2016 four-star OL JP Urquidez visiting UM this week

He's now on the Miami site of the Scout database. He also lists Michigan, OU, Ok St, Texas, and A&M....

There's a 4-star TE out of La Vega in this year's class, too, who now lists Miami as one of his top schools - Kedrick James, 6'5" 243....

Link? Who else is he considering?

Why would Miami pick up another TE though.

He's a 2017 guy. If they took him it would probably push Polenday out. They may not be interested. Who knows. But if a kid higher on your board wants the spot and he's serious you generally give it to him.

Advertisement
He's now on the Miami site of the Scout database. He also lists Michigan, OU, Ok St, Texas, and A&M....

There's a 4-star TE out of La Vega in this year's class, too, who now lists Miami as one of his top schools - Kedrick James, 6'5" 243....

Link? Who else is he considering?

Why would Miami pick up another TE though.

He's a 2017 guy. If they took him it would probably push Polenday out. They may not be interested. Who knows. But if a kid higher on your board wants the spot and he's serious you generally give it to him.

They wouldn't drop Polendey. He's a major stud and an EE that they're high on. That kid would just be a huge bonus

I just got in contact with JP's dad and he declined to comment on anything right now. I will say that Miami is interested, though.

Advertisement
Last edited:
I just got in contact with JP's dad and he declined to comment on anything right now. I will say that Miami is interested, though.

I can see why coach Searels would want a big tackle with quick feet.

[TWEET]740700214630055936 [/TWEET]

Baylor released him along with the other 2016 signees that requested they be released. Are we gonna pursue one or more of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
We need every ounce of competition and talent we can get. Me personally I would make a strong push for both Hudson and Urquidez. Hudson is the highest rated guy by far and even if just a G could really help us. JP obviously is a huge position of need. Then I would also take Parrish Cobb regardless of landing Maurice Smith bc he will only be here for a year and I can almost guarantee he's better than Mayes and Henley and possibly Jackson as well. Last time I saw we were currently at 79 or 80 ships and getting even one of those guys could force some additional attrition and allow us to further upgrade the roster.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back