be breathing down your neck.

It's a hard line to walk, IMO.

I agree that this kid deserves an offer. If Golden wants to be successful, he's going to have to play the game down here. There is no good reason why some of these 2015 studs should have not gotten an offer earlier.

Your right about the potential repercussions of having to rescind an offer from a local kid, it has to be done right and it usually involves slow playing the kid and not showing him a lot of love. It is a hard line to walk but he is supposed to be so **** smart that it shouldn't be a problem for him to figure out. I'm not a golden brasher, I just think he has been too slow or stubborn to figure out what needs to be done to be more successful recruiting in SoFL.

This is why studs in our backyard are like WTF!?!? We are sending crapping messages to recruits in SoFL weigh this bull****. You know **** well this type of crap gets used against us, I sure as he'll would.

smarten up Nas. negged

Really? So your telling me the 2015 studs aren't asking themselves this question? If you don't think so I have some beach front property to sell you in Idaho. We talk about the politics in SoFL in the recruiting game and here you are saying that this can't be a point of view for these recruits, their parents and their coaches? That's exactly what gets used against us and continues to undermine Golden.

which 2015 studs? Last time I checked, Scarlett, Patrick, Cronkite, Irvin, etc all have offers.

Advertisement
True. I'm just frustrated that it seems we are playing catch up for 2015 players and I know this kind of stuff gets used against us.

The same guys Al offered EARLY! Sony, Cook, Lane, Rudolph...etc

smarten up Nas. negged

which 2015 studs? Last time I checked, Scarlett, Patrick, Cronkite, Irvin, etc all have offers.

We JUST offered Cronkite and McFadden which is my point. I said we just offered studs within the last couple of days who we should have offered earlier. Can you tell me some jackasses close to them ain't in their ears saying "wow they just offered you but they offered this jersey boy 2 years out?" this type stuff is and will get used against us.

Advertisement
AQM, Hester, Olsen, Jenkins, Knighton

They aren't taking/offering some scrubs. You don't have to hate Golden for everything, giving him credit for opening up a legit pipeline in a talent rich state is okay.

Advertisement

so they get slow played and left looking stupid on NSD.

Hester and Walker

523.jpg

Advertisement
Back