2016 Gulliver Prep ATH Dionte Mullins visiting today

The visits went extremely well today for Dionte Mullins and 2017 RB Robert Burns. Both got the chance to talk to coach Golden and go in-depth about academics. Dionte's mother went and was very impressed according to my source. Very, very good for Miami.

Advertisement
204.jpg

Mullins is a must get, but Michael Irvin Jr is also....he better get an offer if he doesn't have one yet cause His dad is in the Ray Lewis Category when it comes to former Canes...

The visits went extremely well today for Dionte Mullins and 2017 RB Robert Burns. Both got the chance to talk to coach Golden and go in-depth about academics. Dionte's mother went and was very impressed according to my source. Very, very good for Miami.

Those two are two potential future stars on the college level. I hope we left a good impression.

Burns size already is very scary. 5'10" 210. Good chance he's the highest rated back in 2017 and we already have a very good shot at him. I've heard he's a physical specimen, his sparq score I heard was great and he's only gonna get better.

But kids like Robert Burns and Shaq Quarterman, I get worried when kids are at that size already, cause some of them actually max out as players but I doubt that's the case for either of them. Both have gotten better every year so far.

Mullins 6'0" 180 but looks bigger than that. His game reminds me of Sammy Watkins physicality, very nasty, tough, gritty, strong. Looks pretty fast idk if he's Sammy Watkins fast but it's a possibility. Could be a star both ways too as a WR or safety. Some people close to the Gulliver program feel like he's the best prospect there since Taylor. Taylor's own dad has said he reminds him of Sean, that's lofty expectations.

And as for Irvin Jr. I would be shocked if he doesn't end up here. It's not like he's some legacy you get to make daddy happy. He's actually a very good prospect.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Well as I said a few minutes ago that I would be shocked if Irvin Jr doesn't come here, SRuback. Irvin Jr. just got his offer from us now today.

The last players we got from Gulliver were Sean Taylor and Buck Ortega, whichever year that was.

Have they put anyone in The U? Last big time prospect I remember was P Rob who went to the noles
Gulliver is a very pro Miami school. Been tailgating with the owners since I was little.

Actually the last we got from Gulliver was LB Brandon Marti in 2008 class. He was kicked off the team after his freshman season.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2009/02/linebacker-brandon-marti-arrested.html

Advertisement
@Safid_Deen: Gulliver Prep 2016 WR Dionte Mullens said he and his mother had a great family meeting with the #Canes coaches Friday. "Felt like home."

The last players we got from Gulliver were Sean Taylor and Buck Ortega, whichever year that was.

Have they put anyone in The U? Last big time prospect I remember was P Rob who went to the noles
Gulliver is a very pro Miami school. Been tailgating with the owners since I was little.

Amos Leggett CB. He would have been here if it wasn't for his grades. Very good corner.

Leggett and Jean-Louis and Grooms. All kids who would have contributed here and wanted to be Canes. They didn't get it done in the class room. Only Leggett from Gulliver but still. Those do sting.

Amos Leggett CB. He would have been here if it wasn't for his grades. Very good corner.

Leggett and Jean-Louis and Grooms. All kids who would have contributed here and wanted to be Canes. They didn't get it done in the class room. Only Leggett from Gulliver but still. Those do sting.

If true, that is shameful. Of course the kid and his parents have their share of responsibility, but for a school like Gulliver to use an athlete like that and not make sure he gets it done in the classroom is inexcusable. This is not some cash-strapped public school with a million kids, it's freaking Gulliver.

i thought he didnt get in because he transferred too many times, but i could be wrong

Advertisement

i thought he didnt get in because he transferred too many times, but i could be wrong
kid transferred 4 times inbetween end of jr year and his senior year was ridiculous, no fault of the schools.

kid transferred 4 times inbetween end of jr year and his senior year was ridiculous, no fault of the schools.

That makes a lot more sense.

IIRC Leggett was still wanted here but he would have had to prep first and didn't want to (shocker)

Advertisement
I had a business meeting Friday with a Marshall alum and he was bragging about Leggett. All I could do was laugh & shake my head.

I know this is always said about the next recruiting cycle, but **** if 2016 isn't shaping up to be ridiculous.

Already got a blue chip QB and a blue chip MLB in the fold

Advertisement
Back